Christian Group Questions Palin's Pro-life Credentials

DocJohnson

∅2L84U;2197836 said:
I'll start a thread sometime. How's that?

We'll post a few of Bickle's video's, quotes, etc., and then we will look at the special prophets and apostles we should expect, or the "manifestation of the sons of God" teaching.

Should be fun!

It's already been done.

Why not just point out, briefly, which of IHOP's beliefs you disagree with?

Sozo again

It's already been done.

Why not just point out, briefly, which of IHOP's beliefs you disagree with?

Bickle has been creating facades for many, many, years. He is very good at it. That is how he sucks people in.

I'm not going to divert this thread any further. I will bring the evidence, and plenty of it.

I am curious though, would you say that the leadership of IHOP is of the same opinion as you when it comes to fighting abortion?

DocJohnson

I was interested in what you had to say.

So, I'm forced to repeat myself.

Abortion is wrong, and there is no acceptable excuse for it to happen.

Me thinks you are being a tad bit defensive.

I probably am because I'm angry.

∅2L84U;2197869 said:
Bickle has been creating facades for many, many, years. He is very good at it. That is how he sucks people in.

You're assuming too much, first and foremost that I'm some Mike Bickle zombie minion.

∅2L84U;2197869 said:
I'm not going to divert this thread any further. I will bring the evidence, and plenty of it.

Bring it now. You brought it up. Now you need to back it up.

∅2L84U;2197869 said:
I am curious though, would you say that the leadership of IHOP is of the same opinion as you when it comes to fighting abortion?

TheCall does not discriminate against people who only agree with them 99% of the time.

DocJohnson

∅2L84U;2197892 said:
I'm not a part of any "group", I'm just 100% against abortion, just like I'm 100% for Jesus. I tend to discount those who are only 99%, as I hoped you would.

Nope. I'm not on this earth to condemn someone because they don't agree with you 100%.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope. I'm not on this earth to condemn someone because they don't agree with you 100%.
I think we can all agree with that.

But let me ask you... since you are 100% against abortion (which is awesome) what percentage against abortion do you believe Sarah Palin is?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think we can all agree with that.

But let me ask you... since you are 100% against abortion (which is awesome) what percentage against abortion do you believe Sarah Palin is?

I don't think you can always quantify personal opinions and convictions into some type of percentage, Knight.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think you can always quantify personal opinions and convictions into some type of percentage, Knight.
That's true. And I am certainly not looking for an exact percentage, after all it was Doc who brought up percentages in the first place so I was only following suit.

But based on her public record what's your gutt feel as to how committed she really is to pro life issues?

And, by the way if there is anything on her record you see that is error you can win $100!

DocJohnson

That's true. And I am certainly not looking for an exact percentage, after all it was Doc who brought up percentages in the first place so I was only following suit.

But based on her public record what's your gutt feel as to how committed she really is to pro life issues?

And, by the way if there is anything on her record you see that is error you can win $100!

My question is... why are we wasting our breath talking about Sarah Palin when she's not even running for office?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My question is... why are we wasting our breath talking about Sarah Palin when she's not even running for office?
That's a fair question.

I guess it's because most people believe she will be a candidate at some point in the future, and she has been elevated to near "divine" status by many conservative Christians who assume she represents a true pro life position.

Why are you wasting your breath defending her?

DocJohnson

That's a fair question.

I guess it's because most people believe she will be a candidate at some point in the future, and she has been elevated to near "divine" status by many conservative Christians who assume she represents a true pro life position.

Why are you wasting your breath defending her?

All I've done is point out that it's a waste of time to vilify, demonize and protest anyone just because they only agree with you 99%.

That's not where our energy should be focused.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe that's not where your energy is focused. Heck it's not even where MY energy is focused. :) But I am thankful for those who are willing to point out the real record of folks who call themselves pro life.

By the way... where is my energy focused?? :confused:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's impossible.

Are you willing to do what needs to be done to reverse it, though?

Hint: it doesn't include bickering about who hates abortion more.
So is there, in your opinion, a way to challenge people to be pro life, without exception, without being guilty of what you call bickering?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All I've done is point out that it's a waste of time to vilify, demonize and protest anyone just because they only agree with you 99%.

Just so you know,a politician who appoints a planned parenthood board member to the state supreme court, does not mostly agree with me.

Granite

Hall of Fame

My gut feeling when it comes to Sarah Palin is that she's committed to Sarah Palin. She may bellyfeel a few different issues more than others but at the end of the day her advancement's all that she really cares about.

When it comes to pro-life issues I suspect she, like many, talks a good game...and that's about it.