Theology Club: can ya help a brother out

LoneStar

I don't see any who trusted the Lord believing Paul's gospel for salvation that the Lord previously "added to the church daily, such as should be saved" (Acts 2:47 KJV) out of Peter's ministry. I'm not sure what all of the worrying is about the 12 and Israel's salvation anyway. It seems pretty clear to me that theirs is future when ours is now. And anyway, the Lord knows what He's doing and has this all sorted out.

There were however those who weren't in the Lord's "My church" (Matthew 16:18 KJV) from Pentecost, but of whom God foreknew would believe and be saved into the BoC. They are those to whom Paul was first sent and Paul went in synagogue after synagogue through the book of Acts to gather them in (Romans 11:1-6 KJV). They were Jews and Greeks.
thank you once more.

LoneStar

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Deuteronomy 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.
Matthew 23:1-3 KJV
you're a doll. Great read.

LoneStar

You seem to have the notion that Peter stopped believing what he believed and that which he was commanded and committed to preach. I don't see that in scripture. It's been a false premise to most of your questions on this thread and may be why some of your questions are not being fielded.
I don't think he stopped having faith to believe. I was going with the notion that Jews were chastised for not accepting the words of those God sent. Often would kill their prophets. God sent Paul so i was figuring the Jews should listen to him and believe him as the latest prophet from God. My brain is now on the track of thinking Paul's gospel was not sent to Jews but sent to a generic people with no distinction. i've still got some track to travel.

LoneStar

It's still a false premise. Peter never believed the gospel of Christ for his salvation nor did he preach it.
At the risk of me losing another brain cell, did Peter stop preaching when Israel was put on hold or is his teaching still for believing Jews to be ready for the Lords return?

LoneStar

YOU are reading THAT...INTO my post to you.

My point has been basically sharing with you study approaches I have found helpful in my studies of these things.

YOU have read something else into THAT.

Your conclusion that I am asserting you failed to meet some supposed standard of mine is YOUR conclusion.

I subscribe to the concept that there is no failure, only feedback.

That any result is merely information one can then learn from and adjust from towards moving forward.

As in the Apostle Peter's learning from a result, and adjustment forward from, in the following...

Acts 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12.
Hang in there Dan. We have a bright future.

LoneStar

That is YOU reading into his post to you.

He was giving you a subtle dig that he does not give a flip about how many study approaches you have found.

Then start a thread, and if anyone is interested they will know right where to go.
But for crying out loud stop cluttering up so many threads with this stuff, and just stick with the topic as presented instead of trying to interject your pet topic into every thread.

Oh the irony!
You are the one that read his post wrong!

Well, that's bull!
You are constantly telling folks they have failed ----- failed to read something right, failed to understand, failed to lay it out properly, failed, failed, failed.

ROFL!
That information does not have to be presented in every thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only you would, instead of cluttering every thread with your pet topic of "Principles and Study Approaches".
And then act as though going off topic by cluttering every thread with your own pet topic instead of the one being presented is taking some moral high-ground that it shouldn't be perceived as ANNOYING.

Oh, and ......
:chuckle:
You are awfully frisky today woman.

musterion

i'm game. Nothing wrong with it. Was postponed due to their rejection.

I read chapter 7 during my lunch break to refresh my memory of it. Their rejection culminated with the stoning of Stephen. Stephen sees the Lord standing to kickoff the wrath. Put on hold and Paul is commissioned. If there is more to it i'm drawing a blank.

That's pretty much the way I read it.

musterion

BTW, LoneStar is my eldest son.
I live in his household.
He has requested that I lay low, so to speak, to see if he arrives with the same conclusion that MADists do with the info they provide.
So I told him he should come here to this forum and ask, as there are many knowledgeable MADists here.

Sooooo...safe to assume he's NOT Dodge? :D

His confusion lies with the fact that he has seen MADists say that believing Paul's gospel automatically places you in the BOC.
So if Peter believed Paul's gospel ......... the natural assumption is that Peter was in the BOC (IF is is absolutely true that when one believes Paul's gospel, they are in the BOC).

Only way it makes sense to me is to say, darn right Peter believed Paul's gospel, as true and as fact, but he was already in Christ via the Gospel of the Kingdom. So Peter believed Paul's the same way we believe Peter's...100% true but we're just not saved by it. Makes sense to me but I could always be wrong.

musterion

Does everyone know the answer but me? yells out to wife "Sweetness, go ahead and make that appointment for me."

Like I said just above, it makes no sense to me that Kingdom Jews (those who had accepted Messiah) would need Paul's gospel...they were already Christ's...and I see no sign Paul tried to re-convert those who had already believed what was preached by the 12.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=17212]LoneStar[/MENTION]

Here is something that is actually helpful and on topic from Danoh that he posted in another thread.

Danoh said:
Fact is, the Body's Mystery Grace is both different from, but not better than Israel's Prophesied Grace Covenant.

Those two are actually a case where God indeed does not make junk.

Each is different.

And each is all The Father's all, in it's own right...in His Son...by the Spirit.

Danoh

[MENTION=17212]LoneStar[/MENTION]

Here is something that is actually helpful and on topic from Danoh that he posted in another thread.

No more along the line of your "on topic" than other posts of mine on this thread, like posts #227 and 229.

You cherry picker :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12.

musterion

When I said somewhere that being under grace is "better" than being under a covenant, what I had in mind is that being under grace (which we are under, not covenant) is better than what everyone who SAYS we're under covenant present as "our deal" today with God. I do not believe God ever made "junk."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I said somewhere that being under grace is "better" than being under a covenant, what I had in mind is that being under grace (which we are under, not covenant) is better than what everyone who SAYS we're under covenant present as "our deal" today with God. I do not believe God ever made "junk."
I knowed what ya meant.
:thumb: