Bob proud of lynchings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Ant

Listen please...

Listen please...

4 A.M.prayer has it right.

I don't think Bob, Doug, Knight or anyone we've been talking about is racist. However, I do think that Bob and Doug show many signs of insensitivity. Knight, you are probably right that picture is a public execution of a white man. But that's not the point - the point is that the image is interpreted as being very offensive. Why not just remove it? It doesn't add *that* much value to the video, surely? Or at least add a caption, as jhodgeiii suggested.

Originally posted by novice
I would say that is unreasonable.

Why?

Because there is NO reason to think the image is a racist hanging.
Well, obviously you're wrong, because some people do think it is a racist lynching, at least at first glance.

4 A.M. Prayer

Originally posted by Jefferson
Nope, never attended. Wouldn't mind attending. Have you ever heard Bob and Tom's parody of The White Trash Expo?

hats off to Poly for her/his comments. Jefferson, Bob & Tom have NO alligence to religion, let alone Christianity. Tom, in particular, is a "north-side" Carmel Republican agnostic; they live comfortably, with no issues, in short, they make me 'puke'.

Please understand that these morons offer nothing in the way of our Lord's message of Salvation....I respect some of your posts Jefferson, I would think that you would'nt see thru their "schlock"...

Freak

Originally posted by Goose
The cry of racism is a disease. It's counter-productive. I've known Knight for a little over a year, and I've never heard him say anything even remotely racist.

:thumb:

Freak

Re: Listen please...

Originally posted by .Ant

I don't think Bob, Doug, Knight or anyone we've been talking about is racist. However, I do think that Bob and Doug show many signs of insensitivity. Knight, you are probably right that picture is a public execution of a white man. But that's not the point - the point is that the image is interpreted as being very offensive. Why not just remove it? It doesn't add *that* much value to the video, surely? Or at least add a caption, as jhodgeiii suggested.

Well, obviously you're wrong, because some people do think it is a racist lynching, at least at first glance.

Exactly! This was the point I believe our Christian brother is trying to get at. He's not calling anyone racist, he is simply questioning the use of a scene that could possibly offend our African-American brothers who love Jesus.

You said: Knight, you are probably right that picture is a public execution of a white man. But that's not the point - the point is that the image is interpreted as being very offensive. Why not just remove it? It doesn't add *that* much value to the video, surely? Or at least add a caption, as jhodgeiii suggested.

Great points!

N

naima

Originally posted by novice
I assume you will also be attending the "White Expo"?

Every year; it's called the Indiana State Fair.

All the TOL regulars comments regarding the Black Expo clearly show their insensitivity in this, the lynching controversy, McBirney's jive parody, you name it.

TOL (and KGOV) should post a warning to everyone before they enter along the lines of: "ALL non-white, non-American visitors may be offended by some of the opinions and dialogue herein." :rolleyes:

Freak

Originally posted by naima

All the TOL regulars comments regarding the Black Expo clearly show their insensitivity in this, the lynching controversy, McBirney's jive parody, you name it.

TOL (and KGOV) should post a warning to everyone before they enter along the lines of: "ALL non-white, non-American visitors may be offended by some of the opinions and dialogue herein." :rolleyes:

Naima, I'm sadden to hear this. I'm still wanting some clarification regarding our African-American brother concerns'.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Please keep your slander off our forum.

Feel free to visit other forums and not return.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Originally posted by .Ant

I don't think Bob, Doug, Knight or anyone we've been talking about is racist. However, I do think that Bob and Doug show many signs of insensitivity. Knight, you are probably right that picture is a public execution of a white man.
Probably right????

What do you mean "probably right"?

I called Bob myself (for jhodgeiii) and got it straight from the source. It's a picture of a legal public lynging of a white man in the late 1800's somewhere in the mid-west.

You continue....
But that's not the point - the point is that the image is interpreted as being very offensive.
The image was wrongly interpreted by one person. Should an author of a novel retract all of his already published books because one person wrongly interprets a line within the book?

You continue...
Why not just remove it? It doesn't add *that* much value to the video, surely? Or at least add a caption, as jhodgeiii suggested.
First off.... it isn't my tape!!!! Why can't jhodgeiii call Bob himself and express his concern? Secondly.... the tape has already been produced, I am guessing that there are literally thousands of those tapes pre-made sitting on a shelf somewhere. Is it really that reasonable to have them all destroyed and start over just because ONE person wrongly interpreted an image on the tape?

You continue...
"Some people"?

Let's be accurate shall we.... one person wrongly thought the image was of a racist lynching.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Freak

Naima, I'm sadden to hear this. I'm still wanting some clarification regarding our African-American brother concerns'.
Freak... have you been reading this thread????

We have only given clarification about 19 times! :doh:

Goose

Naima: Another dillusional self-inflicted victim of racism.

Freak

I see the clairification but alittle sensitvity to our brother should be in order.

Our brother should now take these concerns directly to the one who produced these tapes.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 4 A.M. Prayer

hats off to Poly for her/his comments.
Her, HER, HER!!

BTW...what comments? I never really made any.

4 A.M. Prayer

Originally posted by Jefferson
Nope, never attended. Wouldn't mind attending. Have you ever heard Bob and Tom's parody of The White Trash Expo?

Thanks for responding Jefferson. Many years ago when I went to Black Expo for the first time, I was very surprised. Many cool and interesting things to see; I was welcomed and made to feel a part of everything.

In Goose's words what actually may further racism is for white folks to purposely stay away from events like the Black Expo in droves.

No, I've not heard the Bob and Tom parody; I used to think some of their bits were funny but I no longer listen to them. I honestly feel that as Christians, we should avoid the crapola they trowel out as "entertainment" on an almost daily basis. :)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Goose
LOL Gender probs again Poly?
Well, not a problem for me anyway.:D

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Well, the racially enhanced poster seemed to have left the house, to which I am glad, BUT, I prepared a response for him and I hate to see it go to waste, so here it is for prosparities sake, and for defending against some of his ill will toward me.

Jhodgeiii – As to you quoting me saying,
Why don’t you rather assume that the graphic representations were chose to be consistent with the teachings and style of the producers instead of contrary to them?
and then you saying.
Actually, I did give the scene the benefit of the doubt, knowing Bob's nature. It's upsetting, however, that a tape so well done had to be marred with an ambiguous ending scene reminding us blacks of an unjust, painful history. Perhaps if blacks were the majority and years ago whites were unrighteously hung from trees among smiling blacks you would understand.
You are amazing. So, if a teaching tape was against say racism and the holocaust, and at the end of the tape it showed a clip of a concentration camp scene, that would somehow be wrong or in poor taste? Even then, no, it would not be wrong or in poor taste, it would just be more on topic material. Unless of course Bob would communicate somehow that he promoted the holocaust, which is nearly as absurd as your paranoia.

As to
I'll make it clear that Bob is NOT a racist. Bob is a role model for me, and I'd never want to slander his ministry. I credit him for my Christian fervency. However, being black and having mostly black friends, I KNOW that this scene will cause blacks to stumble. I really, really wish that the producers had used a different scene.
I wondered if you were hyper sensitive on the race issue. As far as racial colors are concerned, I am white, but I know that unjust prejudice and murder are wrong and I abhor them just as much as any black or brown or yellow (etc.) person. But my point is - for you to say that (generally) black people will be as prejudicially biased and lacking objectivity towards this issue as you are, is rather telling. I really really wish you would get over your paranoia and victim mentality and wishful imaginations of some unspoken nonexistent super sick message.

As to
I pray that your diatribe edifies someone else because I have been a Bible-believing Christian since age 13, thank you. You know, one thing about Bob is that he seems to have a gift for revealing unbelievers. I can clearly see that you lack this gift 1WAY.
As if the entire paragraph did not fully demonstrate who I was talking about in terms of specific individuals, or generally the world. I did not intend any suggestion that you personally were not saved. However, you did this “glad to imagine a non-existent offense” thing to Bob, so why should I (another whitey) be surprised that “you” would do it to me too?

You want to see things wrongly because of your own vile spite, be your guest,

that seems to be your “gift”.

As to
For myself, race really isn't the issue, but the rightfulness of the execution IS. If you could even give me just the book it came from I would dig up the details myself.
What a load of crap. You said that you would never want to slander Bob’s ministry, but you see a clip that you are not sure clearly represents a righteous legal execution, or an illegal lynching, and so without ANY logical or reasonable cause, you assume that the clip is wrong so much so that you don’t even recommend the video. You are obviously judging that this “questionable” clip may represent a terrible injustice, so you are slandering Bob in the largest of ways, and you are cutting down your own intelligence at the same time, and apparently all people of color, because, unless you know the following two things for certain, (that’s two with a “T”)

it was an unjust lynching,

and

you know that Bob was promoting such a terrible thing,

then you (or ANYONE, even people of COLOR) have no reason to believe your false concern that it is supporting an unjust execution, which is obviously “murder”, and also smacks of some of the worlds worst sorts of racism and wickedness.

Two things, you know that it was an unjust lynching AND the video promoted it anyway.

We all know that these two things are not true, and so we also know your complaint is also false.

4 A.M. Prayer

IWay, Knight, etc.

jhodgeii continues to voice legitimate concerns...

you, and the, perhaps, complete Enyart ministry conglomerate are all white.

I am white...

Why can't we all admit that we can't feel jhodgeii's concerns.

The whole Enyart ministry seems insensitive to anyone of color.

Why not just admit that, while not racist , you are incapable of dealing with this issue and stop the "you're wrong, we're right, we've tried to help you, you just don't understand" crapola..

Goose

Originally posted by 4 A.M. Prayer
The whole Enyart ministry seems insensitive to anyone of color.
Bob is going to be speaking at the same convention as a black speaker will be there, this next weekend in South Bend. They'll probably be speaking for the same topic. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.