Bob proud of lynchings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by 4 A.M. Prayer
IWay, Knight, etc.

jhodgeii continues to voice legitimate concerns...
Such as?????

You continue...
The whole Enyart ministry seems insensitive to anyone of color.
How so? The image is NOT A BLACK MAN BEING LYNCHED YOU IGNORAMUS! I mean really..... how stupid are you?

The image bears no resemblance to a racist lynching.

You continue....
Why not just admit that, while not racist , you are incapable of dealing with this issue and stop the "you're wrong, we're right, we've tried to help you, you just don't understand" crapola..
Did it ever occur to you that jhodgeii might not even a Bob Enyart fan and might not even a black man? I can't imagine any honest fan simply not saying.... "Oh thanks for the clarification" or maybe calling Bob himself to get further clarification.

But to you 4 AM prayer....... EVERYONE is a racist!

Forget the facts, forget the testimony..... every white guy is a racist.

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
I guess 4 am just will not consider what is really going on.
... unless you know the following two things for certain, (that’s two with a “T”)

it was an unjust lynching,

and

you know that Bob was promoting such a terrible thing,

then you (or ANYONE, even people of COLOR) have no reason to believe your false concern that it is supporting an unjust execution, which is obviously “murder”, and also smacks of some of the worlds worst sorts of racism and wickedness.

Again,

Two things, (1) you know that it was an unjust lynching AND (2) the video promoted it favorably.

We all know that these two things are not true, and so we also know your complaint is also false.
Are you going to continue to run away from this issue in favor of the self inflicted pain of unnecessary grief and strife to divide the brethren?

If you aren’t being purposefully subversive, then respond to the two points that remain against your view. No one likes a whiner, especially one that willfully ignores the truth of the matter.

1Way

Knight - People can get so stuck into themselves that they can't see the writing on the wall if their life depended on it. Say, I just got that exact tape today(!!!!!!), I'll be interested to see this terrible clip and how it may carelessly promotes monstrous wickedness, and damage a viewers feelings and sensibilities.

Three vids and three audio albums, a hat and an article pack. But wait, what if I am not sure what sort of execution is going on in that clip? There does seem to be some uncertainty about the issue you know. Perhaps if that clip is not crystal clear to me, then it may cause me to loose touch of what is right and wrong, I might just imagine all sorts of wicked things are being promoted. Hmmm,,, I don’t know. Maybe I should not watch the video, that “person of color”, and that white prayer guy thinks it may cause some to become unnecessarily offended and create pain and division. Wow, what to do. (?)

1Way

Ok, so for these two posters who were opposing the photo,

for them it would be wrong
  • for a white racist to treat blacks with unjust negative prejudice,

but
  • it’s ok for them to foster and promote an unjust negative judgment against a white man based on nothing clearly morally wrong.
Again, if the argument is all about some symbolism possibly offending someone, then you would have to throw out the bible, it is jam packed with substantial and terribly offensive material that would make Bob’s photo look like a powder puff piece.

N

naima

Originally posted by Knight

You continue...How so? The image is NOT A BLACK MAN BEING LYNCHED YOU IGNORAMUS! I mean really..... how stupid are you? I THINK ENYART'S BLACK SUPPORTER REALIZES THIS, BUT THAT DIDN'T APPEAR TO BE HIS ISSUE. AS TO YOUR NAME-CALLING YOUNGSTER, I AM REMINDED OF 'FREAK'S' COMMENT LAST WEEK ABOUT BEING LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT WHEN ONE SPEAKS

The image bears no resemblance to a racist lynching.

You continue....Did it ever occur to you that jhodgeii might not even a Bob Enyart fan and might not even a black man? I can't imagine any honest fan simply not saying.... "Oh thanks for the clarification" or maybe calling Bob himself to get further clarification.
WELL IF THIS WERE THE CASE HE WOULD BE AN ANNOYING BUSYBODY TO ALL OF US THEN WOULDN'T HE?

But to you 4 AM prayer....... EVERYONE is a racist!
WERE DID I EVER POST ANYTHING INDICATING THIS? PLEASE SHOW ME.

