Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For the time being I will put the small minded user on ignore. He isn't one of the good contributers to this board like AB or Elo.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Are members allowed to name call in the reps if they don't like your views? They say stuff in the reps that they won't say on the board.

Very definitely.

Knight can read everyones' rep boards, but I doubt he has time to do so in order to monitor the hatefulness posted there.

Nang

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I must be doing something right if my posts eat at them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samstarrett

Okay, what would prevent me from being able to give rep points, and also deplete mine?
Never had this happen ever. 0.o

Your rep power is presently at 0, ergo reps from you have no effect. I don't know why it's that low; could be no one's ever pos repped you, or any pos reps you received might have been cancelled by negs.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, what would prevent me from being able to give rep points, and also deplete mine?
Never had this happen ever. 0.o

I have 497,219 rep points but its still at 0 rep power. I am lost. XP

Hmmm. It was just at 150+ The other day 0.o
Your biggest problem is you can't read.

I gave you a link that explained the rep system and I also provided other links one of which explained that new members that are still at the "registered" level cannot give rep. When you have over 50 posts and have been a member for more than 14 days you will become a registered PLUS member and will be able to give rep (assuming you have a positive rep power).

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you have a link on this site as to what constitutes profanity? I don't want to waste my time reporting posts for profanity when a word in the post doesn't qualify as such according to board rules.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'd like a nice long list of curse words too! :D

It would help. I have reported two words since being on here I thought were curse words. It would cut down on useless red tape.

For example, is the word created by joining the word hole with the old word for donkey together a bad word? If it isn't then reporting posts with that word is a waste of time.

Samstarrett

It would help. I have reported two words since being on here I thought were curse words. It would cut down on useless red tape.

I agree, actually. Just having a little fun.

For example, is the word created by joining the word hole with the old word for donkey together a bad word? If it isn't then reporting posts with that word is a waste of time.

I think it probably is. But wouldn't such a list itself be subject to being reported? :D

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just don't want to be wasting my time, but conversely I don't want to be apathetic either.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicholsmom

Hi Knight :wave:
I know that spamming a thread is a no-no, so I've reported a few side-line sniping sessions (conversations not relevant to the thread concerning a person or persons posting to the thread - just character assassinations really) in the past. I'm just wondering if it's eve worth my while to bother with that - it just seems to be such a popular hobby for so many posters lately, but I find it horribly rude (except when I am really getting sick of some poster's continued blather, of course :chuckle:) and non-productive. Should I just keep on reporting, or does it bug you?

Thanks for all you do, Knight :e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I just uploaded a few Jack photos to FB, but can't figure out how to import them here. I'm using a Sony PMB program that has a share feature, but doesn't have TOL...it has an add sharer function that asks me for the URL and limitations.

Completely over my head at present. Any ideas? I can't right click capture or save as, so I'm stumped. :idunno:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have pretty much given up on reporting posts unless there is foul language or blasphemy involved. The staff have better things to do with their time than sift though a snowstorm of reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.