ECT Can a Christian ever be rejected by God because of . . .

Cross Reference

. . . . . . . . his refusal to die to himself as exampled by Jesus? If such a life produces thorns and thistles, what do the scriptures say about the end of such a life that lives presumptuously believing he will receive a crown?

oatmeal

. . . . . . . . his refusal to die to himself as exampled by Jesus? If such a life produces thorns and thistles, what do the scriptures say about the end of such a life that lives presumptuously believing he will receive a crown?

Once you have received salvation, the gift of eternal life, you have it. it is your eternally for as long as eternal life lasts, which, not surprisingly, lasts for all eternity.

OCTOBER23

If you follow JESUS you are promised Rulership over the Entire Universe.

So, what is the Problem buddy ?

Or do you want to follow in the footsteps of Cruciform and go Nowhere man ?

Cross Reference

If you follow JESUS you are promised Rulership over the Entire Universe.

So, what is the Problem buddy ?

Or do you want to follow in the footsteps of Cruciform and go Nowhere man ?

Why don't you read for understanding what I asked and reply to it rather than mouth off on some fast track to nowhere ___buddy?

Cross Reference

None of you 'scholars' seem to know how to read for understanding; how to get around your pet doctrines you cling to 'til your fingertips bleed.

I sortta think I have hit a nerve you all don't know how to deal with, i.e., you claim Jesus for salvation but you want to carry on your life, as it is - you love it, and have found sufficient agreement in your pet, man reasoned, doctrines that sustain you. You go to church for an hour [maybe] to get your guilt slaked and it never crosses your mind that God wants to see value "from" you, for the price He paid. The parable of the talents comes easily to mind as well as this passage:

"For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned." Hebrews 6:7-8 (KJV)

So where do you all stand that gnashing of teeth won't bring you comfort?

oatmeal

I've been reading John 3:16, over and over again lately. Jesus promises eternal life to those who believe. Those who believe are so humbled and grateful, for they did not deserve this heavenly gift. I could not sin enough for my Lord, Jesus Christ to take this away from me. This is how I believe and could never be convinced otherwise.

As a born-again believer, the Holy Spirit dwells within me. Romans 8:38,39
mentions "nothing in all creation" - including the creature, the sins of the creature, will separate us from the love of God, through Christ.

that is correct, nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our lord.

Romans 8:37-39

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Cross Reference

I've been reading John 3:16, over and over again lately. Jesus promises eternal life to those who believe. Those who believe are so humbled and grateful, for they did not deserve this heavenly gift. I could not sin enough for my Lord, Jesus Christ to take this away from me. This is how I believe and could never be convinced otherwise.

As a born-again believer, the Holy Spirit dwells within me. Romans 8:38,39
mentions "nothing in all creation" - including the creature, the sins of the creature, will separate us from the love of God, through Christ.

I believe that as well, however, can you not, at anytime, 'walk away' [figure of speech] from His indwelling life?

Try this out: "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire." 2 Peter 2:20-22 (KJV)

To have "known"is to have intimate relation with.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
None of you 'scholars' seem to know how to read for understanding; how to get around your pet doctrines you cling to 'til your fingertips bleed.

I sortta think I have hit a nerve you all don't know how to deal with, i.e., you claim Jesus for salvation but you want to carry on your life, as it is - you love it, and have found sufficient agreement in your pet, man reasoned, doctrines that sustain you. You go to church for an hour [maybe] to get your guilt slaked and it never crosses your mind that God wants to see value "from" you, for the price He paid. The parable of the talents comes easily to mind as well as this passage:

"For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned." Hebrews 6:7-8 (KJV)

So where do you all stand that gnashing of teeth won't bring you comfort?

I recommend that you learn to use, "Spell Check?"

Cross Reference

I
just lent out a commentary on 2 Peter and have forgotten the overall context of this passage. Perhaps oatmeal will help out here.

John10:27-30, also gives great comfort and rest for the true believer.

Our heavenly Father, and the Lord Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit, keep us for all eternity. Because of this our lives are a reflection of Their holiness. Although we are still carnal, we are made new and strive to turn away from sin on a daily basis

But are our lives a reflection of His Holiness? Do we strive to turn away from sin or perhaps the temptation not to is too great? Don't you believe these are questions that need to be asked or are you saying, with God, it really doesn't matter?

OMT, 2Peter2 doesn't need a commentary for understanding it. May I suggest you write your own based solely upon the text. It is an easy read.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The question makes no sense. God offered reconciliation to all men by serving justice. Trust him, and they will be saved. There is no in between. You either believe him, or you do not.

You do not believe that it is finished.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I believe that as well, however, can you not, at anytime, 'walk away' [figure of speech] from His indwelling life?

Try this out: "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire." 2 Peter 2:20-22 (KJV)

To have "known"is to have intimate relation with.

This passage speaks to hypocrites; false professors of faith within the visible churces.

It coincides with Hebrews 6:4-8 and 10:26-39

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The question makes no sense. God offered reconciliation to all men by serving justice. Trust him, and they will be saved. There is no in between. You either believe him, or you do not.

You do not believe that it is finished.

Amen!

This is a most wonderful, insightful statement of faith.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes, our lives are a reflection of His Holiness. He will never tempt us or give trials that are too much for us to bear.

Thanks for the encouragement to exegete this passage myself. Sometimes I am timid in the wake of the swift judgments and condemnations that occur here at TOL.

I think this passage cautions people to look closely at who has regenerating faith from God and those who have false experiences that can look like a true walk of faith.

I agree. Christians (particularly the bishops/elders) in the visible churches are to be discerning regarding professions of faith, lest hypocritical and false teachers with destructive doctrines, creep their way in, and bring harm to the flock.

This is the context of the epistle of II Peter.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amen!

This is a most wonderful, insightful statement of faith.

Repent you filthy pig.

Faith pleases God but it does not merit forgiveness. Sinners are forgiven because they are first chosen by the Father by name in Christ, because Christ died for them, and because the Holy Spirit raises them to new spiritual life.

You are every bit as evil as he is. Let you both be accursed.