Bob proud of lynchings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhodgeiii

Originally posted by Knight
I think I have taken this as far (even further) than I care to.
Very well, Knight. I see how far your love for the brethren of color goes. I'll just make life simpler and just not distribute the tape.

It's too bad since this tape, which I'd like to purchase more of, is one way Bob's ministry gets supported.

For the record, my email to Bob went unreplied.

Freak

Our brother makes a good point:

Actually, I did give the scene the benefit of the doubt, knowing Bob's nature. It's upsetting, however, that a tape so well done had to be marred with an ambiguous ending scene reminding us blacks of an unjust, painful history. Perhaps if blacks were the majority and years ago whites were unrighteously hung from trees among smiling blacks you would understand.

Bob could be senstive to this and for the sake of the gospel simply remove this particular scene in question. jhodgeiii, is a supporter of Bob's ministry and seems to genuinely be concerned about this one part of the video. Why doesn't Bob just remove that one part so his African-American Christian brothers don't stumble.

4 A.M. Prayer

I just talked to Bob. Bob said the picture is of a white man being hung in a public execution in the mid-west some time around the late 1800's.

I guess we were all mistaken but none of the KGOV'ers seems concerned that a black brother in Christ Jesus has an issue here.
:rolleyes:

the whole Enyart ministry and especially his followers repeatedly give off an almost neo-Klan mindset and yet they go to such lengths to deny, what at least appears to be the case.
I went to a Klan rally in Crawfordsville, IN as part of a graduate program study several years ago. They didn't drop the "N' word as I had thought; rather it was "faggot", "homos", affirmative action in all its forms is destroying the white man, these "hairy legged" women need to get back in the home and raise 'chillin', etc, etc, it was like Klan lite politically correct which is how I see the whole Enyart ministry based on Bob and Doug's shows and the comments of folks on board here.
If you have a defense, we are all willing to listen and I will say that perhaps I should get the log out of my own eye before I criticize others but your self-righteous 'hatred' is wearing thin with me.

A gay lifestyle a sin? I believe it is, like so many other sins.
Too many Christians have a watered down "faith"? Couldn't agree more!

Bottom line? Our black brother has an issue and the whole insensitive lot of you are blowing off his concern because you guys/gals are so caught up you're confusing a walk with our Lord with rationalizing your unique "ministry".

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by jhodgeiii

Very well, Knight. I see how far your love for the brethren of color goes. I'll just make life simpler and just not distribute the tape.

It's too bad since this tape, which I'd like to purchase more of, is one way Bob's ministry gets supported.

For the record, my email to Bob went unreplied.
You have got to be kidding me!!!!

This thread blows my mind.

The responses given to you to this point more than answer EVERY single concern you have raised, I even went to the trouble to call Bob myself and ask him the question for you (which you could have done long ago). What more do you want me to do? The picture is not of a black man being lynched by racists! What else needs to be said???

Do you not believe what Bob told me about the image?

It seems to me you are bound and determined to make an issue out of a non issue.

If I had raised a similar concern and then later found out I was mistaken I would just say...."cool, thanks for letting me know, I am relieved".

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by 4 A.M. Prayer
Bottom line? Our black brother has an issue and the whole insensitive lot of you are blowing off his concern because you guys/gals are so caught up you're confusing a walk with our Lord with rationalizing your unique "ministry".
Blowing off his concern???

Are you serious?

Has reality slipped past you gentlemen?

Three or four different people responded to his concern and then I actually called Bob myself and asked Bob about the question for jhodgeiii. If that constitutes "blowing him off" I am not sure I understand your definition of "blowing somebody off".

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Blowing off his concern???

Are you serious?

Has reality slipped past you gentlemen?

Three or four different people responded to his concern and then I actually called Bob myself and asked Bob about the question for jhodgeiii. If that constitutes "blowing him off" I am not sure I understand your definition of "blowing somebody off".
Exactly. A false accusation of racism is just as sinful as racism itself.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Jefferson
I don't mind the original question. I am sure it was a legitimate concern. However, at this point I think its pretty clear the image was not an image of a racially motivated murder.

Therefore, I am not sure why some are insisting on pressing the issue.

Goose

The cry of racism is a disease. It's counter-productive. I've known Knight for a little over a year, and I've never heard him say anything even remotely racist.

jhodgeiii

I don't mind the original question. I am sure it was a legitimate concern. However, at this point I think its pretty clear the image was not an image of a racially motivated murder.
The problem is that it will NOT be clear to those I would like to send the tape to!

