ARCHIVE: God and the fire in Colorado

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by cirisme
Think of it this way, with a fire over 100,000 acres and only four people dead, how is it God didn't intervene?
I find if fascinating how religionists demonstrate such amazing blindness about things outside their theological presuppositions. Of course, perhaps crisisme believes in an unorthodox view of the Christian deity that renders it powerless or abstinent is day-to-day events.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Zak

Zak

You said, “Of course, perhaps crisisme believes in an unorthodox view of the Christian deity that renders it powerless or abstinent is day-to-day events."
It sounds to me like crisisme believes in a God who was able to create beings who possess a will of their own, independent of His. Unorthodox? Maybe. Biblical? Absolutely.

Jer. 32:35 ‘And they built the high places of Baal which are in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I did not command them, nor did it come into My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.’:cry:

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Zakath, I’m disappointed by your dishonesty concerning the following posts to Knight. First you said:
“Impressive clouds, I've been close to several forest fires and seem to recall woodsmoke was darker ....:confused:"
And then you said…
“I merely made a comment and asked a question about a photograph. I never actually stated that the original photo you posted wasn't smoke. You've apparently never run across the term ‘cloud of smoke’?”
Despite your atheistic beliefs, I thought you had more integrity than this. What happened?

Evangelion

We thrashed this out ad nauseum on the Fellowship board. The entire argument sprang from a simple misunderstanding on Knight's part.

It is, in fact, "dishonest" to pretend that this is still a live issue.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Becky
Zakath, I?m disappointed by your dishonesty concerning the following posts to Knight.
It wasn't dishonesty, and your "disappointment" moves me not an inch, Becky. It's just a photo. Besides, Knight's already threatened to ban me for daring to question him...

Perhaps you should communicate with the allegedly injured party (Knight) before trying to jump on a non-existent bandwagon. :)

C

cirisme

Becky,

It sounds to me like crisisme believes in a God who was able to create beings who possess a will of their own, independent of His. Unorthodox? Maybe. Biblical? Absolutely.

You judge me correctly. :D

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Evangelion

Evangelion

You said, “The entire argument sprang from a simple misunderstanding on Knight's part.

It is, in fact, "dishonest" to pretend that this is still a live issue.”

You call this a misunderstanding? Come on Evangelion. You can’t possibly read the above comments and continue to call it a misunderstanding! You and Zak are cut from the same cloth when it comes to simply admitting you jumped to conclusions. What a lot of dancing around just to avoid offering an apology!

I thought it was only fair to Knight to compare the comments so that others could see for themselves that this was no misunderstanding. Since I haven’t been around for about a week, I didn’t realize that this was a “dead” issue.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Zakath

Zakath

You said, “It wasn't dishonesty, and your ‘disappointment’ moves me not an inch, Becky. It's just a photo.”

Whether my “disappointment” moves you “not an inch” or not is beside the point. I’m pointing out that you violated the honest and sometimes humble character that you have tried to present in the discussions I’ve had with you. All of this could have been avoided by simply admitting an error in judgment and then offering an apology.

You said, “Besides, Knight's already threatened to ban me for daring to question him.”

This was not a case of questioning him. It was a case of falsely accusing someone of being dishonest. Had Knight or anyone else done the same to you or Evangelion, the matter would not have been dropped so quickly or quietly. But since Knight has apparently let it go, so will I.

Flipper

This was not a case of questioning him. It was a case of falsely accusing someone of being dishonest. Had Knight or anyone else done the same to you or Evangelion, the matter would not have been dropped so quickly or quietly.

Riiiiiiight...

Is the sky in Beckyland really rose-colored, or is it just your glasses? ;-)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Re: Zakath

Re: Zakath

Whether my ?disappointment? moves you ?not an inch? or not is beside the point.
Obviously not for me, or I wouldn't have bothered to bring it up.

I?m pointing out that you violated the honest and sometimes humble character that you have tried to present in the discussions I?ve had with you.
I'm not a bad sort, I just have a bad reaction to people making mountains out of molehills...
All of this could have been avoided by simply admitting an error in judgment and then offering an apology.
Translation:"All this could have been avoided by going along with the Administrator." Apologize for a "cloud of smoke"? Why? Knight and a group of posters had three days worth of posts turning the non-issue into a separate topic called "That is not a cloud!" Before passing judgment on me, take a look at that topic, where the interchange between Evangelion and Knight took place. You will note that I did not post there and was not part of that entire discussion.
This was not a case of questioning him. It was a case of falsely accusing someone of being dishonest.
When Knight can no longer discern the difference between a comment and a "false accusation" it would appear that he's wearing his feelings on his sleeve and needs to back off. I'd make the same recommendation to anyone else. Including myself.
Had Knight or anyone else done the same to you or Evangelion, the matter would not have been dropped so quickly or quietly.
I cannot speak for Evangelion, but I am regularly excoriated on this site because I dare to question things. It's only my easy-going good nature that keeps me posting. All Knight has to do to be rid of me is either PM me and tell me that I am no longer welcome to post (I will not post where I am not wanted) or cancel my ID. Either way, I'll merely "slap the dust from my sandals" and move on. No big deal.
But since Knight has apparently let it go, so will I.
But not until after making how many posts on the topic???;)

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Zakath, you are easy-going, but you are also incorrigible and stubborn. How one human being can exhibit these three qualities, I’ll never understand!;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Zakath, you are easy-going, but you are also incorrigible and stubborn. How one human being can exhibit these three qualities, I’ll never understand!;)
Maybe I'm just a multi-faceted individual. :D

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Remember the old T-shirt:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm a schizophrenic
And so am I.