Forget the facts, forget the testimony..... every white guy is a racist.
SEE MY PREVIOUS COMMENT.
HOWEVER, I WILL SAY THAT ANY WHITE PERSON AND I MEAN ANY WHITE PERSON, THAT RESPONDS TO ANY REFERENCE TO THE BLACK EXPO WITH SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF, "OH YEAH, HOW COME THEY DON'T HAVE NO WHITE EXPO?" IS RACIALLY INSENSITIVE AT BEST AND A BIGOT AT THE WORST.

AL SHARPTON, JESSIE JACKSON, MARION BERRY FOR THE MOST PART TOTALLY ANNOY ME. RAP MUSIC ANNOYS ME. OPPORTUNISTIC BLACKS WHO SHAMELESSLY PLAY THE "RACE CARD" FOR PERSONAL GAIN SICKEN ME AS WELL AS DO OTHER ISSUES.
BUT I AM EQUALLY ANNOYED BY A MINISTRY THAT, WHILE ON THE SURFACE CARRIES A POTENTIALLY POSITIVE MESSAGE OF UN-WATERED DOWN FAITH AND COMMITTMENT TO A LITERAL UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORD OF GOD, YET IS POLITICALLY AND SOCIALLY TIED TO SOME NEO-DAVID DUKE, FRED PHELPS MINDSET.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by naima AL SHARPTON, JESSIE JACKSON, MARION BERRY FOR THE MOST PART TOTALLY ANNOY ME.
Me too. Stupid politicians tend to annoy most intelligent people, regardless of the person's racial background.

RAP MUSIC ANNOYS ME.
Ditto.

OPPORTUNISTIC BLACKS WHO SHAMELESSLY PLAY THE "RACE CARD" FOR PERSONAL GAIN SICKEN ME AS WELL...
Double ditto; used to work for one. It was very unpleasant to hear her demean her employees' work when she assured us in staff meetings that the "only reason we got this work was because I'm a black woman."

N

naima

Originally posted by Knight
naima, please do not post in all caps.

Also...
http://www.theologyonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=6851

I'm sorry Knight; I'm not very computer literate and when responding to a post containing multiple quotes, I'm sort of out of my league.

Friendship week = Good thing

My wife and I in our morning prayers this A.M. (4 A.M. Prayer(s)....LOL) spoke to God of a new beginning and a recommitment to Him. :up:

1Way

Can anyone upack this quote from naima for me please?
AL SHARPTON, JESSIE JACKSON, MARION BERRY FOR THE MOST PART TOTALLY ANNOY ME. RAP MUSIC ANNOYS ME. OPPORTUNISTIC BLACKS WHO SHAMELESSLY PLAY THE "RACE CARD" FOR PERSONAL GAIN SICKEN ME AS WELL AS DO OTHER ISSUES.
BUT I AM EQUALLY ANNOYED BY A MINISTRY THAT, WHILE ON THE SURFACE CARRIES A POTENTIALLY POSITIVE MESSAGE OF UN-WATERED DOWN FAITH AND COMMITTMENT TO A LITERAL UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORD OF GOD, YET IS POLITICALLY AND SOCIALLY TIED TO SOME NEO-DAVID DUKE, FRED PHELPS MINDSET.
?

4 A.M. Prayer

1 Way...

1 Way...

...I mentioned my disgust with many black leaders/issues because a few of the TOL'ers have accused me of labeling virtually anyone of the Enyart/Denver/South Bend/etc... group as racist. I've never said that; I have called many of you racially insensitive and will continue to do so if you continue to respond with an obvious arrogance when called out on your views.

As to unpacking the portion of the quote you underlined;

..."politically and socially tied to some neo-David Duke, Fred Phelps mindset"...

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding what I've heard.

You are against affirmative action in EVERY form; not simply restrictions/amendments on existing laws (as I am too, in some cases), but a black should get NO helping hand?; I have heard the lot of you call ANY semblance of AA as blatant racism!
Up until 40 or 50 years ago, 99% of blacks were unable to get into political arenas, movie roles, professional sports, positions in business, or even blue collar work, etc, etc... unless they were carrying a pail of water and a mop!!! Are conditions improving? Absolutely! Is there a total level playing field? You answer the question. Many of the TOL crowd remind me of the folks out there that say the Jewish tortures of the 30's and 40's were either non-existent or overrated.

