Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

Mislead? Don't you think they know exacty what is going on? Don't you think they are acting in deception to say they are Christian to get allies from the gullible?

Lucifer and his followers (enemies of Christ) is cunning and subtil, not overt and stupid.

What would be the wrong reason?

For me it's anger. I try to get a grip when someone or something makes my temper flare up. That's when the nasty names pop into my head. I don't think that is fruitful, satisfying, but not fruitful. As you have seen I still get carried away by my temper but am working on it. A reasoned response is a good response. I'm just not capable of it all the time!

rainee

Knight, I may not get POTD'd but I was thinking an avatar with Superman for ya. What'dya think?

No offense Lon but he probably doesn't think that is a great idea.
Do you want to be Superman in you avatar?

But I've seen some great posts of yours - why would that one be thought of as one of them, if I might ask? I know, just tell me not my bizz.

Obviously Knight's weakness is the spacetime continuum and how God works in and out of that. Yes?

Lon

No offense Lon but he probably doesn't think that is a great idea.
Do you want to be Superman in you avatar?

But I've seen some great posts of yours - why would that one be thought of as one of them, if I might ask? I know, just tell me not my bizz.

Obviously Knight's weakness is the spacetime continuum and how God works in and out of that. Yes?
Was all tongue-in-cheek rainee. Maybe I need to work harder on my comic delivery...
...or not post after 10PM

rainee

Was all tongue-in-cheek rainee. Maybe I need to work harder on my comic delivery...
...or not post after 10PM

Ahh, I see. No there is probably nothing wrong with your comic delivery
this is probably a real case of it's me not you. Sorry :eek:

dorothy.neville

king david

king david

Why didn't King David execute his son Amnon for raping his daughter Tamar. And why didn't he the execute Absalom for the avenged murder of Amnon.

some other dude

Dear Knight

There's this guy I know at work who claims to be a Christian, but he has a reputation for unChristian behavior. He's been caught telling lies about me to other people. When I've tried to get him to explain himself, he won't. Lately he tells me that he's forgiven me and wishes I would forgive him, but he won't face up to the false witness he's borne against me. His friends, most of whom are atheists and homosexual-lovers, think I should let it drop.

What do you think?
Would a real Christian act the way he did?
Can true repentance come without facing up to your sin?
Can forgiveness be given to someone who won't acknowledge their sin?
Should I try to correct him?
Or should I shake the dust from my feet and shun him?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Knight

There's this guy I know at work who claims to be a Christian, but he has a reputation for unChristian behavior. He's been caught telling lies about me to other people. When I've tried to get him to explain himself, he won't. Lately he tells me that he's forgiven me and wishes I would forgive him, but he won't face up to the false witness he's borne against me. His friends, most of whom are atheists and homosexual-lovers, think I should let it drop.
Let me guess... he's a lawyer?

What do you think?
Would a real Christian act the way he did?
Possibly. While you can often spot a Christian by their fruit you can't always determine that a person ISN'T a Christian by the fruit. Although, you could always give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are not a Christian.

Can true repentance come without facing up to your sin?
I don't think so.
Can forgiveness be given to someone who won't acknowledge their sin?
No.
Should I try to correct him?
Or should I shake the dust from my feet and shun him?
There comes a point when you can end up doing more harm than good.

There comes a point when all that can be said... has been said. Then it's time to move on or try another strategy.

some other dude

Let me guess... he's a lawyer?

No, this guy pretends to be a biology teacher from Texas. ;)

Possibly. While you can often spot a Christian by their fruit you can't always determine that a person ISN'T a Christian by the fruit. Although, you could always give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are not a Christian.

I don't think so.
No.
There comes a point when you can end up doing more harm than good.

There comes a point when all that can be said... has been said. Then it's time to move on or try another strategy.

Thanks for your sage advice. :thumb:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You forum the last 24 hours has been like a beached whale. Just your site. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.