Brexit

Arthur Brain

Let's see a leftist who claims MC works in England stroll hand in hand with his uncovered woman (or with his fellow homo), proper British bulldog on leash, through any Mohammedan stronghold.

Oh grow a brain you silly crank. You know absolutely nothing about Britain but please remain paranoid enough as to not set foot in the place. You're almost as thick as Nick M...

:dunce:

musterion

Oh grow a brain you silly crank. You know absolutely nothing about Britain but please remain paranoid enough as to not set foot in the place. You're almost as thick as Nick M...

:dunce:

Obfuscation. Misdirection. Red herring. Got any other diversions from the sound point you did not address? No? Didn't think so.

musterion

Skynews says these are the final Exit numbers.

18-24: 36%;
25-34: 58%;
35-44: 72%;
45-54: 75%;
55-64: 81%;
65+: 83%

That looks a bit more promising for Britain's future.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Are you just playing ignorant Anna? or are you that removed from reality that there is a unique "American" culture? Since the inception of the United States of America people of many nations have (legally) immigrated to this nation, they came here to be "Americans" not to drag their former culture with them with the expectation of their cultural customs or language to be honored by the host nation. Nobody is saying that someone has to divorce themselves from their heritage or cultural customs but, they should have no expectation that the host nation is in any way obligated to adhere, honor, or respect their cultural customs and should assimilate to the culture of the country they have immigrated to. The onus to make a cultural change is not upon the citizens of the country you have immigrated to, nobody owes them that...plain & simple.
What do you think defines American culture?
I'm having trouble understanding the sentence in red. What difference do you see between divorce from someone's heritage and culture and assimilating to their new country's culture? But perhaps answering how you define American culture would make it more clear. Without context those seem a little contradictory.
Are there some examples you have in mind of a group trying to get us to adhere to, honor, or respect their customs instead of assimilating to ours?

Arthur Brain

Obfuscation. Misdirection. Red herring. Got any other diversions from the sound point you did not address? No? Didn't think so.

Had you made a sound point I would have addressed it. As it was it was simply a dumb and trollish assertion with a complete lack of support for the premise. Should you get around to making a salient point worth taking seriously then I would not only welcome the surprise factor I'd answer on point.

Otherwise just carry on with the "chav" crap, immaturity for a grown man and flat out lying and dishonesty in general. Up to you what fruits of the spirit you actually have about you dude.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I could only get so far into the article before I was asked to log in to read the full thing, but I read enough to find myself disagreeing with it. Using examples of nutcases like Anders Breivik is simply reprehensible and not only an example of typical alarmist rhetoric but a disservice to those who died under his psychopathic killing spree. I'm no fan of David Cameron by any stretch and will shed no tears over his departure circa October after his practically forced resignation from leadership but he hardly 'denounced' multiculturalism over here. Nobody advocates the implementation of extremism aka 'sharia law' like Musterion seems to think and even your own article says it 'fuels the success of far right parties so what would your views be on that?

Hardly an impressive article frankly.

I did not say it was anything more than interesting, or thought provoking there were parts of it that were dead on and others which I thought were a bit subjective but, if this were the only article I had read on the subject than maybe you would be right...that is not the case though Artie, there are numerous articles, all written in European and UK publications which all point to the failure that is multiculturalism.I guess we agree to disagree at this point, I won't change your mind and you certainly cannot show or at least convince me where it has been anything more than a dangerous experiment.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
What do you think defines American culture?
I'm having trouble understanding the sentence in red. What difference do you see between divorce from someone's heritage and culture and assimilating to their new country's culture? But perhaps answering how you define American culture would make it more clear. Without context those seem a little contradictory.
Are there some examples you have in mind of a group trying to get us to adhere to, honor, or respect their customs instead of assimilating to ours?

American culture is a melting pot of many cultures & always has been, that overtime mixed with our national values defined by our constitution & laws becomes one homogeneous culture which is America. It is important that everybody belongs in a healthy, diverse national culture, I absolutely detest the labels that the progressive left has given to different people like Mexican American, African American, Asian American, etc. these are just dividing points because what we should all be touting is that we are all Americans regardless of our race, national origin, religion, etc...there is no value added in separation & division except to form factions that in-fight against each other. However we as national society/culture should be able to oppose cultures that are incompatible with our own understanding that we as a people can & should reject any other culture that is dangerous to our own, that is not racism or bigotry, it is survival of a healthy nation/society/culture, take your pick but, they are intertwined together. If you would have read any of the articles I have posted on the subject maybe you would understand why creating individual sub-cultural sects without uniting all our cultural differences without labels under one national culture has made our society unhealthy and more divided.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think it was musty that posted an article about a company that was being forced to offer more prayer times for muslim employees that complained about not being able to pray at designated times everyday

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
BRITAIN HAS VOTED TO LEAVE THE EUROPEAN UNION

The margin is narrow at 52 to 48 per cent....the pound has fallen from £1-50 to £1-35 to the dollar overnight and the Euro lovers are already speaking in apocalyptic terms.

This has all come about because British politicians [and the media] have completely lost touch with the people...they WOULD NOT LISTEN. And the Europeans would not consider reform.

No doubt they will punish us but I am glad.....

Have to stand pat, as market dances, then drops to a low, then play through.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It didn't say anything explicitly, no. But that doesn't mean that it won't change a few minds seeing the outcome. It was 55% to 45% in favor of Scotland staying in the UK. Do you think there are 5% in Scotland whose vote might change now?

It's not so simple. The question was 'should Great Britain leave the EU?' So the result doesn't mean that 55% want Scotland to stay in the EU. So 55/45 in this circumstance is hardly a mandate for anything. It is all just one big-mouth politician who just wants to make a name for herself by seeming to be doing something. It is hardly in Scotland's interest to have a new referendum vote now over whether to leave the UK. They might as well at least wait till the dust has settled and they know what prospects Britain has when it is fully independent again. They may even end up in a worse position in the EU than had they stayed in the UK.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
American culture is a melting pot of many cultures & always has been, that overtime mixed with our national values defined by our constitution & laws becomes one homogeneous culture which is America. It is important that everybody belongs in a healthy, diverse national culture, I absolutely detest the labels that the progressive left has given to different people like Mexican American, African American, Asian American, etc. these are just dividing points because what we should all be touting is that we are all Americans regardless of our race, national origin, religion, etc...there is no value added in separation & division except to form factions that in-fight against each other. However we as national society/culture should be able to oppose cultures that are incompatible with our own understanding that we as a people can & should reject any other culture that is dangerous to our own, that is not racism or bigotry, it is survival of a healthy nation/society/culture, take your pick but, they are intertwined together. If you would have read any of the articles I have posted on the subject maybe you would understand why creating individual sub-cultural sects without uniting all our cultural differences without labels under one national culture has made our society unhealthy and more divided.

I wonder if you were holding your breath when you typed out that long-winded apologia for xenophobia.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If you would have read any of the articles I have posted on the subject maybe you would understand why creating individual sub-cultural sects without uniting all our cultural differences without labels under one national culture has made our society unhealthy and more divided.

if I thought what you posted was worth reading, I wouldn't have you on ignore

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm hearing some news about buyers remorse from some Leavers. They were promised that EU money would be distriubuted elsewhere, like healthcare, but now Leave leaders are backpedaling.

rexlunae

It's not so simple. The question was 'should Great Britain leave the EU?' So the result doesn't mean that 55% want Scotland to stay in the EU. So 55/45 in this circumstance is hardly a mandate for anything.

I was referring to the Scotland independence vote from two years ago. That was 55/45. The Scottish Remain vote on the Brexit was 62%, and it had the overwhelming majority support of every part of Scotland.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36616028

It is all just one big-mouth politician who just wants to make a name for herself by seeming to be doing something.

You're referring to Nicola Sturgeon, I assume? Her attitude seems to reflect a majority of her country.

It is hardly in Scotland's interest to have a new referendum vote now over whether to leave the UK. They might as well at least wait till the dust has settled and they know what prospects Britain has when it is fully independent again. They may even end up in a worse position in the EU than had they stayed in the UK.

One could argue it wasn't in the UK's interests to hold a vote on EU membership. That didn't stop them. These are the circumstances for you to consider, as I see it:

1. Two years ago, nearly half of Scotland wanted independence from the UK. And that was with David Cameron promising them all sorts of new devolved rights, which he won't be able to make good on from here, so whatever they think they got out of voting to stay, they better be content with it.
2. As of last week, Scotland supported Britain remaining in the EU nearly 2 to 1.
3. Either of these changes, an independent Scotland or a Brexit, would have represented a significant material departure from the status quo for Scotland, with significant potential economic downsides either way. But one of them is now as certain as anything can be by a vote.
4. If the Brexit plan is carried through, the economic argument for Scotland to try to stay in the EU could easily tip against them remaining in the UK. The UK economy is big, but the EU is bigger.

This Brexit plan has been a case of England going alone. England represents the vast majority of the UK population, so they can dominate the vote for the UK as a whole, but outside England and Wales, it's pretty unpopular. So Scotland and Northern Ireland are being driven down a path they didn't choose and don't like, unheeded by their sister countries, and for the moment, powerless to stop it. What was it that the English didn't like about the EU, again?

eider

... are you saying Sharia, and the radical idealist sects of some cultures are not dangerous? .....
We do not accept Sharia laws here. We have Legislation which covers England/Wales uniformly across all counties, and any kind of vigilante action is unlawful and unsupported. Having said that, if people, any people, witness Indictable offences being committed, then they can ;personally detain the offenders and call the police. This power applies to Muslims as well as Sikhs, or Hindus, or Pagans, or....

Nonsense! those pictures above prove why a healthy society should be both prejudice & discriminatory ...................
Over here you might come unstuck on our anti-discrimination laws.
There are a few pockets of extremisnm, including Christian extremism, but the vast majority of Brits don't put up with prejudice or discrimination any more. I can still think of a few religious nutters here who don't listen, but freedom from prejudice for all is slowly but inexorably gaining ground.
You might not like it here....

It is called reality that is stinging you, not all cultures are to be accepted,.........
No direct or personal offence intended, but whatever culture you belong to (as described in your posts) might not get much acceptance here.

Do you belong a distinct denomination or Church type?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I am tired of this subject. Brits mind everyone's business, and gets mad whenever someone is in theirs. Nothing new under the sun.

Total Misanthropy.
Uncertain salvation.
Luck of the draw.
Irresistible damnation.
Persecution of the saints.

Nice signature :AMR:

None of that is even remotely accurate. Is it what you actually think or is it just random insult :rolleyes: