10 things I'm right about, whether you agree or not.

thecortexrules

BANNED
Banned
We cannot discount demonic involvement (Jesus dealt with some things as illness, other things as demons...e.g. 'epilepsy'/seizures).

Epilepsy is now known NOT to be "demonic" but rather excessive excitability of brain cells. However, could that have been a metaphor, since the cause of epilepsy was not known, there wasn't any treatment worth mentioning, and, therefore, back then epilepsy could certainly wreck someone's life as much as any demon?

And certainly, if Jesus was an omnipotent god, then there would be no problem with him stopping excessive neuronal discharges as well as demons...

Katherine

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Epilepsy is now known NOT to be "demonic" but rather excessive excitability of brain cells. However, could that have been a metaphor, since the cause of epilepsy was not known, there wasn't any treatment worth mentioning, and, therefore, back then epilepsy could certainly wreck someone's life as much as any demon?

And certainly, if Jesus was an omnipotent god, then there would be no problem with him stopping excessive neuronal discharges as well as demons...

Katherine

The point was that we need discernment since Jesus sometimes dealt with physical illness or nature and other times (but not always) there was a demonic influence behind these manifestations. If your worldview is materialistic, you will wrongly import those ideas into Scripture, which is supernaturalistic.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
He doesn't believe in either so-called mental illness anyway.
That's not true. If you'd take the time to actually read what he says, you would know that he believes in many of the conditions that are called mental illnesses. He just doesn't believe they are illnesses. I agree with him.

red77

What would Tourettes Syndrome be classified as? in the dark ages I'm sure it would have been akin to being posessed by a demon but what would you have to say about this one mystery?

BillH

BANNED
Banned
once saved always saved....Judas?

Luke 10: 25-28 'Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?' Jesus said to him, 'What is written in the law? How do you read it?' He said in reply, 'You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart with all your being, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.' He replied to him, 'You have answered correctly; do this and you will live.'"

Sounds to me like some action is required...not just a silly unscriptural altar car.

Not an easy/emotional moment of yes....a life of yes.

We're not saved til we say 'yes' with our whole lives.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Judas was never saved.

He was called an apostle. Jesus did not pick a devil, a son of perdition, to be part of His inner circle of ministry after a night of prayer to the Father. He became a betrayer. He was not chosen in that state.

If you want to quibble that he was not a Christian, I agree, since this was pre-cross, but he still was a disciple/believer, who fell away. Change your theology, not the Bible. OSAS is indefensible.

Mystery

Change your theology, not the Bible. OSAS is indefensible.
You are a false teacher, and just like Judas, never saved.

"Jesus said to him, "He who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you." For He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He said, "Not all of you are clean."

"But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him. And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father." As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew, and were not walking with Him anymore. Jesus said therefore to the twelve, "You do not want to go away also, do you?" Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. "And we have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God." Jesus answered them, "Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?" Now He meant Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the twelve, was going to betray Him."

BillH

BANNED
Banned
OSAS flies in the face of so much of the Gospel

OSAS flies in the face of so much of the Gospel

Mystery,

OSAS flies in the face of so much of the Gospel. There are literally more than 100 verses that counter OSAS oriented thinking.

You put the easiest thing to trump first in your list.

1 Cor. 13: 2-3 – "...if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing."

Mystery

Mystery,

OSAS flies in the face of so much of the Gospel. There are literally more than 100 verses that counter OSAS oriented thinking.

You put the easiest thing to trump first in your list.

1 Cor. 13: 2-3 – "...if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing."

Here is what you said on another thread...

And...from one of the maybe 200 references to us as sheep...John 10:27

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

My sheep hear My voice

Jesus says that they hear His voice. Not that they should, but that they do. They hear Him. I believe Jesus, do you?

,and I know them

Jesus says that He knows His sheep. It does not say that He might know them if they "continue" to hear or follow. Jesus says that He knows them! Those whom Jesus tells to depart from Him, He never knew them. He did not once know them and then somehow stopped knowing them. Jesus says He never knew them. Those who Jesus says that they hear Him, He also says He knows.

,and they follow Me;

Again, Jesus does not say that they had better follow, and keep following, but that they DO follow Him. You have failed to exegete this verse, and it has only added to your confusion and your false beliefs.

Jesus continues...

and I give eternal life to them,

Jesus says that He gives them eternal life. He does not say that they might get eternal life, but that He gives it to them. It is an assurance, not a condition of doing something. They have eternal life, because they ARE His sheep.

and they shall never perish;

Jesus clearly says that those whom He knows that are His sheep, and who do hear and follow Him will never perish because they have eternal life.

If any sheep were to perish, then Jesus would be a liar, which is what you think he is.

BillH

BANNED
Banned
Mystery,

"Those who try to make their life secure will lose it, but those who lose their life will keep it" (Lk 17:33).

We must believe and follow and obey..we must "persevere to the end", we must "endure", we must "remain in him"...we must ...we must "hold out to the end".

we must say Yes to Jesus for our whole life...not for some happy moment during an altar call.

Mystery

Mystery,

"Those who try to make their life secure will lose it, but those who lose their life will keep it" (Lk 17:33).

We must believe and follow and obey..we must "persevere to the end", we must "endure", we must "remain in him"...we must ...we must "hold out to the end".

we must say Yes to Jesus for our whole life...not for some happy moment during an altar call.
In other words, I just made you look like an idiot, because you can't refute the context of the verses.

Doesn't matter. There never has been and there never will be a single Roman Catholic Christian.

BillH

BANNED
Banned
Mystery,

Namecalling..and now, dodging the Bible too...and this is on your very first "I'm right" point. Doesn't bode well oh man of confidence.

Have at the verses yourself...enlighten us to the 'context' and deeper meaning. Show us how they all, in synthesis, support your point.

Rom. 2: 5-11 – "...the just judgment of God, who will repay everyone according to his works."

or

Mt. 12: 36 – "I tell you, on the day of judgment, people will render an account for every careless word they speak. By your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

or many others...just waiting for you to fit into your nonbiblical OSAS model.

Mystery

BillH, you are a :troll:

I gave you a biblical response to your anti-Christ doctrine and you ignored it.

Go away and spam some other site.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mystery,

Namecalling..and now, dodging the Bible too...and this is on your very first "I'm right" point. Doesn't bode well oh man of confidence.

Have at the verses yourself...enlighten us to the 'context' and deeper meaning. Show us how they all, in synthesis, support your point.

Rom. 2: 5-11 – "...the just judgment of God, who will repay everyone according to his works."

or

Mt. 12: 36 – "I tell you, on the day of judgment, people will render an account for every careless word they speak. By your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

or many others...just waiting for you to fit into your nonbiblical OSAS model.
BillH you really are an idiot. And you proved it beyond all doubt by referencing Romans 2. Romans 2 is not referring to the saved, its referring to the unsaved (which will be judged).

And as far as Matthew is concerned... Jesus is preaching the law (not grace), there was no such thing as OSAS under the law.