‘We will not obey’--civil disobedience-gay marriage

TracerBullet

Shall I start with Sodom and Gomorrah, two cities that God destroyed predominately because of homosexual activity?

'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.” Ezekiel 16:49-50

Detestable things - shiqquts; sheqets; shiqqutsim - a term always applied to idol-worship or to objects connected with idolatry

TracerBullet

Whenever you hear that gay marriage is the "right side of history." Look at how they treat those who stand in their way. People on the right side of history don't have to resort to intimidation and harassment to achieve their goals.
but it seems OK when those opposed to equality resort to intimidation and harassment

People like to compare the LGBT movement to the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s. There are many differences, but this one is one of the most important:

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Much of the gay rights movement is motivated by hate.
because denying an entire minority the same rights you enjoy is an act of love.

Go to the Castro district and teach the truth of what the Bible says about homosexuality and see what response you get.
Gee it's almost as if those nasty gays don't want to be accosted in their neighborhoods.

See what happens if your employer figures out that you donated money to the Proposition 8 campaign.
what happens to employees if their boss finds out they are gay. in 29 states they can be fired on the spot for that.

See what happens to ex-homosexuals.
Eventually they get some help and accept who they are.

If it wasn't for the intimidation and hate the LGBT movement would not be nearly as successful as it is today.

And the reason for this? The Civil Rights movement was a religious and moral one. The LGBT movement rejects God and rejects morality. It is motivated by hate and not love. It is important that we respond back in love and not in hate.
when do you plan to start?

rougueone

I understand that your god hates gay marriage. Question is, why should the law care what your god abores, keeping in mind that congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion?

God, my God is incapable of hate. Hate is not a part of ,nor will ever be, a hundred trillion light years of Gods person. Gods entire being-person is a single component. LOVE. from Genesis to Revelation God has made it clear, HE loves you, me, and every human being ever to exist.
It is our behavior that isolates us from God. It is sin that caused the entire human race to to be separated from God. Human choices. But God gave us a way out of the penalty of sin by His Holy Son, Jesus. Jesus took every sin and wiped the slate clean. However, it is again, human choice to accept the forgiveness of sin offered to us, by God, in Jesus, and thus not face eternity in a terrible existence of punishment.

You may of over looked my statement you responded to....
But the sin ( homosexuality ), is still a forgivable sin, as Jesus suffered horribly for this sin as well.
Yes, God does see the sin as an abomination. But that is not hate.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I understand civil disobedience, and I understand that Jesus is the highest example.

But I do feel that Justice Kennedy - the deciding vote in this case - had a chance of swinging with the conservatives, and these types of briefs have angered him and now have him squarely in the same sex marriage camp.

this is why voting republican is so important

the judges are writing law

to get conservative judges
you must vote republican