Black Expo? I repeat what I said earlier that ANYONE that responds to this event with something like: "yeah, well where's the White Expo?" is racially insensitive at best and a bigot at worst. Oktoberfest celebrates German heritage; Greekfest celebrates Greek food, culture, etc... Italianfest? same thing, St. Patrick's Day, Irish heritage. I can't count the number of black folks I've seen at the above events enjoying themselves AND I've enjoyed myself at EVERY Black Expo I've attended and was ALWAYS made to feel at ease and at home by the hosts.

The United Negro College Fund? About a year ago some TOL'er here called this "racist". What? You folks are as knee jerk on this
'racist' tag as your bleeding heart opponents. For one thing, how old is the UNCF? Over a hundred years? I don't know about you, but I prefer my country to have some cultural heritage that is older than, say, Mickey Mouse! I personally know some white folks that have gotten assistance through the UNCF and count Howard Univ., among others, as their alma mater.

TOL allows (even seems to encourage) the use of "homo", "faggot" in reference to homosexuals. Fred Phelps pickets funerals, shouting insults/platitudes at the bereaved. I've asked several TOL'ers to comment on Phelps but for two years now I've gotten nothing. (please don't give me the continuing TOL mantra that to not go up to their face and call them "faggot" is to not show them your love crapola.) As part of a journalism class I took at IUPUI several years ago, I attended a Klan rally in Crawfordsville, IN. I didn't hear the "N" word, not even the anti-Jew, Mary-worshiper, dialogue (tho I've heard some of the latter here at TOL). Rather, it was a steady diet of homo lover, faggot talk that dominated most of the hour and a half that I spent listening.

Again repeating, Doug McBirney mocked in some disgusting jive parody voice last year, a black inmate spouting off (wrongly I might add and I agree with the criticism) about him not getting his judicial just due. Many who may have tuned in for the first time would have dubbed McBirney a racist on the spot!

Have I "unpacked" the quote?

I particularly enjoy Carl Smuda's posts here at TOL as I consider him a "man after God's own heart"

Christian men/writers who I personally look up to/read and admire:
George MacDonald, Andrew Murray, Sundar Singh, C.S. Lewis.

May God guide our hearts and minds and help us to make wise decisions... :)

1Way

4 am prayer – What? Are you naima? I’m 1Way and I don’t use multiple handles to help me avoid posts that I’d rather not be confronted with. I appreciate your response, but I depreciate that you avoided several earlier. Please respond to my 2 posts.

First post.
I guess 4 am just will not consider what is really going on.
... unless you know the following two things for certain, (that’s two with a “T”)

it was an unjust lynching,

and

you know that Bob was promoting such a terrible thing,

then you (or ANYONE, even people of COLOR) have no reason to believe your false concern that it is supporting an unjust execution, which is obviously “murder”, and also smacks of some of the worlds worst sorts of racism and wickedness.

Again,

Two things, (1) you know that it was an unjust lynching AND (2) the video promoted it favorably.

We all know that these two things are not true, and so we also know your complaint is also false.
Are you going to continue to run away from this issue in favor of the self inflicted pain of unnecessary grief and strife to divide the brethren?

If you aren’t being purposefully subversive, then respond to the two points that remain against your view. No one likes a whiner, especially one that willfully ignores the truth of the matter.
Second post.
Ok, so for these two posters who were opposing the photo,

for them it would be wrong
  • for a white racist to treat blacks with unjust negative prejudice,

but
  • it’s ok for them to foster and promote an unjust negative prejudicial judgment against a white man based on nothing clearly morally wrong.
Again, if the argument is all about something possibly offending someone, then you would have to throw out the bible, as it is jam packed with substantial and terribly offensive material that would make Bob’s photo look like a powder puff piece.
The charge of “racial insensitivity” is against you in the form of an “unjust negative prejudicial judgment” as mentioned and demonstrated by your objecting and opposing BEL for the hanging scene in BEL’s God and the death penalty video for no good reason, unless of course you are able to reasonably demonstrate that the hanging was illegal or immoral and that BEL promoted it favorably.

continued next post.

