Cessationism

Ben Masada

Cessationism

Wikpedia Definition of Cessationism

Cessationism is the view that the “miracle gifts” of tongues and healing have ceased—that the end of the apostolic age brought about a cessation of the miracles associated with that age. Most cessationists believe that, while God can and still does perform miracles today, the Holy Spirit no longer uses individuals to perform miraculous signs.

The biblical record shows that miracles occurred during particular periods for the specific purpose of authenticating a new message from God. Moses was enabled to perform miracles to authenticate his ministry before Pharaoh (Exodus 4:1-8). Elijah was given miracles to authenticate his ministry before Ahab (1 Kings 17:1; 18:24). The apostles were given miracles to authenticate their ministry before Israel (Acts 4:10, 16).

Jesus’ ministry was also marked by miracles, which the Apostle John calls “signs” (John 2:11). John’s point is that the miracles were proofs of the authenticity of Jesus’ message.

After Jesus’ resurrection, as the Church was being established and the New Testament was being written, the apostles demonstrated “signs” such as tongues and the power to heal. “Tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not” (1 Corinthians 14:22, a verse that plainly says the gift was never intended to edify the church).

The Apostle Paul predicted that the gift of tongues would cease (1 Corinthians 13:8).

-- Do you think that this is True nowadays ?

Yes, I do. With the New Covenant for instance the prophetic Jewish system ceased to exist and, since then, the Lord has communicated with no one as He used to during the time of the Prophets. (Numb. 12:6; Jer. 31:34; Dan. 9:24; Deut. 30:11-14)

Yes, I do. With the fall of Israel at the hands of the Assyrians, the Jewish Tribal system in Israel ceased to exist. (Psalm 78:67-70) All the Jewish People belong to the New Israel from the common stem of Judah, plus about 10% that succeeded to escape Assyria and joined Judah in the South and plus the Gentiles who have joined through conversion according to Isa. 56:1-8. (Isa. 48:1) The New Israel today is to be discouraged to be addressed to each other among themselves according to the different ancient Twelve Tribes of Israel as they no longer exist. (Jer. 31:33) A New Jewish World Order has been established according to Ezek. 37:22.

There are a few others "Yes, I do" about the New Jewish World Order. It is called Evolution of Judaism. All based on the New Covenant according to Jer. 31:31.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear OCTOBER23,

I can positively assure you that 40 years ago, the Holy Spirit was alive and kicking at my church, and it was fulfilled, "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions" {See Joel 2:28KJV}. My brethren in the church were speaking in tongues, and I received the Holy Ghost three times during that time period {about 3 months}. It was EXCELLENT!!!

Just thought you'd like to know that it was happening 40 years ago. So it did not end in 70AD or whatever.

Praise God!!

Michael

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Nice bait'nswitch, present a moving target. I stay on topic, which is your(not mine) on record argument:

"...we will follow Paul."

Fine.

Acts 18:18 KJV

18 And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.

How about this as your avatar?:

bald-cartoon-characters-with-glasses-i0.jpg

No this is trickery and you know it...why do you use a trick? Paul never commanded or exhorted me to shave my head...he did exhort me to earnestly covet the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I've not once questioned your salvation.

Then why question that I was baptised in the Holy Ghost?

[You used to question my salvation, so I'm progressing]

Why would anybody lie about it?...it doesn't win anyone an atom of respect, nobody thinks you are smart, they think you are a dogbrain if you say you are Pentecostal.

Mebbe I am not so smart....how come then you cain't throw down my argument? I've seen you skin other people alive with their false doctrines...but me you cain't beat.

It is because you are up against One greater than me, you are railing against scripture...in your heart you know it.

john w

Hall of Fame
No this is trickery and you know it...why do you use a trick? Paul never commanded or exhorted me to shave my head...he did exhort me to earnestly covet the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

"Paul never commanded or exhorted me to shave my head..."

"...we will follow Paul."

Fine. Follow Paul.

Acts 18:18 KJV

18 And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.

=Deception.

Keep posting-shooting fish, in a barrell...

john w

Hall of Fame
Then why question that I was baptised in the Holy Ghost?

[You used to question my salvation, so I'm progressing]

Why would anybody lie about it?...it doesn't win anyone an atom of respect, nobody thinks you are smart, they think you are a dogbrain if you say you are Pentecostal.

