10 things I'm right about, whether you agree or not.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jesus used the Law to bring men to the end of themselves by proving that they were falling short.

Paul taught that Jesus was the end of the Law for righteousness.

You are STILL a false teacher, and have a false gospel.

YOU are not now, nor have you ever been a Christian. That is the absolute truth, no matter what you say to deny it.

Until you believe the gospel as Paul presented it, you are still dead to God.

No one is condoning any of thoose things, godless. Christians just affirm that man is not righteous or unrighteous based on those things. YOU believe that they are.

More proof that you are self-righteous.

Your mistake is to think that the Law has only one purpose. I agree with your one purpose, but there is another use/application of the Law taught by Jesus and Paul. There is a negative and positive component. Why only believe one motif, but not the other?

Practical, godly Christian living for the glory of God and good of man AFTER conversion is not confused with initial justification at conversion by me, so why by you?

Mystery

Your mistake is to think that the Law has only one purpose.
Your mistake is that you think I'm mistaken.

The Law has only one application regarding righteousness.

Practical, godly Christian living for the glory of God and good of man AFTER conversion is not confused with initial justification at conversion by me, so why by you?
Becuase Christians do not live by the Law, but by the Spirit. If you were a Christian, you would know that.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Demonically inspired anti-Christ doctrine. You are going to hell to spend eternity with your father the devil.

You just blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

I can't even believe that you actually just said that! If it was a mistake, maybe there is still hope for you, but it doesn't look good. :sigh:

Somehow, I have the feeling that you are going to defend what you said, only confirming that I was right about you from the beginning.

How very sad for you. :(

Have you not read Paul in Corinthians and Ephesians?

I know David was not born again, but his example of dealing with sin in Ps. 32 and Ps. 51 is a principle and pattern for all believers who sin before a holy God (2 Tim. 3:16).

If saying we should stop sinning and grieving/quenching the Spirit (Eph.) and stop hurting our brothers is your idea of blaspheming the HOLY Spirit, then you are beyond hope/help.

I Jn. 1:9 believers (Christian walk), not unbelievers (evangelism).

James 5:15-16 "IF he has sinned, (then) he will be FORGIVEN." Therefore confess your SINS to each other and pray for each other that you may be healed."

The context is believers/elders in church. It is about sins, not initial justification as a sinner. (James 5:19-20 is also against OSAS).

I Cor. 11:27 context is believers who are sinning in issues surrounding the Lord's Supper ('sinning'). I Cor. 11:31-32 is part of the remedy (why would Jesus judge us if he is blind to sin?).

Many other verses support my principle that is not questioned by virtually every believer from the first century to the present.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Your mistake is that you think I'm mistaken.

The Law has only one application regarding righteousness.

Becuase Christians do not live by the Law, but by the Spirit. If you were a Christian, you would know that.

The Spirit does not contradict the Law of God. He does not indwell us and cause us to break the Law. The Spirit is the Law of liberty and freedom. He energizes us to live a life pleasing to God, not one that is contrary to God's character (that would be sin and the flesh).

The Bible does not pit the Spirit against the moral law of God, so why do you? The Bible does pit life in the Spirit against a wrong application of the law or against laws for theocratic Israel (dietary/civil) that do not apply to blood bought, born again believers (like US).

Mystery

Have you not read Paul in Corinthians and Ephesians?

I know David was not born again, but his example of dealing with sin in Ps. 32 and Ps. 51 is a principle and pattern for all believers who sin before a holy God (2 Tim. 3:16).
Let's see what Paul says about David, instead of godrulz...

"Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, And whose sins have been covered. "Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account."

If saying we should stop sinning and grieving/quenching the Spirit (Eph.) and stop hurting our brothers is your idea of blaspheming the HOLY Spirit, then you are beyond hope/help.
That is not what you said, and that is not what I rebuked you for.

You said...

The Holy Spirit does convict believers if they sin and expects confession, repentance, and renewed obedience.

That is blaspheme of the Holy Spirit. You are accusing the Holy Spirit of doing something that He does not do.

I know with 100% assurance, based solely on what you teach, that you are not in Christ. It is not an insult. It is not personal. It is not for any other reason that I say that, but that others may know that you are not to be believed, and in the hopes that God will bring you to salvation.

Mystery

The Spirit does not contradict the Law of God.
The Spirit has no relationship with the Law of God. The Law was made for sinners, not the righteous. Are you claiming that the Holy Spirit is a sinner?

