Battle Hymn for Bush..

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Granite, after leaving Christianity have you still remained a staunch conservative?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by jjjg

Granite, after leaving Christianity have you still remained a staunch conservative?
If you're looking for granite1010, he hasn't been on this thread for a couple of days... :D

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jjjg

Guess who's back?:bannana:

I was never "staunch," I suppose, because some of my views were and still are at odds with traditional conservativism. I favor legalizing pot, for example. I'd characterize myself as a libertarian before and after my break with the faith.

Leaving Christianity hasn't changed much of my political views.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by On Fire
That's what YOU think. That is, if you COULD think.
Atheists do think.

They find it to be more reliable than heeding "feelings" in their hearts.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Triple J, can you have a real discussion, or is fourth grade humor a kind of Canadian past time?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Funny how everyone becomes an expert on Hitler when they disagree with somebody...

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well, it's just a cheap (and usually inappropriate or misinformed) trick. What was it that Orwell said? That "fascist" had lost its meaning because it was only used to describe somebody the speaker was at odds with, or something along those lines.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Agreed.

I've been called a "fascist" by everyone from Enyartians, who are essentially despotic monarchists, to yellow dog democrats of my aquaintance.

I'm essentially a Libertarian in my views of the appropriate role of government - the less government that exists the more liberty the people have to govern themselves.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zakath

Agreed.

I've been called a "fascist" by everyone from Enyartians, who are essentially despotic monarchists, to yellow dog democrats of my aquaintance.

I'm essentially a Libertarian in my views of the appropriate role of government - the less government that exists the more liberty the people have to govern themselves.

Ditto.

On Fire

Originally posted by Gerald

Just because you espouse an ideology that only benefits you after you're dead is no reason to cry...

:chuckle:

Showing your ignorance again, eh?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 & Zakath,

What "Enyartian(s)" ever called either of you a fascist?

Just curious.

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Turbo

Gerald & Zakath,

What "Enyartian(s)" ever called either of you a fascist?
I seem to recall that appelation being thrown my way during one of the innumberable discussions of Enyart's proposed government... I am blanking on who the name caller(s) was (or were)... I'm sure that if someone were interested they could somehow electronically comb through the half million or so posts (or however many have survived the periodic cleanups) to find out. :geek:

I'm certainly not interested enough to spend the time at this point. :yawn:

Just curious.
Sure you are... ;)