Agape4Robin is for the Witch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
Heck yes! We could bring back the old test: Bind their hands and feet, throw them into a river and if they drown, they were witches. :banana:
I thought if they floated they were witches?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:
I thought if they floated they were witches?

How often did they float?

Seems to me that if they weren't witches, they would float and if they were witches they would drown, thus verifying to the mob that they had been correct in their witchy assesment and proving they murdered the right person.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
How often did they float?

Seems to me that if they weren't witches, they would float and if they were witches they would drown, thus verifying to the mob that they had been correct in their witchy assesment and proving they murdered the right person.
Well the way I heard, only a witch would be able to float with somethign weighing them down and if a few (hundred) innocent people might drown too, it was a risk everyone else was willing to take. Maybe I've got it backwards though.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
It looks like we were both right. From Wikipedia:
One of the common tests was to tie the hands and feet of the person (and sometimes enclose the person in a bag) and throw him or her into a river or pool. It was held that if the person managed to float, this was due to the Devil's help. Such a person was thus found guilty of witchcraft. If the person could not float then he or she was considered innocent, but this acquittal came too late because the accused had by then drowned. In England the person that could float was often considered innocent.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, the version I heard was that if they were innocent, God would intervene and they would not drown. Since they always drowned it was reaffirmation that they were witches.

It comes down to the fact that a lot of innocent women were murdered......

Mr. 5020

More of Freak's "heretic" threads, I see. You've been quite arrogant in this thread, Freak.

Back to your old ways, I guess...

Lovejoy

Mr. 5020 said:
More of Freak's "heretic" threads, I see. You've been quite arrogant in this thread, Freak.

Back to your old ways, I guess...
I thought the same thing as soon as this thing popped up. I guess this is what the backalley is for, but this one seems badly misguided. Perhaps, though, good will come of it yet.

OMEGA

If it was a lake you could swim underwater to the other side and escape.

But alas, many people did not know how to swim and their heavy clothing would weigh them down nonetheless.

God thinks that Witchcraft is an abomination and the same as Idol Worship.

1Sa 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
2Ch 33:6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
Ga 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Withcraft is idol worship. However, Wiccans tend to say that they do not practice withcraft. Most of the ones I've met, anyway. Witchcraft and Wicca are two different things, but can be praticed together, I guess.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Didn't long for the old Freak to come back...

Him and Inquisitor are a match made somewhere whether they know it or not...:nono:

Caledvwlch

What is this? A4R? Freak, have you ever even read one of her posts? Believe me, she and I have had our share of arguments in the last month or so, but she's never been anything but kind, and if you recall the thread with Justin, he was using the scriptures more accurately than you were, and Robin recognized this. Anyway, she's one of the good guys. Keep your hatred focused on us atheists, agnostics, etc.

Agape4Robin

Hey Freak-
I'm back! :wave2:
So, ya ready to get this party started? :party:
Let see, where were we? :think:
Oh yes, I'm a weak christian who didn't answer your question.....

Oh, wait. :doh: ...YES I DID!

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Agape4Robin said:
Hey Freak-
I'm back! :wave2:
So, ya ready to get this party started? :party:
Let see, where were we? :think:
Oh yes, I'm a weak christian who didn't answer your question.....

Oh, wait. :doh: ...YES I DID!
Aww, don't let Jay get your knickers in a wad. You haven't arrived on TOL until he or Sozo started a thread calling you some sort of awful thing... ;)

He's just being, well, Jay.

:devil:

Agape4Robin

Zakath said:
Aww, don't let Jay get your knickers in a wad. You haven't arrived on TOL until he or Sozo started a thread calling you some sort of awful thing... ;)

He's just being, well, Jay.

:devil:
Wow, I feel so.........honored. :rolleyes:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Agape4Robin said:
Wow, I feel so.........honored. :rolleyes:
Well, in it's own strange way, TOL has sort of honored you by allowing you to become Jay's target for a day.

I didn't say it was fun, it is what it is... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.