Abortion after 20 weeks: One woman's story

Jose Fly

In circumstance's like these (I charitably assume that they are Christian's), I am comforted by the papacies' teaching, that while abortion remain's forever a gravely illicit act, that duress (which I think I reasonably see in this account of this poor mother and family) diminish's or even nullify's, there eternal guilt.

Having personally seen the duress that results from carrying through with the pregnancy and delivering the baby, I can't in good faith tell anyone they have no choice but to endure it.

Given the circumstance's, they're is almost no wrong answer.

Which is why I'm pro-choice.

republicanchick

[
After seeing that in person, I became firmly pro-choice. Not because I think they should have aborted, but because I think in situations like this, people should be allowed to decided for themselves what the best course of action is. I don't think anyone can truly say what they would do, until they are actually in that situation. It's horrible and unimaginable.

the time".

What is " horrible and unimaginable"

is directly KILLING an innocent human being

THAT is what is most horrific about abortion...

Murderers end up in Hell... so if you can't htink about the child, think about yourself..

Those who "only" promote murder go to Hell also (unless they repent... but you know.. it's my understanding that... just regardless of.. anything.. it is not easy getting to Heaven.. so says the Word, so says reality [a Christian's reality, that is.. (Christians are very persecuted..)].

++

Sitamun

What is " horrible and unimaginable"

is directly KILLING an innocent human being

THAT is what is most horrific about abortion...

Murderers end up in Hell... so if you can't htink about the child, think about yourself..

Those who "only" promote murder go to Hell also (unless they repent... but you know.. it's my understanding that... just regardless of.. anything.. it is not easy getting to Heaven.. so says the Word, so says reality [a Christian's reality, that is.. (Christians are very persecuted..)].

++

If and when (I don't wish the scenario on anyone), you can make that choice for yourself. Once again, please give me just ONE example of real persecution on Christians in this country. Also, if I was in the pregnant woman's position, and anyone TOLD me what I HAD to do, would be slapped.

Sitamun

I'm sure the unborn, if able to respond to this argument, would agree with you

Selfish

++

It's selfish of me to leave the decision up to the people it's happening to? Thanks for opening my eyes! From now on I'll just grab myself a soapbox and tell everyone I know better than they do!

Also, I do note that you can still not name a single instance of Christians being persecuted in the United States.

Dan Emanuel

Having personally seen the duress that results from carrying through with the pregnancy and delivering the baby, I can't in good faith tell anyone they have no choice but to endure it.

Which is why I'm pro-choice.
They'res enough example's where abortion at least seem's like it should be available, if it isn't specifically encouraged (like if the mother would die during delivery or section). Baby's, toddler's and young children are not adult's with the full right's and responsibility's of citizen's, and the argument about abortion never extend's to making child-killing legal. This issue isn't out of hand. We are focusing in on the pregnancy itself, nobody serious in this debate believe's we should be able to kill a youngster, no matter what.

But sometime's, youngster's do get killed, regardless of the law. And sometime's, its intentional. And sometime's, even when its intentional, its also justified.

The Christian faith is more liberating than the law.

DJ

Sitamun

Already shown wrong. Which backs up my assessment that you think abortion is OK when scans show black for an unstated percentage of the baby's head.

Abortion is an OPTION when SEVERAL scans done by SEVERAL EXPERTS, show that there is no brain mass inside the developing fetus' head.

There fixed it

Sitamun

Right. You think it's OK to kill a baby who has a brain deformity.

If you mean by deformity as in there wasn't one....
Second it's not my call to make, as I am not carrying the child. I am not a parent to this child, THEY are the ones that have to struggle with the situation they have, and you aren't either. That is what I am saying.

PureX

Let's hear why elective abortion, where the child is completely healthy, should be legal...
The bottom line is that a developing fetus is not a "child" except in the imaginations of those who accept this pretense. And not everyone does. And those that do don't have the right to impose their pretenses on those that don't.

That's the truth of it. Whether you like it or not.

WizardofOz

The bottom line is that a developing fetus is not a "child" except in the imaginations of those who accept this pretense. And not everyone does. And those that do don't have the right to impose their pretenses on those that don't.

That's the truth of it. Whether you like it or not.

:yawn: semantics then...

How about "human". This is biologically provable.

PureX

:yawn: semantics then...

How about "human". This is biologically provable.
It's not just semantics. It's about the different ways people understand the process by which we become a human being. Some of us think that as soon as the genetic code is complete, the biological entity is a human being, and so they refer to it as a "baby", and a "child", still in the womb, and claim it's deliberate destruction is "murder". But others of us think that it's an ongoing process that begins with the genetic code, and completes with the birth of a "baby". And in between these two points is a long and somewhat mysterious collection of processes and milestones, some of which they feel should be beyond our meddling, and some of which they feel should be under the mother's control.

Again, you may not like this, or agree with it, but you are not the arbiter of everyone else's thought and feeling on the subject. And you are not the arbiter of our laws regarding the matter, either.

That's that way it is. And so that's apparently the way God and your fellow citizens want it to be.

WizardofOz

It's not just semantics.
that's exactly all it is.

It's about the different ways people understand the process by which we become a human being. Some of us think that as soon as the genetic code is complete, the biological entity is a human being, and so they refer to it as a "baby", and a "child", still in the womb, and claim it's deliberate destruction is "murder". But others of us think that it's an ongoing process that begins with the genetic code, and completes with the birth of a "baby". And in between these two points is a long and somewhat mysterious collection of processes and milestones, some of which they feel should be beyond our meddling, and some of which they feel should be under the mother's control.

Rationalizing away human value just like when slave owners could decide what to do with their "negroes" who likewise had no voice of their own, who were often killed (not "murdered" because it was legal after all) and who were not afforded full human status.

Again, you may not like this, or agree with it, but you are not the arbiter of everyone else's thought and feeling on the subject. And you are not the arbiter of our laws regarding the matter, either.

That's that way it is. And so that's apparently the way God and your fellow citizens want it to be.

I'm not claiming to be an arbiter and I'm not debating what the status quo of the law is or is not but I will argue against what is immoral and unethical just like anyone who was a voice for the voiceless when slavery was the legal status quo.