a fertiziled human egg is not "potential life" but ACTUAL LIFE

republicanchick

yeh, you hear this a lot... how a fertilized egg is potential life... will turn into human life...

PLEASE

It either is or it is not human life

by this kind of "logic" (choke, choke), you could say that a 20 yr old is more human than a 5 year old...

As they say

If it is alive, don't kill it

If it is not human, what is it?

++++

Caledvwlch

I don't go to lib sites... or those recommended by such--i have limited time, ya know

Well, here's the relevant section, to save you some time:

In nature, 50 percent of all fertilized eggs are lost before a woman's missed menses. In the in vitro fertilization (IVF) process as well, an embryo may begin to develop but not make it to the blastocyst stage — the first stage where those cells destined to become the fetus separate from those that will become the placenta. The blastocyst may implant but not grow, or the blastocyst may grow but stop developing before the two week time at which a pregnancy can be detected. The receptivity of the uterus and the health of the embryo are important for the implantation process.

republicanchick

It is completely relevant. You said that a fertilized egg is human life. Science tells us that a majority of fertilized eggs never become fetuses. It literally couldn't be more relevant to the thread.

so if a person never attains the age of 30, he was nevr human

got it...

:dead:

Caledvwlch

so if a person never attains the age of 30, he was nevr human

got it...

:dead:

No, that's not what I, or the quote you refuse to read, said. It said that after conception, some number more than half of fertilized eggs don't even implant, let alone go on to become fetuses and placentas.

TracerBullet

yeh, you hear this a lot... how a fertilized egg is potential life... will turn into human life...

PLEASE

It either is or it is not human life

by this kind of "logic" (choke, choke), you could say that a 20 yr old is more human than a 5 year old...

As they say

If it is alive, don't kill it

If it is not human, what is it?

++++

by your "logic" we should run down to the cemetery and dig up great grandpa because he is still alive

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
An egg is not a chicken . An acorn is not a tree . A couple of nuts and bolts are not a car . Personhood laws are extremely stupid and would be disastrously counterproductive , because they could lead to making contraceptives illegal based on the false premise that pills "cause abortions ". They do not .
Saying that contraceptives "cause abortions is a ludicrous as saying that smoke alarms cause fires .

republicanchick

No, that's not what I, or the quote you refuse to read, said. It said that after conception, some number more than half of fertilized eggs don't even implant, let alone go on to become fetuses and placentas.

so just b/c I go away... from.. just any given place

I am no longer a human because some say I belong in that said given place...

geez...

head spinning lack of logic

__

kiwimacahau

Fertilised eggs are potential. Fertilised chicken eggs are potential chickens; fertilised human eggs are potential humans. Why this is difficult for anyone to understand amazes me.