a whore for the republican party

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
... town and rusha who claim the republicans didn't fix the abortion problem when they had the chance
would you like a link?
The link wasn't to a single quote from me, by the way. :plain:

3rd you need a filibuster proof senate

this is where it started
a democratic controlled senate blocked the nomination
Robert Bork Supreme Court nomination
it was about abortion
Right on him being blocked but wrong on it being about one issue. And that's one guy out of how many nominees? Should I link to the thread where I spelled out how your complaint about Justices isn't supported by history?

later they tried to stop another nomination
Clarence Thomas Supreme Court nomination
it was about abortion
It was about a few things, but the last time I looked he was still wearing the robes, so it's a hollow attempt to inflate a fairly singular complaint.

And on the Partial Abortion Ban legislation. It was supported by 63 Democrats in the House and 17 Democratic Senators in 2003. And it's worth noting that a smattering of Republicans voted against it in both the House and Senate.

Beyond that and the thing you never really take on, most people aren't Democrats because of an issue, but because of a range of issues. Trying to destroy a party that represents, philosophically, nearly half the electorate is a fool's errand, while moving the issue is anything but.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Do you deny that God ordained civil government as one of three institutions for the governance of man? (the Church and the Family being the other two).

Christians have a responsibility to be not only stewards of the Church and Family, but of civil government as well.

Scripture please...I am well aware that God ordained the how the Body of Christ is to be governed but, I would like to see the scripture that you are gleaning civil government from. Jesus Himself did not support or involve himself in civil government during His time on this earth either, instead we were urged to follow the law of the land, not to conform to the things of this world, & set our minds on things above. I am not really concerned with the state of the world as it is perishing as we speak, nor do i personally believe that our time spent here is to bring heaven to earth but, be the light to those perishing with this world that they might be saved from it. Real change in this world will not come through any government system but, when hearts are turned to God and they repent of their unbelief...then and only then will the tide be turned, until until that happens (if it does) you have one vote & one voice. Did you ever stop to think that this nation is being judged by God? I have...The U.S. is reaping what it has sewn as a nation.

rougueone

I voted for 20 years. Until I realized I have a higher priority than this Nation. I can do more for this Nation in prayer than a vote. I realized my vote was was a ruse. My vote further enabled those who are bent on corruption to continue. Bottom line is this, the U.S. is about to slip into the abyss. As it has been doing. Sure, the U.S. may have a voice, but few will hear it. The U.S. will give the image/illusion, to Americans primarily, " all is good". But those who are wise, know better. And certainly the Global politicians, The U.N. and the global people know this. Worse our enemies. But who can define just whom is Americas friend?

The Trans-Pacific Partnership is another chapter in our bleak economic future , tightening the seal of poverty upon us. I have witnessed events in this Nation, over the past 40 years that were not even a part of ones broad imagination. Politically Socially, and worse, the agenda against our Christ, Jesus. I cannot yoke with such a Nation. I am identified by God, not a Social-political agenda. I am bound to Gods Constitution, Genesis to Revelation.

China has established it's own Central Bank to compete with the dollar. On Oct. 21, the I.M.F. will announce it's acceptance of China's currency. My prediction.
My friend's, it is over for America. The middle Class people. OVER. And Americas demise will be sealed on Oct. 21. The dollar cannot compete with the Yuan as our debt ratio is to high. And Americas ability to produce consumable goods is all but void. How do we compete? We cannot. As I understand currencies.
The U.S. "slide", ( to which the U.S. is on) , will increase it's grade a few notches, once the I.M.F. votes the Yuan in .
Mans attempt to self Govern will always fall. The Bible makes this very obvious.
The " war to sustain our former glory" is lost. As God decreed this.
I will run the race that I know is victorious. In Gods race, yet a war. In this I have peace. I know the outcome.

rougueone

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Reagan? You mean the guy who is responsible for the legalization of abortion in CA?

In 1967, then-Governor Reagan signed into law a tax increase that actually amounted to the largest tax hike in the state’s history. That same year, Reagan also signed the Therapeutic Abortion Act, which essentially legalized abortion in California

The Truth can be painful can't it?

I'd mentioned to you in another thread that in the political world repentance means repealing a law that you were responsible for.

Reagan put on his best Hollywood act and said that he was sorry for numerous things that he did while he was Governor of California, (abortion, no fault divorce legislation) but never did anything legislative wise during his political career to show that he was.

Don't count me in as someone who will vote republican no matter what.

My allegiance is to God, and if the republicans change their platform to an anti-traditional values one (pro homosexual marriage, etc.) and if they field a Presidential candidate who espouses the same, then don't count on my vote chyrs.

God--Our Family--Our fellowship ,are the priorities. beyond these,
" choose your battles wisely".

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I voted for 20 years. Until I realized I have a higher priority than this Nation.

Do you deny that God ordained civil government as one of three institutions for the governance of man? (the Church and the Family being the other two).

Do you realize that failing to help choose wise godly leaders is failing to fulfill your duty as a (supposed) Christian?

I can do more for this Nation in prayer than a vote.

I've seen what you do in another thread.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4310463

Are you a 'gay' Christian roug or just a money hungry Libertarian? (the remainder of your post points to the latter, but I had to ask about the former).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Christians have a responsibility to be not only stewards of the Church and Family, but of civil government as well.

Scripture please...

I've covered this topic extensively in another thread.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3310948&postcount=4195
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3309837&postcount=4120

Here's a link to the Scripture that you've specifically asked about:
http://www.westwalkerchurchofchrist.org/sermons/2008/THREEDIVINEINSTITUTIONS.pdf

I linked these two article in the above thread as well:

Men of faith should be involved in politics -- Moses is proof
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/110518

If godly men should stay out of politics, God is the biggest offender
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/150416

I am well aware that God ordained the how the Body of Christ is to be governed but, I would like to see the scripture that you are gleaning civil government from. Jesus Himself did not support or involve himself in civil government during His time on this earth either,...

Because the OT already laid the foundation for things such as civil government; in the NT God was concentrating on repentance and redemption.

instead we were urged to follow the law of the land,

Unless it goes against God's Word.

"We must obey God, not human beings!"
Acts 5:29

not to conform to the things of this world, & set our minds on things above. I am not really concerned with the state of the world as it is perishing as we speak, nor do i personally believe that our time spent here is to bring heaven to earth but, be the light to those perishing with this world that they might be saved from it.

If you believe that God created earth with the purpose of Satan ruling it, I have a whole lotta Scripture that says otherwise.

Real change in this world will not come through any government system but, when hearts are turned to God and they repent of their unbelief

Yet close to 60 million unborn babies are dead in a 43 year period because of unrighteous legislation and a culture that embraces immoral behavior. Change didn't happen overnight, it came from a combination of corrupt laws along with a corrupt culture.

...then and only then will the tide be turned, until until that happens (if it does) you have one vote & one voice. Did you ever stop to think that this nation is being judged by God? I have...The U.S. is reaping what it has sewn as a nation.

For someone who is so much against civil government, you sure do spend a lot of time in political threads.

How do you change hearts when the Church itself (because of politics) is being corrupted?

And yes, we as a nation are reaping what we've sewn. Is there somewhere in Scripture that pinpoints when people of faith are supposed to give up and quit fighting evil, i.e. just call it quits?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
6th you need a republican controlled legislature

a republican governor needs a republican legislature to produce bills that he can sign
just like
walker in wisconsin
he took on the unions and beat them
without a single democratic vote

perry in texas
needed a republican legislature to pass a bill restricting abortion

Texas Gov. Perry calls second special session on abortion

back to
what you need

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
what you need to know about what you need

1st you need control of the supreme court
2nd you need a republican president
3rd you need a filibuster proof senate
4th you need a republican congress
5th you need republican governors

we already have the last three
but
they are the easiest to get

in separate posts
I will explain why each of the six requirements are important
and
they will be linked to this post

the six links here
show what the republicans have tried to do
and
show how the democrats have tried to block them

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Big Question For 2015: Will The Supreme Court Rule On Abortion?

The ongoing spike in abortion laws started after 2010, when Republicans won big in the midterms. Since then, state lawmakers have passed more than 200 abortion regulations — more than in the entire decade before. And with more statehouse gains in the fall elections, abortion opponents expect another good year.

This coming year, the Supreme Court will likely get the chance to weigh in again on how much abortion regulation is too much.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Big Question For 2015: Will The Supreme Court Rule On Abortion?

The ongoing spike in abortion laws started after 2010, when Republicans won big in the midterms. Since then, state lawmakers have passed more than 200 abortion regulations — more than in the entire decade before. And with more statehouse gains in the fall elections, abortion opponents expect another good year.

This coming year, the Supreme Court will likely get the chance to weigh in again on how much abortion regulation is too much.

Did you bother to read the article that you posted chrys?

...Nancy Northup, who heads the Center for Reproductive Rights, says courts in two states have blocked the 20-week ban.

"Fortunately, many of the most extreme laws that have been passed have been found unconstitutional by the courts, and we have been able to block them," Northup says.

Judges have also struck down laws restricting medication that induces abortion, requiring doctors who perform abortions to have admitting privileges at local hospitals, and forcing doctors to show women a sonogram of the fetus....

Still, some laws have been allowed to stand, including a number that require stricter building codes for clinics that provide abortion. That has pushed dozens of clinics across the country to close.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...-2015-will-the-supreme-court-rule-on-abortion

Building codes? All kinds of businesses are shut down because of building code violations. That hardly means that we're becoming a pro life culture once again.

republicanchick

Quote:
Reagan put on his best Hollywood act and said that he was sorry for numerous things that he did while he was Governor of California, (abortion, no fault divorce legislation) but never did anything legislative wise during his political career to show that he was.

chyrs.

u don't seem to know how our system of government works

the governor does not legislate. the legislature does that...

Reagan couldn't have changed the laws if he wanted to and I know he wanted to... Once he learned more about abortion he was VERY against it.

so again... either it is ignorance or malice on your part.. either way...

not good

++

republicanchick

just the number of threads you start is creepy
and
it has been suggested that the democrats should actually pay you
now
that is creepy

that is the most absurd thing I have heard all day.. in weeks, in fact

starting a number of threads is "creepy"?

like... whatever...

the dems should pay me?

that is really dum...

you are sounding just like them (Ds.. libs)

They got to you too?

pity

____

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

that is the most absurd thing I have heard all day.. in weeks, in fact

starting a number of threads is "creepy"?

like... whatever...

the dems should pay me?

that is really dum...

you are sounding just like them (Ds.. libs)

They got to you too?

pity

____

have you been called a whore for the republicans?

you know who has?