Brexit

CherubRam

Banking Industry trying to harm Brits economy, threatens others who may follow Brits on exit. Banking industry must lose money some how. Maybe they are manipulating the market to keep wages low and profits high.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
We do not accept Sharia laws here. We have Legislation which covers England/Wales uniformly across all counties, and any kind of vigilante action is unlawful and unsupported. Having said that, if people, any people, witness Indictable offences being committed, then they can ;personally detain the offenders and call the police. This power applies to Muslims as well as Sikhs, or Hindus, or Pagans, or....

I am sure all that legislation gives you a warm fuzzy but, the UK already has national laws and if people wish to practice sharia let them move to a country that practices sharia, why allow them to create a sub-culture that is in opposition to the social & civil laws of your nation? What you have laid out here has danger to the citizenry written all over it, do you really think these people care about UK law over sharia? where is their allegiance to or loyalties lie? don't you think that information is important to the safety of all citizens in the UK? Either these people come to be part of your society, and obey UK laws, or they should leave, not expect society to adhere, recognize, or even respect their cultural edicts which are more than likely conflict with your own country's national values.

Over here you might come unstuck on our anti-discrimination laws.
There are a few pockets of extremisnm, including Christian extremism, but the vast majority of Brits don't put up with prejudice or discrimination any more. I can still think of a few religious nutters here who don't listen, but freedom from prejudice for all is slowly but inexorably gaining ground.
You might not like it here....

Sounds like Brits are finally waking up to the danger that some cultures pose to their own society. Being diverse, avoiding prejudice & discrimination are good things but, being discriminatory of dangerous cultures for the sake of safety or survival of your own culture is just good sense. Do you think that cultures that are at war with the west discriminate against you? your country? your culture? You can bet they do...

No direct or personal offence intended, but whatever culture you belong to (as described in your posts) might not get much acceptance here.

No offense taken, I am not looking for acceptance of any culture that endangers itself for fear of offending those that wish to harm it...doesn't make sense to me at all.

Do you belong a distinct denomination or Church type?

Nope, non-denominational.

eider

Other nations are talking about leaving the EU, but the Internet is devoid of saying who they may be.

The Netherlands is in contention about this. I understand that Germany has underpinned the Netherlands financially and therefore has some degree of control over the Netrherlands. That's just hearsay, but it is probably correct.

Marine le Penn, Leader of the French Right-Wing party, similar to our National Front, has always argued that a French exit is possible, and always has been shouted down. Just now she is grinning from ear to ear and talking about a Frexit.

The Czechs are murmuring about an exit. A wag on another forum hasd coined the term 'Czechout'.

eider

I am sure all that legislation gives you a warm fuzzy but, the UK already has national laws
Legislation produces Laws, hence my use of thast word.
Yes, it gives me a warm fuzzy because by knowing my laws backwards, forwards and sideways is an empowerment that helped me to arrrest/detain thousands of thieves and fraudsters, and train commercial detectives to do the same.
If you know your rights, then you know what you can and cannot do.
Knowledge is power.

......and if people wish to practice sharia let them move to a country that practices sharia, why allow them to create a sub-culture that is in opposition to the social & civil laws of your nation?
If you are a fundamental 'full-on' Christian then you almost certainly should accept the 613 laws of the old testament. Occasionally Christians who don't want to accept one of those laws just file 'em in a section and call it 'the old covenant' keeping the ones they like best in a file called 'the new covenant'.
Ny point is this.... if yuou live by the laws of Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Exodus, Numbers etc then you would not have any trouble living in a UK district which has a Muslim majority in the Council and has enacted Byelaws based upon the old laws. They would be YOUR LAWS! :)
So don't be so frightened if you ever have to walk tghrough a Sharia controlled Council area. You would be utterly protected. What have you to be frightened about?
The only thing is....... Muslims don't cherry pick their laws.

What you have laid out here has danger to the citizenry written all over it, do you really think these people care about UK law over sharia? where is their allegiance to or loyalties lie? don't you think that information is important to the safety of all citizens in the UK?
All Muslim controlled councils in the UK support British legislation.
Where groups of idealist Muslim patrol any high-crime areas the honest folks would have nout to worry about.
Have you ever heard of Extreme Christianm vigilante groups going out on patrol? Now they treally would scare me......

