Christian Group Questions Palin's Pro-life Credentials

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
hey, I am waiting for you to point out all those republicans who support federal funding of abortion

it is your job

Coincidentally I saw this on the news a few days ago:

http://rawstory.com/2009/11/gop-health-insurance-abortions/

The health insurance plan offered to employees of the Republican National Committee includes coverage for elective abortions, a fact that could compromise the party's insistence that abortion be left out of any health care reform measure.

How about the GOP Chairman? Does he count?

But GOP Chairman Michael Steele, who is presumably covered by the Cigna health plan,...While he describes himself as "pro-life," he has has said that he views abortion as an "individual choice" and has also voiced support for the funding of some types of stem-cell research.

Those who are willing to compromise on killing babies will compromise on anything.

DocJohnson

If a person supports any type of abortion (say cases of rape and incest) then that person is pro-abortion.

There is simply no other way to see it.

I agree, but at least they're 99% on our side.

Less than 1% of abortions are done for reasons of rape and incest.

WandererInFog

If a person supports any type of abortion (say cases of rape and incest) then that person is pro-abortion.

There is simply no other way to see it.

Sure there is, and in fact that other way is the manner in which the vast majority of those who label themselves pro-life, as well as just American society at large, understand and use the terms. Do you really think you're going to change people's minds just by picking a fight over the definition of "pro-life"?

Sozo again

I would have to disagree with this (is that allowed here). I really think it means that they are pro-abortion with exception. Logically, it's still murder.

It's like stealing your neighbors TV, because some 3rd party stole yours. No matter how you look at it, you're still a thief.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it sounds like you all would rather argue about who is pro-life than try to figure out how to reduce the number of abortions

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Should we try to compel them to be 100% on our side or accept our differences? (after all, we are talking about human lives here)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
∅2L84U;2196180 said:
I would have to disagree with this (is that allowed here).
Of course.

I really think it means that they are pro-abortion with exception. Logically, it's still murder.

It's like stealing your neighbors TV, because some 3rd party stole yours. No matter how you look at it, you're still a thief.
Well said. :up:

DocJohnson

Should we try to compel them to be 100% on our side or accept our differences? (after all, we are talking about human lives here)

Vilifying them, demonizing them, and protesting them isn't compelling them to do join our cause. :mmph:

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Vilifying them, demonizing them, and protesting them isn't compelling them to do join our cause. :mmph:

Would you be willing to protest an organization if they supported murdering Italians if it were discovered that they were the product of a rape or incestuous union...but no other ethnic group?

Granite

Hall of Fame

Bees with honey and all that.

In fact, one could make a case that groups such as the ARTL don't show much interest in changing minds at all.

Sozo again

Something is either true or it isn't. Are you suggesting that those who support abortion with exceptions are unfamiliar with the arguments that suggest it's still murder to punish an innocent person for a crime committed by someone else?

As a Christian, would you be willing to stand along side someone who denies that Jesus rose from the dead or that He is God in the flesh, to bring the Gospel to the world? How could you do that with a clear conscience?