Battle Hymn for Bush..

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zakath

I seem to recall that appelation being thrown my way during one of the innumberable discussions of Enyart's proposed government... I am blanking on who the name caller(s) was (or were)... I'm sure that if someone were interested they could somehow electronically comb through the half million or so posts (or however many have survived the periodic cleanups) to find out. :geek:
That must have been a few years ago, before I was active here.

granite1010 hasn't been around as long. Maybe his memory is fresher.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo

Maybe you were thinking of this post. :)

Actually we were talking about Zakath being smeared. In this case the phrase fits Clete, Enyart, and other little Thought Police wannabe stone throwers.

Remember what the context was of the post, by the way. Deuteronomy 25:11-12. Charming little case law.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Enyart believes a dictatorship is better than a democracy and even if the monarch rapes and pillages his subjects, at least he upholds laws to keep his subjects in palce.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Even if he was a dictator, at least David wasn't a philandering outlaw bandit murderer. Not like the love of his life was a man, or anything. And remember, he wasn't responsible for the death of 70,000 Israelities, either. I mean, David wasn't the kind of guy to keep his peace after his sons went wacky and started, you know, raping their sisters. And he didn't break vows on his death bed and make sure his successor killed an enemy of his, either.

How could you not like this guy?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Hey, you were describing the "man after God's own heart", after all... :chuckle:

Look at David and you'll see the heart of the Judeo-Christian deity... :think:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
"Look at David and you'll see the heart of the Judeo-Christian deity... "

Oh, isn't that just precious!?

LOL LOL LOL Please excuse me. I thought you had some knowledge of the Bible. Looks like I was misled. By you, perhaps?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't think Zak or I have said anything about David that's untrue...

Pesky, those troubling facts about the heroes of scripture.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
OK Frankie,

Please point out the error in granite's and my points.

I'm always willing to learn something from someone so wise... ;)

Art Deco

Originally posted by granite1010

Even if he was a dictator, at least David wasn't a philandering outlaw bandit murderer.
Was this before or after God rejected King Saul and and God sent Samuel to anoint David, King of Israel?

This lie presented by Granite 1010
Not like the love of his life was a man, or anything.
Only Christophobes and homos give any credence to this falsehood.

Posted by Granite1010:
And remember, he wasn't responsible for the death of 70,000 Israelities, either.
First Chronicles 21:1 Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel.

Posted by Granite1010:
I mean, David wasn't the kind of guy to keep his peace after his sons went wacky and started, you know, raping their sisters.
I'm sure David insisted that his son ravage his daughter...:rolleyes:

Another lie posted by Granite1010:
And he didn't break vows on his death bed and make sure his successor killed an enemy of his, either.
King Solomon told Shimei to build a house in Jerusalem and stay there. In addition Solomon said, "The day you leave, your blood will be on your head." He left and was executed by King Solomon.

Posted by Granite1010:
How could you not like this guy?
You mock God in your ignorance. :angel:

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps aristocracy was just a phase we had to go through to develop a fuller government by and for the people. Our government is not perfect but is always evolving.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Zak -- Too Cutesy

Zak -- Too Cutesy

"I'm always willing to learn something from someone so wise... "

Appealing to ego are we, Dr. Phil ... er... Zak?

But hey! If you're really willing to learn, then open your Bible (if you have one) and start studying. (I realize there's no chance of that, since you and the other so-called intellectuals have credentials to protect.)

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
"I don't think Zak or I have said anything about David that's untrue..."

Well, that's a fairly ignorant statement, if true.

"Pesky, those troubling facts about the heroes of scripture. "

I have not seen facts bother either one of you. LOL LOL LOL

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Re: Zak -- Too Cutesy

Re: Zak -- Too Cutesy

Originally posted by Frank Ernest

"I'm always willing to learn something from someone so wise... "

Appealing to ego are we, Dr. Phil ... er... Zak?
No, actually I was stooping to sarcasm; hence the use of the winking smilie at the end of that line of text in my original post.

But I see the point appears to have eluded you; demonstrating my point about your "wisdom" once again. :chuckle:

But hey! If you're really willing to learn, then open your Bible (if you have one) and start studying. (I realize there's no chance of that, since you and the other so-called intellectuals have credentials to protect.)
Been there done that, have all but six credits for a masters in theology as evidence...

I gave up pursuing the degree when I learned how to get past my presuppositional biases. :D