Mebbe I am not so smart....how come then you cain't throw down my argument? I've seen you skin other people alive with their false doctrines...but me you cain't beat.

It is because you are up against One greater than me, you are railing against scripture...in your heart you know it.

"Then why question that I was baptised in the Holy Ghost?"-TL

Because you were not "baptised in the Holy Ghost"-pay attention to details.

"in"

No scripture says that. The scripture says "with," and that does not even apply to you, or any member of the boc. Members of the boc are baptised by the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit being the baptizer.

The "with" applies in another dispensation, to already saved individuals, to give them "power from high," the Lord Jesus Christ being the baptizer. And has NADA to do with salvation.

You'd know that, if you'd pay attention to details, as I do. But you don't, explaining why you nut, fruitcake "charismatics," who are saved, embarrass other members of the boc with your Penty lunacy.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"Then why question that I was baptised in the Holy Ghost?"-TL

Because you were not "baptised in the Holy Ghost"-pay attention to details.

"in"

No scripture says that. The scripture says "with," and that does not even apply to you, or any member of the boc. Members of the boc are baptised by the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit being the baptizer.

The "with" applies in another dispensation, to already saved individuals, to give them "power from high," the Lord Jesus Christ being the baptizer. And has NADA to do with salvation.

You'd know that, if you'd pay attention to details, as I do. But you don't, explaining why you nut, fruitcake "charismatics," who are saved, embarrass other members of the boc with your Penty lunacy.

Having the baptism is the important thing...I had neither heard the term Pentecostal or Charismatic...I got the experience, and I have the experience, I learned about it after.

It is very clearly not the same experience of being saved although in my case it was simultaneous.

God will give you what you believe in Him for normally....as it accords with scripture.

Now I have met many THOUSANDS of Christians who I am CERTAIN are saved, but when I listen to them talking I can't help thinking that their experience of being saved doesn't quite match up to the bible....

john w

Hall of Fame
Having the baptism is the important thing...I had neither heard the term Pentecostal or Charismatic...I got the experience, and I have the experience, I learned about it after.

It is very clearly not the same experience of being saved although in my case it was simultaneous.

God will give you what you believe in Him for normally....as it accords with scripture.

Now I have met many THOUSANDS of Christians who I am CERTAIN are saved, but when I listen to them talking I can't help thinking that their experience of being saved doesn't quite match up to the bible....

"Now I have met many THOUSANDS of Christians who I am CERTAIN are saved.."-TL

I never questioned your salvation. Slower:No such thing as baptism "in" the Holy Ghost, as you made up/assert/argue, and the baptism "with" the Holy Ghost has NADA to do with salvation, and does not apply to you/members of the boc.

This dispensation....Memorize: by one Spirit

1 Corinthians 12:13 KJB For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Details......Ask Moses......Abraham....

john w

Hall of Fame
I must be at least your 37th favourite Tots

Good news, Mrs. Lincoln:You are my 23rd favorite Tots!

Bad news, Mrs. Lincoln: I only know 2 Tots.

Puhraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus! Amen!

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"Now I have met many THOUSANDS of Christians who I am CERTAIN are saved.."-TL

I never questioned your salvation. Slower:No such thing as baptism "in" the Holy Ghost, as you made up/assert/argue, and the baptism "with" the Holy Ghost has NADA to do with salvation, and does not apply to you/members of the boc.

This dispensation....Memorize: by one Spirit

1 Corinthians 12:13 KJB For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Details......Ask Moses......Abraham....

After what manner does Paul describe the one body into which we are baptised? has there since appeared another body? with different features and functions?

Is this not the body, having many members? to one is given gifts of healing, to another miracles, to another prophecy, tongues etc
all by the selfsame Spirit?

Is this the body you are speaking about?

john w

Hall of Fame
After what manner does Paul describe the one body into which we are baptised? has there since appeared another body? with different features and functions?

Is this not the body, having many members? to one is given gifts of healing, to another miracles, to another prophecy, tongues etc
all by the selfsame Spirit?

Is this the body you are speaking about?

Nice create a moving target, spin like a top, rabbit trail....

Homey saint John W don't play that....