A Christians response to tyranny.

jzeidler

I asked one of my closest friends today in anger how I was supposed to react to all the evil, tyrannical, and devilish things I see in America and this presidential administration. After listening to a song and thinking a bit I believe I know how to answer.

"The Lord, He alone sits enthroned forever
The one Sovereign King
He will rain down strength and peace.

He alone, sits enthroned forever
The one Sovereign King
He will reign with grace and glory." -Dustin Kensrue

See, it matters a lot that there is tyranny in Washington. But we have a pure King sitting on his thrown in control and dominating over even the tyrants who think they are above everything and everyone.

But, what's more is that this Sovereign Pure King is more than just a cosmic ruler to us who are in Christ. For us He is our Dad! We are sons of the King and no matter what happens in this life. No matter if we lose our freedoms here or our lives. We will never be slaves to tyrants! We are princes of the King of all reality. We can never be slaves to anyone!

bybee

I asked one of my closest friends today in anger how I was supposed to react to all the evil, tyrannical, and devilish things I see in America and this presidential administration. After listening to a song and thinking a bit I believe I know how to answer.

The one Sovereign King

The one Sovereign King

See, it matters a lot that there is tyranny in Washington. But we have a pure King sitting on his thrown in control and dominating over even the tyrants who think they are above everything and everyone.

But, what's more is that this Sovereign Pure King is more than just a cosmic ruler to us who are in Christ. For us He is our Dad! We are sons of the King and no matter what happens in this life. No matter if we lose our freedoms here or our lives. We will never be slaves to tyrants! We are princes of the King of all reality. We can never be slaves to anyone!

So true! Thanks!

bybee

All governments are tyrannical....some hide it better than others. Americans who believe they were ever free are in a dream world.

Freedom is a relative thing.
I exercise a good deal of freedom even though my government is slowly taxing the blood out its' citizens. And many of the laws which I am forced to obey are abhorrent to me.

Quetzal

The one Sovereign King

The one Sovereign King

So, "patriot", what are you going to do now?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Freedom is a relative thing.
I exercise a good deal of freedom even though my government is slowly taxing the blood out its' citizens. And many of the laws which I am forced to obey are abhorrent to me.

Yus but the point is the government tomorrow can put a stop to it all. They always could, and they have always been prepared to.

Who believes these days that the Vietnam war was just...but people had to serve.

bybee

Yus but the point is the government tomorrow can put a stop to it all. They always could, and they have always been prepared to.

Who believes these days that the Vietnam war was just...but people had to serve.

Is any war just?
But if there is finger pointing going on, how about The Boer War?
Or, the slaughter of the innocents going on legally in abortion clinics?

PureX

Self-righteousness is a powerful drug, that makes people feel really good about themselves … falsely.

We finger-point at others so that we will not have to look back at ourselves, and perhaps see that we are not so righteous as we think we are. Because we don't want to lose that nice "high" that we get from it.

And the scarier the world gets, the more we want to run and hide, and wallow in that phony high of our own imaginary righteousness. So we point and we blame all the more intently. While we do nothing to actually create any positive change. In fact, we're so drunk on our own self-righteousness that we can't even see strait enough to know what a positive change would look like.

And by "we", I mean most of you, most of the time. And me, too, some of the time.

jzeidler

A Christians response to tyranny.

Self-righteousness is a powerful drug, that makes people feel really good about themselves … falsely.

We finger-point at others so that we will not have to look back at ourselves, and perhaps see that we are not so righteous as we think we are. Because we don't want to lose that nice "high" that we get from it.

And the scarier the world gets, the more we want to run and hide, and wallow in that phony high of our own imaginary righteousness. So we point and we blame all the more intently. While we do nothing to actually create any positive change. In fact, we're so drunk on our own self-righteousness that we can't even see strait enough to know what a positive change would look like.

And by "we", I mean most of you, most of the time. And me, too, some of the time.

I understand. This is why we must never sway from the constitution. This is a place of freedom and rights. We cannot let them take an inch.

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

The one Sovereign King

The one Sovereign King

So.. the Christian way of dealing with tyranny is to sit and do nothing.

That's just plain false teaching. Masquerading timidity and convenient passivity for holiness.

God works through men, those missiles hitting ISIS are from jets, not a divine hole in the sky.

I think Christians need to realize that if we were meant to do nothing, than God desired us to be extinct a looong time ago.

Interplanner

The one Sovereign King

The one Sovereign King

The 1628 Dutch hymn "We Gather Together" is about the Reformation response to the Papal government. Obviously there was some physical conflict. But I do appreciate the final line: "O Lord make us free."

This piece was written 150 years before the Declaration of Independence but for some of the same reasons.

jzeidler

So.. the Christian way of dealing with tyranny is to sit and do nothing.

That's just plain false teaching. Masquerading timidity and convenient passivity for holiness.

God works through men, those missiles hitting ISIS are from jets, not a divine hole in the sky.

I think Christians need to realize that if we were meant to do nothing, than God desired us to be extinct a looong time ago.

No, what I'm saying is that we need to act! But act In a way knowing that we are already victorious.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

You make good observations, good posts

bybee

The 1628 Dutch hymn "We Gather Together" is about the Reformation response to the Papal government. Obviously there was some physical conflict. But I do appreciate the final line: "O Lord make us free."

This piece was written 150 years before the Declaration of Independence but for some of the same reasons.

I love that hymn! ..."Oh Lord make us free."

bybee

I don't feel self-righteous at all! I know what I like and I know what I don't like. I gravitate towards what I like and stay away from what I don't like. The freedom to do so is very precious to me. I defend it for me and for you.

brewmama

I don't feel self-righteous at all! I know what I like and I know what I don't like. I gravitate towards what I like and stay away from what I don't like. The freedom to do so is very precious to me. I defend it for me and for you.

Self-righteous is a label libs love to throw around toward people who dare to recognize that there is a right and wrong.

Quetzal

Self-righteous is a label libs love to throw around toward people who dare to recognize that there is a right and wrong.
Nice try. The term "righteous" originates in religious contexts. So, to quote a three year old... "You started it!"

OCTOBER23

VENGEANCE BELONGS TO GOD

AND HE WILL DESTROY THE EVIL ONES.

Deuteronomy 32:35 To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence;

their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand,

and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

Psalms 40:14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul

to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.

brewmama

Nice try. The term "righteous" originates in religious contexts. So, to quote a three year old... "You started it!"

Because that's where you find right and wrong. But self-righteous? That's always non-religious calling religious people names.

PureX

I don't feel self-righteous at all!
Of course you do. How many times have we all read from you about how you pulled yourself up by your own bootstraps as you vehemently condemn those who you imagine are being too willfully lazy to do likewise? That sure smells like self-righteousness to me!

How many times a week do you allow yourself to wallow in disgust for those "liberals" that you imagine are to blame for so many social ills? That sure smells like self-righteousness running amok to me!

We're all guilty of it, but some more than others. And some of us have made a whole lifestyle out of wallowing in their own imagined self-righteousness. To the point where all they do is point and blame while they wallow in their imaginary moral, ethical, and religious superiority, oblivious to the harm they do to others in the process.
I know what I like and I know what I don't like. I gravitate towards what I like and stay away from what I don't like. The freedom to do so is very precious to me. I defend it for me and for you.
That's a very good way to ensure that you never learn anything bad about yourself. Because you never question what you "like and don't like", or more importantly, why you like or don't like those things.

I don't mean to pick on you, but you're the only one with enough courage to respond to my accusations, so you get to be on the hot seat. Sorry.