1Way

Well, actually I would less likely hold racial insensitivity against you two, because of your lack of thinking through these issues, ignorance seems more likely, that is to say, I hope that is the case.

As to comparing people with people like Phelps and all that, you should be less confusing by just asking direct questions. Like is it wrong to protest and hurl insults as a Christian at a funeral for example. As to calling homo’s, homo’s, and trying to re-stigmatize the filthy behavior back into the destructive wretchedness that it is, God’s word teaches us that if they claim to be brethren, then “they” are unrighteous, sexually immoral, evil people, and are unfit for personal acceptance as dogs and swine, we shouldn’t even eat with them if they are not repentant.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner----not even to eat with such a person. ... 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

And, if they are not a believer, then their sin of homosexuality is still great wickedness.

Romans 1:27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness,
covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;
32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

So I'd rather not try to be nicer than God and love them enough to warn them of the evil destructive path they are taking and how their behavior has turned themselves into evil people deserving of contempt and reproach. A man is good or evil depending upon the condition of the treasures of his heart, saved and unsaved alike can fit into each category. Example King David was an evil person, guilty of murder and adultery, yet because he repented, he was a man after God’s heart.

Luke 6:45 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Romans 12:9 [Let] love [be] without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

I have to wonder if you and smuda (and the like) have hypocritical love if you don’t abhor that which is evil. Don’t be nicer than God, abhor evil people and respect good people.

4 A.M. Prayer

"4 am prayer – What? Are you naima? I’m 1Way and I don’t use multiple handles to help me avoid posts that I’d rather not be confronted with."

Nor do I; You see I'm not much of a computer whiz (nor do I want to be) and when I initially tried to post from another location, I couldn't so I am 4AMPrayer at home and naima at work.

As to your two questions, I think I mentioned that I had not seen the video; I was only responding to the black Christian's comments. Many of the Enyart-ites seemed to immediately assure him that what he saw wasn't the case. I think he agreed with you from the start, his concern was one of an apparent "image'' of a lynching, an image that might get in the way of witness to his black friends.
Was it an unjust lynching? I don't know, I didn't see the video; I don't think our black friend believes it was either but that didn't seem to be his point.
Was it promoted favorably? See Above.

I've already point blank asked about TOL's view of Phelps in the past. Why should I ask it again when I never got a response the first time.

Other than the above, you didn't reply to any of my reasons for calling your ministry what I did; well, you did tell me why you will continue to call gays & lesbians homos and faggots.

I won't respond to this anymore; I should have let you folks fall all over each other defending the video.

"Nicer than God?" How about "Meaner than God?"
Better yet, how about the true Christian "Truth" lies somewhere in between the above and neither of us has it totally correct?

IMHO Carl Smuda seems much closer to our Lord than I am at this point in my life so don't insult him by placing him on my level. Have you even read any of his posts IWay?

I am thankful that as long as this TOL based ministry/mindset remains a 99% white, uncompromising hard, hard, right wing group, your numbers can only remain stable, at best.

I'll still keep many of you in my prayers and I hope you will do the same. :)

1Way

4AMPrayer – As to
Nor do I; You see I'm not much of a computer whiz (nor do I want to be) and when I initially tried to post from another location, I couldn't so I am 4AMPrayer at home and naima at work.
Typing in all caps, logging on with a different handle, signing or greeting your posts including both handles, , , all that is supposed to fit under the title of not being a computer whiz, and not wanting to be one? Please, give yourself a brake, you could easily learn to correct these issues, one of them at the press of a single keyboard key, the other by simply signing off your posts with both handles.

As to
"Nicer than God?" How about "Meaner than God?"
Better yet, how about the true Christian "Truth" lies somewhere in between the above and neither of us has it totally correct?
The two you mentioned are both meaner than God, no one can be nicer than God, they just try to be. The truth is that we should not try to be nicer than God, no one is advocating being meaner than God, so that is a mute point.

As to
IMHO Carl Smuda seems much closer to our Lord than I am at this point in my life so don't insult him by placing him on my level. Have you even read any of his posts IWay?
I’ve been around for some time, and yes, I think I have read some of Smuda’s posts. On the other hand, I have read perhaps hundreds of different posters, and I have read or scanned literally thousands of posts, and have posted at least several million words here at TOL since 97. I give little recognition to those who don’t demonstrate themselves as right dividers of God’s word. So far Mr. Smuda has not impressed me, and if he was one of those defending the Koran, then I am rather opposed to him.

As to
I am thankful that as long as this TOL based ministry/mindset remains a 99% white, uncompromising hard, hard, right wing group, your numbers can only remain stable, at best.
Your racial prejudice is not only gross, it’s also your personal problem in life, and is probably holding you back from right relations with God and your fellow man no matter what color or race they may be. As to being a right winged group, God is a right winger, He is concerned with righteousness and being on the right side of any issue. And as far as being conservative goes, God is the ultimate conservative, He only sticks to His word, and the best Christian followers humbly stick as close to His word as humanly possible. Liberals take more liberty in estimating how we should live our life of faith in God. So being a conservative right winger is a good and Godly thing, and that being popular or not makes no difference at all. Most people are not very conservative and righteousness concerned, so we narrow-minded folk are happy to remain an elite minority, while the masses herd themselves away from maturing in a close walk with God.

As to the heart of your response to me, you said.
As to your two questions, I think I mentioned that I had not seen the video; I was only responding to the black Christian's comments. Many of the Enyart-ites seemed to immediately assure him that what he saw wasn't the case. I think he agreed with you from the start, his concern was one of an apparent "image'' of a lynching, an image that might get in the way of witness to his black friends.
Was it an unjust lynching? I don't know, I didn't see the video; I don't think our black friend believes it was either but that didn't seem to be his point.
Was it promoted favorably? See Above.
So as to question number one, you don’t know that it was an illegal or immoral execution, which would be a murder, so the answer is “no”.

and question number two, since no one knows that it was a murder, promoting such a thing is beyond question, you can’t promote what is not there, so the answer again is “no”.

That Bob may be viewed (mistakenly or not) as promoting an illegal and terribly immoral execution is exactly the point. My point is that unless you can clearly answer yes to both questions, then there is no valid objection to the depiction. As I have said over and over again, if you are simply worried about someone taking offense because they might mistake the image/message for something else objectionable, then you would have to throw out the Bible just for starters, all graphic depictions of the holocaust, even if the entire video condemns the holocaust, same with all depictions of racist lynchings, even if the entire video harshly condemned all such terrible murders. We couldn’t hardly watch the evening news because you’d have to delete all graphics of murders and thefts and violent crimes, and all other such things, because it perchance might cause someone somewhere to be reminded of some offensive event and cause that person to become suspicious of the intent of the depiction, even if every other shred of context is diametrically opposed to immoral activity, or was simply reporting that such an event did indeed occur.

So now the question is, since the Bible would make the picture in Bob’s video look like a girl scout meeting, do you object to promoting the bible since it might perchance remind someone of some offensive thing and thereby cause them a bad vibe and raise suspicions and objections?

Do you think that different people of different races can effectively deal with matters of right and wrong fully regardless of what color or race or ethnicity they are? If so, then stop playing the race card and simply deal with the morality involved. It’s ok to reference racial issues, but not as though highlighting a person’s race wins a point somehow. Put in another way, do you think that morality is different for different races? If so then either you are not a strong Christian, or you are a racist. According to the bible I read, all humans deserve to be treated properly utterly regardless of race and skin color.

As to
Other than the above, you didn't reply to any of my reasons for calling your ministry what I did; well, you did tell me why you will continue to call gays & lesbians homos and faggots.
I don’t like stepping ahead of the conversation, nor going off on rabbit trails. I have VERY little free time, so I am selective as to what I will spend my time on.

4 A.M. Prayer

Originally posted by 1Way
4AMPrayer – As to Typing in all caps, logging on with a different handle, signing or greeting your posts including both handles, , , all that is supposed to fit under the title of not being a computer whiz, and not wanting to be one? Please, give yourself a brake, you could easily learn to correct these issues, one of them at the press of a single keyboard key, the other by simply signing off your posts with both handles.

