Christian Group Questions Palin's Pro-life Credentials

LightSon

We may. But shouldn't we also fight the battle head-on as well?

I guess I'm not one of those people who thinks you can only employ one strategy at a time. :)

One (comprehensive) strategy does not require we limit ourselves to a single front in the battle. Head on is one facet, which does not preclude a simulaneous flanking maneuver.

kwiemers77

Probably the first thing that ought to be done is educating the public. Most people who call themselves prolife are also supporters of everything conservative, such as Bush or Palin, and consider them to be completely prolife.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Probably the first thing that ought to be done is educating the public. Most people who call themselves prolife are also supporters of everything conservative, such as Bush or Palin, and consider them to be completely prolife.
And that is certainly one of the goals of Personhood USA, and the primary goal of their website prolifeprofiles.com.

Granite

Hall of Fame
There seems to be a spirit of willful self-defeatism inherent to strategies such as this. A kind of cannibalism at work.

If the ARTL hopes to hold candidates hostage to the ARTL's own standards, then they're not interested in supporting truly pro-life candidates, they're interested in simply getting a politician to publicly tow a line they may or may not truly have any conviction about.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the object is to defeat anyone connected with the Democratic Party which supports federal funding of abortion

that is where you start

DocJohnson

There seems to be a spirit of willful self-defeatism inherent to strategies such as this. A kind of cannibalism at work.

If the ARTL hopes to hold candidates hostage to the ARTL's own standards, then they're not interested in supporting truly pro-life candidates, they're interested in simply getting a politician to publicly tow a line they may or may not truly have any conviction about.

I agree completely.

DocJohnson

I don't consider folks to be pro life if they support abortion do you?

Do you mean supporting abortion only in certain cases or supporting abortion carte blanche?

You see, our side obviously isn't willing to do what needs to be done to win the war. We'll be too busy fighting each other over who's more pro-life... meanwhile, our Leftist government takes another bold step toward forcing us to pay for abortions with our tax money!

This just makes me angry! :madmad:

DocJohnson

I am willing to vote for stinkin republicans because the Democratic Party supports federal funding of abortion

what are you willing to do?

I'm willing to do the same, of course.

I would even vote for an Indie or two if they're more conservative than the RINO or Leftist Dem running against them.

Humpback

I have no clue on what to do about abortion. I had a son out of wed lock. In fact I never did get locked into that futile excersise thank GOD! I had him years ago and was offered the choice. It was 1976. I refused the abortion. I raised him alone. He is ok got a good job. The entertainment industry these days is so gone on sexual in your face senarios its no wonder these young girls and women in general get themselves in trouble. I got no excuse. I got in trouble all by myself. Back in those days you couldn't even say the word **** on television. Now look at whats out there. Its a mans world baby.