Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Two questions:

1). Can I put a link to my blog in my sig?
Yes. You are a TOL supporter therefore you can do that.

2). I drafted a Constitution for a hypothetical state and I want people's opinions. Is it allowed to start a thread about that or is it banned under 'posting previous writings'?
That sounds cool.

If it's really long you might want to post it in "bite sized" chunks.

Let me explain the previous writings thing...

Lets say there is a debate going on... one guy responds, and the next responds... except one guy is never actually responding. Instead he is merely copying and pasting pre-written material. That's a no-no.

Another example is when new members come on here and post long pre-written material with a link to the source which is there own website as a way to drive traffic to there own website. That's also a no-no.

eameece

But, do they wear togas at your other forum? Or is it togae?

I'm not saying my "old forum" is better, or more to my liking; just that, as an example, it is possible to delete a post you make there, and it is not here. Perhaps someone has some insight into this?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why was the "What are you listening to now?" thread closed after...what, five years?

It has something to do with Obama, doesn't it... :mmph:

That darn president cat! :think:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why was the "What are you listening to now?" thread closed after...what, five years? It has something to do with Obama, doesn't it... :mmph: That darn president cat! :think:

I think they were trying to move without telling you. :listen:

Don't tell 'em it was me told you where they was...... :noid:

warren clark

Ya know it's really frustrating sometimes when you ask people seemingly simple questions and you get no response or some long drawn out response that isn't much more than pure obfuscation.

I always try to answer questions asked of me with simple direct answers.

After all... can't you answer the question directly and then go on to provide further explanation if you feel the answer warrants it? Shouldn't a sound world-view and theology be afraid of no question?

Therefore I give you....

ASK KNIGHT! :knight:

Ask me anyhting you want and I promise to give you a short direct answer.

No *topic is "off limits". The openess of God, dispensationalism, conservativism, hockey, whatever!!!

Ask away.... and get the answers you are seeking. :D

*topics that are are inappropriate for TOL are inappropriate for "Ask Knight" as well.

P.S. I will do my best to answer your question in a timely manner. :)

How many posts does it take to get a profile picture and a signature?

InHope

Lately I've been encountering threads that show multiple pages but don't allow me access to those pages. For example, right now in "The Authority Problem" thread it shows 8 pages, but I can't go past 7. I've tried changing the page number in the url, clicking on the page number, and clicking on the ">" button. This happened with one of Chrys's threads the other day, too- and with 2 others (though I can't remember which). I thought it might be a problem with my browser (I use Chrome), but I tried it in Explorer & had no luck. Any ideas?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lately I've been encountering threads that show multiple pages but don't allow me access to those pages. For example, right now in "The Authority Problem" thread it shows 8 pages, but I can't go past 7. I've tried changing the page number in the url, clicking on the page number, and clicking on the ">" button. This happened with one of Chrys's threads the other day, too- and with 2 others (though I can't remember which). I thought it might be a problem with my browser (I use Chrome), but I tried it in Explorer & had no luck. Any ideas?
Hmmm... not sure, give me a link to the thread you are talking about and I will check it out.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have been seeing that lately too. It happens in threads where a troll has had his posts deleted. ;)

InHope

I have been seeing that lately too. It happens in threads where a troll has had his posts deleted. ;)

That would make sense, since the Chrysostom thread was confusing me based on Chrys's numerous replies to posts that weren't actually there.

warren clark

This might've been answered before, if so I would love to be directed to the answer. =P

How does Rep Power work and how is it counted?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are members allowed to name call in the reps if they don't like your views? They say stuff in the reps that they won't say on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.