Attention Non-christians: This Tree's For You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrob57

A kind and generous TOLer gave me a copy of Bob Enyart's seminar called "The Tree" on cassette tape. I think this is a fascinating study, and would be happy to share it with any of the Non-Christians out there. If you are interested, please PM me with your address and I will send it to you. FREE!!!!!

If anyone does indicate that they would like, please do so only if you are really interested in listening to it. Not if you want to burn it or something. K? :)

docrob57

beanieboy said:
I'll pass.
Would you like a book on Buddhism?

I have studied Buddhism, actually. Though it has been a while I admit. But sure, I will take one if you are offering.

docrob57

beanieboy said:
I would be happy to send you one that I have.

What is The Tree about?

It is about the distinction between law and grace. It clears up a lot of things that appear to be contradictory in the New Testament.

docrob57

beanieboy said:
How does The Tree work into that?

Oh, it starts with the account of the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and works his way through the Bible with that. He argues convincingly that the Tree of Life represents grace, while the other represents the law.

Even if you don't beleive it, I think it is an interesting study. But that's just me.

beanieboy

docrob57 said:
Oh, it starts with the account of the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and works his way through the Bible with that. He argues convincingly that the Tree of Life represents grace, while the other represents the law.

Even if you don't beleive it, I think it is an interesting study. But that's just me.

The bible is full of cool comparisons like that - Jesus being sacrificed, with Abraham and Isaac, etc.

beanieboy

One of my favorite Jack Chick comics is about Billy who goes to the neighbor's haunted house on Halloween, and are dropped into their basement, where they are told they are going to spend eternity in hell. Afraid, Billy runs out of the house, and is hit by a car, and really does go to hell, which looks just like his neighbor's basement.

Talk about the trauma those things used to cause me...

There's another with a public school teacher that looks like a witch, with a gargoyle like demon on her shoulder.

You see, Halloween lead children secretly to worship the devil.
And all these years, we thought it was just about candy.
Wait a minute... it is about candy...

Aimiel

beanieboy said:
One of my favorite Jack Chick comics is about Billy who goes to the neighbor's haunted house on Halloween, and are dropped into their basement, where they are told they are going to spend eternity in hell. Afraid, Billy runs out of the house, and is hit by a car, and really does go to hell, which looks just like his neighbor's basement.

It will pale in comparison to the realization of the real thing, should you choose not to repent before your death.
beanieboy said:
There's another with a public school teacher that looks like a witch, with a gargoyle like demon on her shoulder.

Nope, it's designed to desensitize people to the devil and his wiles, and make light of Truth. It makes The Bible into propaganda, and causes people to think that whatever they do is OK. It would seem to be working, for the most part. You've bought it.

Pepper

beanieboy said:

I like the other halloween one, where the devil has a pumpkin head and says "oh look, they're celebrating my birthday!" and then goes on a murder spree.

Oh! Also the one where I learned that all catholics are going to hell.

Those things were highly educational. I'm glad that I was handed these things to read at the age of 5, that's healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.