Either these people come to be part of your society, and obey UK laws, or they should leave, not expect society to adhere, recognize, or even respect their cultural edicts which are more than likely conflict with your own country's national values.
I have trained many Muslims to be commerckial, Retail or Store Detectives.... over many years. They are mostly brilliant. The only difference I ever noticed was that they are very very trustworthy with other people, other people's property, and other peoples safety.
For every extremist Muslim there are tens of thousands of wholsome decent British Muslims.
You're just prejudiced about them. Why does that not surprise me? bBjut you would recognise most Muslim Laws 'cos they are yours.

Sounds like Brits are finally waking up to the danger that some cultures pose to their own society. Being diverse, avoiding prejudice & discrimination are good things but, being discriminatory of dangerous cultures for the sake of safety or survival of your own culture is just good sense. Do you think that cultures that are at war with the west discriminate against you? your country? your culture? You can bet they do...
Sadly we don't have a good record over our past foreign policies and actions. I don't think that you do, either. Please don't pretend that either of our countries has had a good 50 year record.
Passport holders in this country are all Brits.
When we complain about immigration we are talking about numbers of people, regardless of nationality, colour, religion, creed, race, culture, age, disability, gender, sexuality, marital status or anything else.

ClimateSanity

which is, of course, just another way of calling rocketdude a racist

The only immoral things are racism, homophobia, sexism, greed, and being unapologetically white . I may have left off a few things. Every issue is seen through the prism of those abominables.

I forgot a proper respect for environmentalism which includes believing too many people are destroying the earth.

The abominables used to be this:

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

The Berean

What do you think defines American culture?
I'm having trouble understanding the sentence in red. What difference do you see between divorce from someone's heritage and culture and assimilating to their new country's culture? But perhaps answering how you define American culture would make it more clear. Without context those seem a little contradictory.
Are there some examples you have in mind of a group trying to get us to adhere to, honor, or respect their customs instead of assimilating to ours?
I'll give you an example, the Cinco de Mayo celebrations in America. In Mexico Cinco De Mayo is a minor celebration mostly in Puebla. Yet, here it's celebrated like it's the 4th of July. And it irritates me that so Mexican-Americans seem to worship the Mexican flag. I find it hilarious that so many Mexican-Americans love the Mexican flag yet were born in America and have never even been to Mexico! :rotfl: It makes them look retarded IMO. If they love the Mexican flag so much why don't they go live in Mexico? :think:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Europe has told Sturgeon that it would be inappropriate for them to hold meetings about Scotland's bid to stay in the EU.

....run along Nicola

rexlunae

Europe has told Sturgeon that it would be inappropriate for them to hold meetings about Scotland's bid to stay in the EU.

....run along Nicola

It would be really bad if Europe were seen as supportive of the UK shattering in pieces. That doesn't change the sentiments of the Scots.

andyc

The SNP have responded stupidly. They need to shut up, and take a timeout to think things over.
Scotland cant join the EU until they first leave the UK, and that won't happen until the people vote for it in a referendum, which they won't get for while. And they themselves don't know how the Scots as a whole feel about it, especially joining the Euro which is sinking nations like Scotland.
If they just accepted it for the time being, they will probably be better off in the UK liberated from Brussels. But if they still wanted to destroy their country in the EU, they can go ahead and do it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
They don't really have anything anymore....oil? 40 dollars a barrel? they used to build ships, apart from that it's whiskey....I have a feeling Ireland will soon miss England.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
They scoff [Alex Salmond] at the English but they have not had all the immigrants, if we sent them a million or so you would soon hear an outcry

It really isn't exaggeration when we say we are being swamped

andyc

They don't really have anything anymore....oil? 40 dollars a barrel? they used to build ships, apart from that it's whiskey....I have a feeling Ireland will soon miss England.

Yeah .....there are mixed feelings in Scotland. It's the Braveheart crowd from the previous failed referendum who are trying to to stir everyone up to have another bite at the cherry. They'll get their chance to paint the faces blue (with 28 stars) again if they want to brake away and doom themselves.