Christian Group Questions Palin's Pro-life Credentials

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My gut feeling when it comes to Sarah Palin is that she's committed to Sarah Palin. She may bellyfeel a few different issues more than others but at the end of the day her advancement's all that she really cares about.

When it comes to pro-life issues I suspect she, like many, talks a good game...and that's about it.
Wow.... I really agree with you here.

I haven't jumped on the Palin bandwagon.

There is something about her that strikes me as either really fake or really goofy when she's interviewed. (maybe both)

Yet... the masses of "conservatives" are starving for a leader and it looks like they have picked her regardless of what she really stands for. :idunno:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So is there, in your opinion, a way to challenge people to be pro life, without exception, without being guilty of what you call bickering?
That's a very good question.

Should we never question or investigate anyone who calls themselves pro life? Shouldn't we look at their record and see if they REALLY are promoting pro life causes and not promoting abortion? Have we reached the point where anyone that labels themselves as prolife is beyond reproach? If that's the case, we sure are an easy bunch to manipulate. :(

Last edited:

DocJohnson

That has been our history. I, for one, would like to get out of that rut.

"It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth - and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts... For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it might cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it."

- Patrick Henry

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My gut feeling when it comes to Sarah Palin is that she's committed to Sarah Palin. She may bellyfeel a few different issues more than others but at the end of the day her advancement's all that she really cares about.

When it comes to pro-life issues I suspect she, like many, talks a good game...and that's about it.

I too agree, even though I have dropped out of the political, manly due to my limited mental facility for discerning the crux of these matters, I do believe Palin is not electable,, that she knows it and has learned something of the campaign process, more related to monetary gain than real politics. I doubt she plans on committing herself to winning an election, thus her motive might be purely financial.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
That has been our history. I, for one, would like to get out of that rut.

Prediction: Obama will run short of magic charms and the most probable replacement will be a social conservative. Not another Bush neocon, but a social conservative who is fiscally responsible.

LightSon

Prediction: Obama will run short of magic charms and the most probable replacement will be a social conservative. Not another Bush neocon, but a social conservative who is fiscally responsible.

Care to float the names of a few socially conservative, fiscally responsible types who are electable, in your view?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Care to float the names of a few socially conservative, fiscally responsible types who are electable, in your view?

Ever had an intuitive hunch? My previous post clearly stated I am out of being politically informed.

DocJohnson

I doubt she plans on committing herself to winning an election, thus her motive might be purely financial.

I don't believe she will either.

Palin has been attacked on all sides... from every possible angle... and from people in every possible party affiliation. She's spent the past year dealing with frivolous lawsuit after frivolous lawsuit, forcing her to resign her position as governor. This book deal will at least help her recover the money she lost defending herself.

I've been a member of some very prominent pro-life movements for the past 20 years, including Operation Rescue and TheCall. I stood side-by-side with people who didn't necessarily agree with me 100%, but they were still there nonetheless fighting for the lives of the innocent.

Never in my long history with the pro-life cause have I encountered such a divisive, hurtful movement targeted specifically at those same people who stood with me.

It angers me that some have decided to take the cause in this direction.

WandererInFog

Yet... the masses of "conservatives" are starving for a leader and it looks like they have picked her regardless of what she really stands for. :idunno:

Actually, she's coming in a distant third behind both Huckabee and Romney in polls regarding the 2012 Republican primary. If anyone is emerging at this point as the favorite of Christian conservatives, it's Huckabee.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Doc J I understand that you are angry, but are you too angry to consider this question?
So is there, in your opinion, a way to challenge people to be pro life, without exception, without being guilty of what you call bickering?

For the purposes of this thread, unless their name is Alan Keyes, they're not pro-life enough to run for office.
I would vote for Congressman Bob Dornan
How about you Doc J? Do you believe that every baby, without exception, has a God given right to life? If you do, I would vote for someone like you!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth - and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts... For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it might cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it."

- Patrick Henry
Doc J
I fear that it might be you, who is shutting your eyes to the painful truth that the strategy of the pro life movement, over the last 40 years has failed miserably. Do yourself a favor and please listen to this broadcast with an open heart.

DocJohnson

Doc J
I fear that it might be you, who is shutting your eyes to the painful truth that the strategy of the pro life movement, over the last 40 years has failed miserably. Do yourself a favor and please listen to this broadcast with an open heart.

Del, as a member of several pro-life organizations for the past 20 years, I've heard all the arguments.

Please read what I have stated on this entire thread.

Sozo again

Oh brother :rolleyes:

Doc just wants those of us who are 100% pro-life to work together and not demonize those who are 99% pro-life.

Is that too much to ask?

After we do that, then Doc would have those of us who believe that Jesus took 100% of all sin for 100% of all men for 100% of all time, join together in sharing the gospel with those who believe that Jesus took 99% of all sin, for 99% of all men, for 99% of all time.

Is that to much to ask?

DocJohnson

∅2L84U;2198618 said:
Doc just wants those of us who are 100% pro-life to work together and not demonize those who are 99% pro-life.

Is that too much to ask?

After we do that, then Doc would have those of us who believe that Jesus took 100% of all sin for 100% of all men for 100% of all time, join together in sharing the gospel with those who believe that Jesus took 99% of all sin, for 99% of all men, for 99% of all time.

Is that to much to ask?

There are those on this site, Knight included, who believe in OSAS, so you might gain more friends by suggesting that.

I'm not a OSAS subscriber, however, so you're analysis of me is incorrect, as usual.

Sozo again

There are those on this site, Knight included, who believe in OSAS, so you might gain more friends by suggesting that.

I'm not a OSAS subscriber, however, so you're analysis of me is incorrect, as usual.
Irrelevant to my point. I will just move on having the knowledge that you simply don't understand anything myself, Delmar, or Knight has tried to explain to you. You simply just don't get it, and the sad part is, you THINK you do.

DocJohnson

∅2L84U;2198660 said:
Irrelevant to my point. I will just move on having the knowledge that you simply don't understand anything myself, Delmar, or Knight has tried to explain to you. You simply just don't get it, and the sad part is, you THINK you do.

Wrong again. I understand your point. I just don't agree with it.