Christian Group Questions Palin's Pro-life Credentials

DocJohnson

∅2L84U;2196369 said:
Something is either true or it isn't. Are you suggesting that those who support abortion with exceptions are unfamiliar with the arguments that suggest it's still murder to punish an innocent person for a crime committed by someone else?

As a Christian, would you be willing to stand along side someone who denies that Jesus rose from the dead or that He is God in the flesh, to bring the Gospel to the world? How could you do that with a clear conscience?

You're confusing me with someone who doesn't know the difference. I absolutely do.

What I'm saying is that vilifying, demonizing, and protesting someone because they only agree with you 99% is not going to convince them that they're 1% wrong.

Sozo again

You're confusing me with someone who doesn't know the difference. I absolutely do.

What I'm saying is that vilifying, demonizing, and protesting someone because they only agree with you 99% is not going to convince them that they're 1% wrong.
How do you suggest convincing them, so that you can support them and join them in the battle? If THEY do not stand with the truth, THEY stand against it. How can it be otherwise?

DocJohnson

∅2L84U;2196415 said:
How do you suggest convincing them, so that you can support them and join them in the battle? If THEY do not stand with the truth, THEY stand against it. How can it be otherwise?

By including them in the movement and gradually winning them over 100% using reasoned discussion.

Chasing them in the opposite direction is going to help how exactly?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Chasing them in the opposite direction is going to help how exactly?
ProlifeProfiles.com doesn't chase anyone away. It merely states well known political and media personalities actual stance on abortion.

If they choose to see their own stance as a threat maybe they should reconsider their own stance. :idunno:

DocJohnson

ProlifeProfiles.com doesn't chase anyone away. It merely states well known political and media personalities actual stance on abortion.

If they choose to see their own stance as a threat maybe they should reconsider their own stance.

Again, I'm directing my anger towards those who actively vilify, demonize, and protest individuals who agree 99% with our cause.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Again, I'm directing my anger towards those who actively vilify, demonize, and protest individuals who agree 99% with our cause.

just look at the health care bill

there are many who are for abortion but oppose federal funding for it

we should be willing to work with them to get whatever we can get

Sozo again

Do you think it would be wrong if well known evangelists/pastors/teachers/etc. were exposed for denying an essential of the faith? Don't you think it's important that the millions of people who think someone is pro-life are informed that they are not?

DocJohnson

∅2L84U;2196516 said:
Do you think it would be wrong if well known evangelists/pastors/teachers/etc. were exposed for denying an essential of the faith? Don't you think it's important that the millions of people who think someone is pro-life are informed that they are not?

Informing someone is one thing.

Vilifying, demonizing, and protesting is another. :mmph:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
∅2L84U;2196516 said:

why don't you start by informing them that the Democratic Party supports federal funding of abortion?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
∅2L84U;2196553 said:
When the truth has been revealed and the person refuses to acknowledge it, what do you suggest be the next step?

getting in touch with reality

DocJohnson

∅2L84U;2196553 said:
When the truth has been revealed and the person refuses to acknowledge it, what do you suggest be the next step?

I suppose it's beyond the comprehension of the emotionally attached to simply ask them to move on to the next person?

The answer certainly is not to vilify, demonize, and protest someone who agrees with you 99%. :mmph:

Sozo again

Doc, on another thread you said...

tol⋅er⋅ate [verb] - to allow the existence, presence, practice, or act of without prohibition or hindrance; permit; support; to endure without repugnance; put up with.

This means you have to be able to tolerate anything and everything under the sun. I, for one, cannot and will not do that.

Do you tolerate those who rape, murder, steal, lie, cheat, etc.?

I sure don't.

Tolerance is evil becase it means you have to be permissive of everything, including evil.

Why are you willing to "tolerate" this?

DocJohnson

∅2L84U;2196720 said:
What does this mean?

It means you're beating a dead horse. If they don't see the truth, they won't see it even if you're vilifying, demonzing, and protesting them.

∅2L84U;2196720 said:

See above.

This is a war. In war you have to accept allies you may not agree with 100%. Just look at World War II. We allied ourselves with our enemy... the Soviet Union.

Someone who agrees with us 99% is a good enough start, and they will become obsolete once we win the war.

∅2L84U;2196814 said:
Doc, on another thread you said...

Why are you willing to "tolerate" this?

Tolerate what, exactly?