This is too frustrating. If you guys weren't so blinded by your arrogance and defensiveness, you would have understood my main purpose for bringing the post up by now.

Look, it would have helped if a simple caption was used beneath the hanging photo telling what was happening. Something like, "1845 Public Hanging of rapist Jack Smiley, Hampton Courthouse." Just this alone would strip the ambiguity of the scene.

Maybe you whites don't need this, but we blacks are very sensitive to lynchings. The blacks I want to send this tape to don't know Bob Enyart. I'm telling you that even with the previous content of the tape, once most blacks see that last photo, the hurtful memories will fly and they will overshadow Bob's entire message. Believe me; I know this having lived in black communities all my life. Racial issues make us stumble really bad. To think how great a tool this could have been to black Christians except for one simple scene at the end! It's a shame, but not shame on Bob Enyart. It's a shame that our humanity sometimes overshadows truth, but that's the way it is given the past racial atrocities. I simply wish Bob would replace, remove, or append the final scene with text for our sake, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm done with this thread. I know that I still haven't gotten anywhere with this. But I've learned a lesson: Being black, I know what NOT to talk about in TOL forums. The apostle Paul suggested being sensitive to your brothers' weaknesses so that they do not stumble. I see that you guys can care less.

Have fun debating amongst yourselves.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe you whites don't need this, but we blacks are very sensitive to lynchings.
Now WHO is the racist? :rolleyes:

You continue...
It's a shame that our humanity sometimes overshadows truth, but that's the way it is given the past racial atrocities. I simply wish Bob would replace, remove, or append the final scene with text for our sake, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
How many times do I need to tell you? Its not a picture of a black person being lynched by a group of racists! Your the ONLY person that has ever even asserted such a thing!

You continue...
I'm done with this thread. I know that I still haven't gotten anywhere with this. But I've learned a lesson: Being black, I know what NOT to talk about in TOL forums. The apostle Paul suggested being sensitive to your brothers' weaknesses so that they do not stumble. I see that you guys can care less.
Care less?????

Are you serious????

If we didn't care about your concern we would have simply ignored you!

4 people responded to your concerns and then I actually called Bob myself (for you) to verify the content of the image.

It is YOU who is being totally unreasonable. I am really not sure what you expected us to do for you. Nobody here at TOL has anything to do with the tape in question, however we DID respond to your concerns and completely neutralized your original concern.

Apparently you are determined to be a victim.

N

naima

Originally posted by Jefferson

My suggestion that McBirney was a racially insensitive buffoon (racist, I don't know, I said there was at least an appearence that could be interpreted as such) stems from one of his shows about a year ago about a black inmate who was talking, from what I remember, a mouth full of crapola so we are probably in agreement that this guy was no poster child.
However McBirney musters up some weak magpie of a "street jive" stereotyped 'black' voice and procedes to parody this black inmate on and on.
I never called him a racist, but many people would say he appears to be.

Jefferson, we've got the annual Black Expo here in Indy that I'm sure you're aware of (and Goose, doesn't he live in Indy as well?)
Have you ever been? Would you like to attend sometime?

Goose

Originally posted by naima
Jefferson, we've got the annual Black Expo here in Indy that I'm sure you're aware of (and Goose, doesn't he live in Indy as well?)
Black Expo? Why would I want to further racism. Actually, I'm going up to South Bend soon to listen to a black speaker. And not because he's black, but because he's a good speaker.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
I assume you will also be attending the "White Expo"?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Black heritage month good
White heritage month bad

One Eyed Jack

Look, it would have helped if a simple caption was used beneath the hanging photo telling what was happening. Something like, "1845 Public Hanging of rapist Jack Smiley, Hampton Courthouse." Just this alone would strip the ambiguity of the scene.

This seems perfectly reasonable to me. Maybe they'll do that in the next batch. In the meantime, a paper insert explaining the situation could be included with the tapes that have already been made, but have yet to be distributed. Just an idea...

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

This seems perfectly reasonable to me. Maybe they'll do that in the next batch. In the meantime, a paper insert explaining the situation could be included with the tapes that have already been made, but have yet to be distributed. Just an idea...
I would say that is unreasonable.

Why?

Because there is NO reason to think the image is a racist hanging.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Nope, never attended. Wouldn't mind attending. Have you ever heard Bob and Tom's parody of The White Trash Expo?

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by novice
I would say that is unreasonable.

Why?

Because there is NO reason to think the image is a racist hanging.

Some people are more sensitive (and less reasonable) than others. If it can clear up any possible ambiguity, I don't see how it could hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.