Thank you 1Way, despite what I continue to post, I appreciate your help but my wife and myself's computer time is sporatic and we would rather one on one with folks and not get caught up in what seems to have both, Christians and non-Christians, by the throat, computer time!

As to The two you mentioned are both meaner than God, no one can be nicer than God, they just try to be. The truth is that we should not try to be nicer than God, no one is advocating being meaner than God, so that is a mute point.

But you and so many in the Enyart ministry are trying to be just that my friend, that is my point and the point of so many others.

As to I’ve been around for some time, and yes, I think I have read some of Smuda’s posts. On the other hand, I have read perhaps hundreds of different posters, and I have read or scanned literally thousands of posts, and have posted at least several million words here at TOL since 97. I give little recognition to those who don’t demonstrate themselves as right dividers of God’s word. So far Mr. Smuda has not impressed me, and if he was one of those defending the Koran, then I am rather opposed to him.

Thanks for the history lesson Enyart-disciple.

"...if he was one of those defending the Koran, then I am rather opposed to him..."

1Way, we can never know the truth of folks over this silly medium of a computer, but Carl seems totally wedded to our Lord and Savior and would never "defend" the Koran. He would, IMO, lay out an olive branch to enable us ALL to find Christ in our lives.

Didn't you say you have been posting here since "97"?

As to Your racial prejudice is not only gross, it’s also your personal problem in life

Do we know each other 1Way? I stand by the fact that the overwhelming majority of the Enyart ministry is racially insensitive
and that is MY problem?, MY prejudice? Your whole ministry reeks of alcoholics in denial, (why am I posting here??)

God is a right winger

How hard can we laugh here my, I'm thinking, sincere friend.
Suggestion: read C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity"

And as far as being conservative goes, God is the ultimate conservative

(see above)

So being a conservative right winger is a good and Godly thing

(see above again, my goodness, can you not separate our Christian walk with our Lord and Savior with this social and political "brain rot" that your impressionistic" mind and Enyart ministry has paid dues on lock stock and barrel!!!!!!)

As to the heart of your response to me, you said. So as to question number one, you don’t know that it was an illegal or immoral execution, which would be a murder, so the answer is “no”.
and question number two, since no one knows that it was a murder, promoting such a thing is beyond question, you can’t promote what is not there, so the answer again is “no”.

OK, yeah, I guess; this is obviously some attempt to continue to "expose" the black poster as a fraud or some "ignorant" that just doesn't see the "truth"...OK, game over, "good guys" win, we should have understood your point all along.

That Bob may be viewed (mistakenly or not) as promoting an illegal and terribly immoral execution is exactly the point. My point is that unless you can clearly answer yes to both questions, then there is no valid objection to the depiction. As I have said over and over again, if you are simply worried about someone taking offense because they might mistake the image/message for something else objectionable, then you would have to throw out the Bible just for starters, all graphic depictions of the holocaust, even if the entire video condemns the holocaust, same with all depictions of racist lynchings, even if the entire video harshly condemned all such terrible murders. We couldn’t hardly watch the evening news because you’d have to delete all graphics of murders and thefts and violent crimes, and all other such things, because it perchance might cause someone somewhere to be reminded of some offensive event and cause that person to become suspicious of the intent of the depiction, even if every other shred of context is diametrically opposed to immoral activity, or was simply reporting that such an event did indeed occur.

The whole TOL website would appear to be racially insensitive to many readers, Christians, non-Christians; my own 75 year old mother who is so thirsting after our Lord's gift of Salvation that she can't leave it out of ANY conversation; she has read the Enyart-mantra and finds, not the Christian search but the TOL mindset apart from the truth (not Christian seekers, but the right wing horse poo)
WHY ARE YOU GUYS IN SUCH DENIAL?

So now the question is, since the Bible would make the picture in Bob’s video look like a girl scout meeting, do you object to promoting the bible since it might perchance remind someone of some offensive thing and thereby cause them a bad vibe and raise suspicions and objections?

