Theology Club: circumcised vs uncircumcised

way 2 go

Jesus & the twelve preached a gospel to the circumcised

Mat 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Paul & the twelve agreed on separate ministries circumcised & uncircumcised

Gal 2:7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised
Gal 2:8 (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles),
Gal 2:9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

Paul preached his unique gospel to the uncircumcised
Rom 16:25 Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages

and Paul is the pattern to follow for the uncircumcised
1Ti 1:16 But for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all long-suffering, as a pattern to those being about to believe on Him to life everlasting.

Jerry Shugart

I think Paul would preach to anyone who listened.

So you admit that Paul's ministry was not limited to those of the uncircumcision.

Do you also understand that those of the circumcision to whom Paul preached the gospel of the circumcision were saved by believing that gospel?

way 2 go

Did not Paul preach to those of the circumcision after the events described at Galatians 2?

Jesus had gentile dogs in his audience
but his message was still to the circumcision.

Paul had circumcised in his audience but his
gospel was of uncircumcision

Jesus never did away with circumcision.
Paul's Mid Acts Dispensation did.

Jerry Shugart

Paul had circumcised in his audience but his gospel was of uncircumcision.

What about the times when Paul preached exclusively to the Jews in the synagogues?

Did he preach the gospel of the uncircumcision to all the Jews in the synagogues which he visited?

beloved57

waytogo:

Paul preached his unique gospel to the uncircumcised

Thats a Lie, He preached it to both ! Rom 1:14-16

14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

He preached to both here Acts 17:1-4

1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

Jerry Shugart

Thats a Lie, He preached it to both ! Rom 1:14-16

You are the liar! As usual you cannot tell the truth from fiction.

Paul preached two different gospels and the one which he preached to the Jews is not the same one which he preached to the Gentiles.

You are a fool and it is ridiculous for you to call amyone on this thread a liar.

beloved57

You are the liar! As usual you cannot tell the truth from fiction.

Paul preached two different gospels and the one which he preached to the Jews is not the same one which he preached to the Gentiles.

You are a fool and it is ridiculous for you to call amyone on this thread a liar.

You are teaching a lie, Paul did not preach Two different Gospels, the same Gospel to the jew and to the Greek Rom 1:16 !

Posted from the TOL App!

Jerry Shugart

You are teaching a lie, Paul did not preach Two different Gospels, the same Gospel to the jew and to the Greek Rom 1:16 !

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

To the Jews Paul preached the good news or gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Acts 9:20:22). And the Jews who believed that truth were born of God and received life the moment when they believed (1 Jn.5:1-5; Jn.20:31).

To the Gentiles Paul preached a gospel or the good news that Jesus died for our sins (1 Cor.15:3) and those who believed that truth were saved the moment when they believed.

Anyone with the slightest degree of discernment knows that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is not the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

But you are unable to understand this simple thing because you remain a natural man:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

beloved57

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

To the Jews Paul preached the good news or gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Acts 9:20:22). And the Jews who believed that truth were born of God and received life the moment when they believed (1 Jn.5:1-5; Jn.20:31).

To the Gentiles Paul preached a gospel or the good news that Jesus died for our sins (1 Cor.15:3) and those who believed that truth were saved the moment when they believed.

Anyone with the slightest degree of discernment knows that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is not the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

But you are unable to understand this simple thing because you remain a natural man:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

Paul preached the same Gospel to the jew and Gentile Rom 1:15-16 !

Posted from the TOL App!

Jerry Shugart

Paul preached the same Gospel to the jew and Gentile Rom 1:15-16 !

Once again you prove that you cannot even understand the most simple things found in the Bible. The "good news" or gospel that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is NOT the same "good news" or gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Instead of being able to discuss these facts in an intelligent manner you just cite the following verse, a verse which you do not even understand:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).​

It was indeed "good news" in regard to Christ which was first preached to the Jews. And later the Gentiles also received "good news" concerning Christ.

But the "good news" preached to the Jews was not the same "good news" which was preached to the Gentiles.

Of course you are unable to understand these simple things because your put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.

Even to this day you remain a natural man and not a spiritual one and that explains why you cannot understand these simple things.

beloved57

Once again you prove that you cannot even understand the most simple things found in the Bible. The "good news" or gospel that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is NOT the same "good news" or gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Instead of being able to discuss these facts in an intelligent manner you just cite the following verse, a verse which you do not even understand:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).​

It was indeed "good news" in regard to Christ which was first preached to the Jews. And later the Gentiles also received "good news" concerning Christ.

But the "good news" preached to the Jews was not the same "good news" which was preached to the Gentiles.

Of course you are unable to understand these simple things because your put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.

Even to this day you remain a natural man and not a spiritual one and that explains why you cannot understand these simple things.

Paul preached the same Gospel to both the jew and Gentile, it is right before your eyes Rom 1:15-16 but you must believe a lie !

Posted from the TOL App!

way 2 go

What about the times when Paul preached exclusively to the Jews in the synagogues?

Did he preach the gospel of the uncircumcision to all the Jews in the synagogues which he visited?

Paul preached the gospel of uncircumcision

Act 18:12 But when Gallio was proconsul of Achaia, the Jews made a united attack on Paul and brought him before the tribunal,
Act 18:13 saying, "This man is persuading people to worship God contrary to the law."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The gospel is for Jew and Gentile.

1 Corinthians 7:18 NASB - Was any man called when he was already circumcised? He is not to become uncircumcised. Has anyone been called in uncircumcision? He is not to be circumcised.

Jerry Shugart

The gospel is for Jew and Gentile.

1 Corinthians 7:18 NASB - Was any man called when he was already circumcised? He is not to become uncircumcised. Has anyone been called in uncircumcision? He is not to be circumcised.

The verse which you quote proves absolutely nothing. And so far no one has even attempted to discuss what I said earlier in an intelligent manner. Here it is again:

beloved57

I explained Romans 1:15 and of course you had no response to what I said.

Its no explanation for it, you are denying an obviously stated Truth, Paul preached the same Gospel to both jew and Gentile Rom 1:15-16

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Another place Paul preached the same Gospel of Christ in the synagouge of the jews, and some jews believed and many greeks believed, the same Gospel Acts 17:1-4

Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

So again, you are a deceiver !

Jerry Shugart

Its no explanation for it, you are denying an obviously stated Truth, Paul preached the same Gospel to both jew and Gentile Rom 1:15-16

There are many instances in the book of Acts where we see Paul preaching a gospel to the Jews. Just quote one place where Paul told them that Christ died for their sins!

To the Jews Paul preached the good news or gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Acts 9:20-22). And the Jews who believed that truth were born of God and received life the moment when they believed (1 Jn.5:1-5; Jn.20:31).

Your spiritual I.Q. is zero and that is why you refuse to deal with these facts.

beloved57

jerry

There are many instances in the book of Acts where we see Paul preaching a gospel to the Jews. Just quote one place where Paul told them that Christ died for their sins!

I cant help it if you are blind to the Truth staring you right in the face ! Rom 1:15-16; Acts 17:1-4 !