"But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners"

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

He does not indwell us and cause us to break the Law.
You are so blind and self-righteous that you actually think that you are living up to the demands of the Law? :rotfl:

This is what happens when someone becomes religious without Christ, they move into self-delusion, and a depraved mind. You never have obeyed the Law, and you never will.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
How can you hope I get run over by a truck and go to hell and hope I experience salvation? Learn to think.

Mystery

How can you hope I get run over by a truck and go to hell and hope I experience salvation? Learn to think.
Wow, you'll try anything to get me banned won't you? Are you that desperate to steal, kill, and destroy?

At times, I want to spare others from your lies, while at other times, I want to you to believe the gospel.

I'm torn over which is more expedient. :idunno:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Wow, you'll try anything to get me banned won't you? Are you that desperate to steal, kill, and destroy?

At times, I want to spare others from your lies, while at other times, I want to you to believe the gospel.

I'm torn over which is more expedient. :idunno:

I don't want you banned. This is too much fun. I see your point, even though you come across as schizo./MPD.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't want you banned. This is too much fun. I see your point, even though you come across as schizo./MPD.
1] Schizophrenia is not multiple personalities.
2] It's not called MPD anymore. It is now known as DID: Disassociative Identity Disorder

Balder

2] It's not called MPD anymore. It is now known as DID: Disassociative Identity Disorder

Speaking of which, Mystery still hasn't answered my question about this.

I think it represents a potential hole in Szasz's dualistic paradigm.

Mystery

Mystery, I have two questions:

1. Are you aware of the field of research called psychoneuroimmunology?

2. Are you familiar with the well-documented phenomenon of dissociative personality disorder (something I'm sure Szasz would call a "made up disease") actually resulting in individuals who exhibit different immune responses depending on which personality is presently dominant? In other words, a person can be allergic to dogs, or test positively for type II diabetes, when one personality is "in control," and these symptoms disappear entirely when that personality is not in control. How would you explain this in your paradigm?

I'm going to have to read more about these, before I can give you an informed response. Initially, I have no problem with stress effecting the immune system.

As far as DID goes, you won't like my response, because I will attribute it to a spiritual basis.

Ecumenicist

I'm going to have to read more about these, before I can give you an informed response. Initially, I have no problem with stress effecting the immune system.

As far as DID goes, you won't like my response, because I will attribute it to a spiritual basis.

The challenge is finding a Spiritual interpretation which is consistant with Scripture and
works in harmony with scientific observations.

Its possible, just takes some prayer and effort.

Balder

That's fine, Mystery. I respect the fact that you are willing to do further research before answering.

I do not have a problem with the notion that there are spiritual causes to some of our disorders. In fact, I think that's likely. But, to my knowledge, people suffering from schizophrenia or DID have been helped and even healed with traditional psychotherapeutic methods (not only through medication, but also interventions which help to heal rifts in basic structures of psychological identity), which should not be possible if this phenomenon were really explainable (in all cases) as something like possession or whatever.

Best wishes,

B.

Morpheus

Most see that justification deals with the penalty of sin, sanctification, the power of sin, and glorification, the presence of sin.

There is a sinless perfectionism heresy (various forms) that does not see the progressive, synergistic (God and man) nature of our growth subsequent to initial conversion.

Christians are free from sin and can have victory over sin, but this does not preclude us from lapses into sin or struggle with sin. We need to appropriate His power and grace, just as we do at initial conversion. God does not force Himself on us, or we would all be instantly mature and perfect from the first minute on (contradicts reality and Scripture). There is a positional and progressive nature, with ultimate victory taking place at His Coming or our leaving this earth at death. We do not need to sin, but if we do, there is full provision for past, present, and future sin.

The godless are given over to sin, are condemned by it, and are powerless to free themselves from its bondage. In light of the holiness of God, you should consider the remedy of man's greatest problem...sin and death and hell are only conquered by Christ and His work in us.
Isn't this much like, as long as I'm truly struggling against sin because I love God then he is faithful to forgive my slips, but if a person continues to sin uncontested then he truly doesn't love God and God is faithful to put him in the goat pen whether he calls himself Christian or not?

godrulz

Hall of Fame

I know this. He is both/and, either/or at times. MPD would be familiar to more people, so I threw out the old term. He doesn't believe in either so-called mental illness anyway.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

We cannot discount demonic involvement (Jesus dealt with some things as illness, other things as demons...e.g. 'epilepsy'/seizures).

In my experience, many claiming DID have had sexual abuse histories. It can be a psychological coping mechanism/defense.