Do you think that different people of different races can effectively deal with matters of right and wrong fully regardless of what color or race or ethnicity they are? If so, then stop playing the race card and simply deal with the morality involved. It’s ok to reference racial issues, but not as though highlighting a person’s race wins a point somehow. Put in another way, do you think that morality is different for different races? If so then either you are not a strong Christian, or you are a racist. According to the bible I read, all humans deserve to be treated properly utterly regardless of race and skin color.

Since you just suggested that I am a racist then (after two glasses of wine after dinner, my apologies) the whole Enyart ministry is "semi-racist" (should I pat myself on the back, I called your ministry "semi-racist"). Read my earlier posts, the TOL'ers are good at spinning the issue. You've never responded. There is no reason for us to continue; I've been wasting quality time with my divorced brother who needs my help. I hate left wing morons, but I equally hate the TOL Enyart-brainwashed morons that equate our eternity and salvation with some right wing 'white is right' mindset.

As to I don’t like stepping ahead of the conversation, nor going off on rabbit trails. I have VERY little free time, so I am selective as to what I will spend my time on.

Palto

This has been an interesting dialog. The point was brought up that a photograph depicting a man being hung could be misinterpreted in a negative fashion. This concern appears to be overwhelmingly denounced as wrong. Wouldn't this equate to not causing another to stumble? I may be mistaken, but is the photograph crucial to the message in the tape? If not, perhaps as was mentioned, a simple caption clarification would suffice. As is, concern has been raised that using the tape to witness to others may be hampered just because of an unnecessary visual. In his particular case, the situation could be remedied if he knew the specifics of the photograph so that he could share its origin with those he shares the tape, but obviously this will not be an isolated incident. The fact that alteration of the photograph would not change or even water down the message on the tape makes the observation of concern legitimate. If nothing is done it may be an opportunity lost in witnessing. I don't believe that we should do things just because we can do them even though it does not glorify GOD.

Palto

4 A.M. Prayer

The Enyart ministry is racially insenstive. period.
You continue to dodge questions, period.

Your ministry has, at least, some semblance of legitimacy,
The: "watered down Christian message is a JOKE!"

I couldn't agree more.

I truely want to give your campfire some credit, but, as I have said a hundred times, you guys and gals sound like some neo-Klan horse poo on EVERY issue you comment on.

Take your right wing moronic CRAP, bury it, and lets forge a new millinieium Christian message. Is that too much to ask?

Goose

4am,

You're one of the biggest spouters of disinformation and hypocrisy on this forum. You need to look in the mirror and check yourself.

1Way

• 4 A.M. Prayer –

1. As to myself repeatedly raising the same issue and question without a response, here was your last supposed effort . . .

(1Way)

(4 A.M. Prayer)
      Since you just suggested that I am a racist then (after two glasses of wine after dinner, my apologies) the whole Enyart ministry is "semi-racist" (should I pat myself on the back, I called your ministry "semi-racist"). Read my earlier posts, the TOL'ers are good at spinning the issue. You've never responded. There is no reason for us to continue; I've been wasting quality time with my divorced brother who needs my help. I hate left wing morons, but I equally hate the TOL Enyart-brainwashed morons that equate our eternity and salvation with some right wing 'white is right' mindset.
      All that in order to NOT respond to the question ! ? !

Here it is again with larger text for hopes of a thoughtful answer to the question.
      [size=3.5]So now the question is, since the Bible would make the picture in Bob’s video look like a girl scout meeting, do you object to promoting the bible since it might perchance remind someone of some offensive thing and thereby cause them a bad vibe and raise suspicions and objections?[/size]
      The portion of text that needs a response has been reformatted. However, due to so much demonstrated SPA (= Selective and Prejudiced Attention), here it is again with even stronger formatting.

2. As to so much of your perverted judgments, such as the following . . .
      I hate left wing morons, but I equally hate the TOL Enyart-brainwashed morons that equate our eternity and salvation with some right wing 'white is right' mindset.
      You constantly make such prejudiced racist false accusations against us, and then you seem to argue just as constantly that you should not be racially prejudiced. I hope you realize that hypocrisy is a sin.[/list=1]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.