ECT Can a Christian ever be rejected by God because of . . .

Cross Reference

This passage speaks to hypocrites; false professors of faith within the visible churces.

It coincides with Hebrews 6:4-8 and 10:26-39

The context does NOT support it being about hypocrites or unbelievers but those, who have fallen away from faith in Christ and returned to the world after having an intimate relationship with Him. That is the context of John 17:3 for what intimacy is all about that you might see the seriousness of it all.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God offered reconciliation to all men by serving justice. Trust him, and they will be saved. There is no in between. You either believe him, or you do not.

Faith pleases God but it does not merit forgiveness. Sinners are forgiven because they are first chosen by the Father by name in Christ, because Christ died for them, and because the Holy Spirit raises them to new spiritual life.

As if you didn't know.

Repent for agreeing with you?

Nice try. I rebuke you.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The context does NOT support it being about hypocrites or unbelievers but those, who have fallen away from faith in Christ and returned to the world after having an intimate relationship with Him. That is the context of John 17:3 for what intimacy is all about that you might see the seriousness of it all.

Saints made one with God through union through Christ can never lose their salvation.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Repent you filthy pig.

You are every bit as evil as he is. Let you both be accursed.

Nick, you exhibit the very description of the reprobates--

2Pe 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
2Pe 2:13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
2Pe 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

Jud 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
Jud 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
Jud 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jud 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
. . . . . . . . his refusal to die to himself as exampled by Jesus? If such a life produces thorns and thistles, what do the scriptures say about the end of such a life that lives presumptuously believing he will receive a crown?

Yes , most men preach only half of the gospel.

They think Jesus dying and people believing is all there is.

The fact is that most all believers refuse to be crucified with Christ.

They think Jesus did it for them instead of realizing that Jesus made it possible for others to die too.

Condemned people talk like condemned people.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Saints made one with God through union through Christ can never lose their salvation.

Believers today are not married yet, they are in a period of probation, unless they are entirely sanctified like the 120 of Acts ch 2 were.

Read song of Solomon.

and Esther's preparation for marriage.

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Believers today are not married yet, they are in a period of probation, unless they are entirely sanctified like the 120 of Acts ch 2 were.

Read song of Solomon.

and Esther's preparation for marriage.

LA

Betrothal is covenantly as legally binding as a consummated marriage.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Betrothal is covenantly as legally binding as a consummated marriage.

Only on the side of the Groom.

The Bride to be has received the promise of marriage but she can walk away any time she likes.

The Groom will do all that is in His power to keep Her , but He gives Her the right to walk away.

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Jer 7:13 And now, because ye have done all these works, saith the LORD, and I spake unto you, rising up early and speaking, but ye heard not; and I called you, but ye answered not;
Jer 7:14 Therefore will I do unto this house, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
Jer 7:15 And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim.
Jer 7:16 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Only on the side of the Groom.

The Bride to be has received the promise of marriage but she can walk away any time she likes.

The Groom will do all that is in His power to keep Her , but He gives Her the right to walk away.

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

I do not think these verses are relevant . . These are in-house instructions given to the church.

In fact I would say the opposite is true. Only the husband can legally end the marriage contract on the grounds of unfaithfulness on the part of the betrothed/bride. The female has no divorce options.

If she walks away from the marriage, she is declared guilty of unfaithfulness or even adultery.

Jer 7:13 And now, because ye have done all these works, saith the LORD, and I spake unto you, rising up early and speaking, but ye heard not; and I called you, but ye answered not;
Jer 7:14 Therefore will I do unto this house, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
Jer 7:15 And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim.
Jer 7:16 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.

Last edited:

nikolai_42

. . . . . . . . his refusal to die to himself as exampled by Jesus? If such a life produces thorns and thistles, what do the scriptures say about the end of such a life that lives presumptuously believing he will receive a crown?

Why would a blood-bought, born again, new creation of Christ even want to go there? Someone who knows their own "clothes" are filthy rags would jump at the opportunity to exchange them for something infinitely better - regardless of cost.

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 3:18-21

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Binding? But, how can intimacy be in a marriage without carnal knowledge?

First the natural, then the spiritual. Binding is but a "promise".

Betrothal is a promise of marriage; a legally binding covenant. At least biblically this used to be so. In our ungodly society and modern cultures, this is rarely recognized or practiced.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Betrothal is a promise of marriage; a legally binding covenant. At least biblically this used to be so. In our ungodly society and modern cultures, this is rarely recognized or practiced.

Yes it was called breech of contract for a man to ask 2 women at the same time to marry him.

It was at least a matter for civil court here in the U.S. less than 100 years ago.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

All these threads show is that you have no idea what happened at the cross, not a clue.

If you did not die there you are not saved.

But the inner man COMES ALIVE at the cross, the spirit which wa dead through trespasses and sins.

The old body will always produce thistles and thorns...walk according to the new man.

Cross Reference

I am sorry but, I am not going to argue this with you. Promise to marry is NOT consummation. Had it been so, Joseph would have been the father of Jesus. Now think of all the ramifications of that had it been as you believe it.

"Binding" is the responsibility of both parties. There was a penalty to be paid by the one who breaks the oath. Jesus said He would never break His. That doesn't mean He could not break it IF you broke yours. Common sense should speak that to you. What it does mean is the option is up to Him should you do so.

Having said that, the question now becomes, "where might be the breaking point at which He would exercise His prerogative?"

OMT, The pattern for this can be seen in the Exodus of the Jews out of Egypt. God made the promise to take them into the "Promise land". He broke that promise to the first generation. Why"? All God's promises are conditional:

"O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea" Isaiah 48:18 (KJV)

Cross Reference

Why would a blood-bought, born again, new creation of Christ even want to go there? Someone who knows their own "clothes" are filthy rags would jump at the opportunity to exchange them for something infinitely better - regardless of cost.

Why? Because of poor doctrine that that says, "I can live my life as I please and have Jesus, too". Why not ask yourself why the "friend" of the master of the house cast him out for not wearing his [provided at the door] "wedding garment"? (Matt 22:1-12)

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 3:18-21

"Counsel"? That is not a command.

"As many asI love"? Weren't you taught, "God loved the whole world"?

"Overcome"? Why? That speaks of a condition laid upon the believer.

Cross Reference

Can a Christian ever be rejected by God because of his refusal to die to himself as exampled by Jesus? If such a life produces thorns and thistles, what do the scriptures say about the end of such a life that lives presumptuously believing he will receive a crown?

"These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage" *"For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 2 Peter 2:17-19,21 (KJV)

*Intimacy, here. (Jn 17:3)

Cross Reference

Good Morning Cross Reference,

I spent many years thinking I would lose my salvation. When I began studying Justification, Sanctification, Glorification, I began to understand that my fear was unwarranted.

The true believers promise of Eternal Security is so vividly supported in Scripture and I hope and will pray, if you don't mind, that you and others would have open minds to discover these promises.

ALL God's promises are conditional. Never forget that.