Theology Club: circumcised vs uncircumcised

beloved57

All I see is you running away as fast as you can from these facts:

To the Jews Paul preached the good news or gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Acts 9:20-22). And the Jews who believed that truth were born of God and received life the moment when they believed (1 Jn.5:1-5; Jn.20:31).

To the Gentiles Paul preached a gospel or the good news that Jesus died for our sins (1 Cor.15:3) and those who believed that truth were saved the moment when they believed.

Anyone with the slightest degree of spiritual discernment knows that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is not the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Run, coward, run!

All I see is that you can't see ! It's plain as day that Paul preached the same Gospel to both the jew and the Gentile Rom 1:15-16 and he preached to them in Vs 4 that Jesus was the Son of God !

Posted from the TOL App!

Jerry Shugart

All I see is that you can't see ! It's plain as day that Paul preached the same Gospel to both the jew and the Gentile Rom 1:15-16 and he preached to them in Vs 4 that Jesus was the Son of God !

Only a fool like you would argue that the gospel that believers are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus is the same gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Do you never tire of making a fool out of yourself?

beloved57

Only a fool like you would argue that the gospel that believers are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus is the same gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Do you never tire of making a fool out of yourself?

I'm Glad God has given me this opportunity to expose your blindness of mind. Its right before the whole world that Paul preached the same Gospel to jews and Gentiles Rom 1:15-16,4

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Scriptures will be searched in vain for any of the Apostles preaching a gospel that speaks of the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross--that believers are justified freely by grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Even many of the most influential Acts 2 dispensationalists understand this fact. So the gospel preached to the Jews prior to the conversation of Paul said nothing about the purpose of the Cross so therefore that was not the same gospel as the gospel of grace.
We know that Jesus preached the truth to the disciples (the apostles), and that the Holy Spirit reminded them of the things He had said.

John 14:26 NASB - "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Jerry Shugart

We know that Jesus preached the truth to the disciples (the apostles), and that the Holy Spirit reminded them of the things He had said.

John 14:26 NASB - "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Nothing you said answered my points.

The Scriptures will be searched in vain for any of the Apostles preaching a gospel that speaks of the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross--that believers are justified freely by grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Even many of the most influential Acts 2 dispensationalists understand this fact. So the gospel preached to the Jews prior to the conversation of Paul said nothing about the purpose of the Cross so therefore that was not the same gospel as the gospel of grace.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Nothing you said answered my points.

It is only by God's grace that the Spirit of God came to dwell in those who believed by faith. The Spirit of God worked in both Jews and Gentiles at the preaching of Peter. I personally believe this was before the preaching of Paul (to the Gentiles, that is). This is not a different Spirit of God than that which Paul spoke of.

I have clarified my answer, and I don't see how what I have said can be contradicted. I only see that the truth of God is that there is one gospel message of God's grace and salvation for Jew and Gentile alike.

Jerry Shugart

I'm Glad God has given me this opportunity to expose your blindness of mind. Its right before the whole world that Paul preached the same Gospel to jews and Gentiles Rom 1:15-16,4

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

You just assume that the "good news" preached to the Jews was the same "good news" which was preached to the Gentiles. But let us look at what the Apostle Paul preached to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

Those who believe that gospel receive life and are therefore saved the moment when they believe:

"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name"(Jn.20:30-31).​

That gospel is not the same as the "gospel of grace," which declares that believers are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

You are so spiritually blind you are willing to argue that the gospel that believers are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus is the same exact gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!!!

What a fool!

Jerry Shugart

It is only by God's grace that the Spirit of God came to dwell in those who believed by faith. The Spirit of God worked in both Jews and Gentiles at the preaching of Peter. I personally believe this was before the preaching of Paul (to the Gentiles, that is). This is not a different Spirit of God than that which Paul spoke of.

The gospel of grace declares that believers are are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Anyone with an open mind knows that that is not the same gospel which declares that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

You obviously put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The gospel of grace declares that believers are are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Anyone with an open mind knows that that is not the same gospel which declares that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

You obviously put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.
I believe all the apostles taught that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. This in no way contracts any other Biblical fact.

Jerry Shugart

I believe all the apostles taught that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. This in no way contracts any other Biblical fact.

You are unable to carry on an intelligent conversation.

The discussion is not whether or not anything taught by the Apostles contradicted what any of the other Apostles taught.

The discussion is about whether or not there were two different gospels preached during the Acts period.

The gospel that believers are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus is NOT the same gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!!!

In order to believe that they are the same gospel a person has to be delusional.

You have said nothing that demonstrates that you have even an elementary understanding about these things. You are obviously new to Bible study so I woud recommend that you cease from wasting my time and instead study what the Bible says about these things.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are unable to carry on an intelligent conversation.

The discussion is not whether or not anything taught by the Apostles contradicted what any of the other Apostles taught.

The discussion is about whether or not there were two different gospels preached during the Acts period.

The gospel that believers are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus is NOT the same gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!!!

In order to believe that they are the same gospel a person has to be delusional.

You have said nothing that demonstrates that you have even an elementary understanding about these things. You are obviously new to Bible study so I woud recommend that you cease from wasting my time and instead study what the Bible says about these things.
The truth from God, the word of God, can only be the gospel of God.

Remember, the gospel is for the Jew and for the Gentile. It is not one way for Jews and another way for Gentiles.

Remember, when you study this question that you need to take in the full breadth of the scriptures. Don't just read one verse and accuse Peter of not preaching the gospel while at the same time you believe he taught/preached the truth.

Jerry Shugart

Remember, the gospel is for the Jew and for the Gentile. It is not one way for Jews and another way for Gentiles.

Remember, when you study this question that you need to take in the full breadth of the scriptures. Don't just read one verse and accuse Peter of not preaching the gospel while at the same time you believe he taught/preached the truth.

You only prove that you have no answer to what I said here:

To the Jews Paul preached the good news or gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Acts 9:20-22). And the Jews who believed that truth were born of God and received life the moment when they believed (1 Jn.5:1-5; Jn.20:31).

To the Gentiles Paul preached a gospel or the good news that Jesus died for our sins (1 Cor.15:3) and those who believed that truth were saved the moment when they believed.

Anyone with the slightest degree of spiritual discernment knows that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is not the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You only prove that you have no answer to what I said here:

I have already answered you.

However, let me answer in brief here again.

That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is good news. That Jesus died for our sins is good news. The apostles preached both.

beloved57

You just assume that the "good news" preached to the Jews was the same "good news" which was preached to the Gentiles. But let us look at what the Apostle Paul preached to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

Those who believe that gospel receive life and are therefore saved the moment when they believe:

"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name"(Jn.20:30-31).​

That gospel is not the same as the "gospel of grace," which declares that believers are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

You are so spiritually blind you are willing to argue that the gospel that believers are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus is the same exact gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!!!

What a fool!

People need to take heed of how real being deceived is, you are a prime example. It's plain as day that Paul preached the same Gospel to the jew and Gentile Rom 1:15-16 !

Posted from the TOL App!

Jerry Shugart

I have already answered you.

However, let me answer in brief here again.

That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is good news. That Jesus died for our sins is good news. The apostles preached both.

Give me one instance where any Apostle preached that Christ died for our sins before Paul did.

Just one!

It's always someone elses fault, never Jerry's. Jerry is a coward who always runs away from a good fight or tough conversation.

Jerry Shugart

It's always someone elses fault, never Jerry's. Jerry is a coward who always runs away from a good fight or tough conversation.

I have answered every single verse on this thread. It is you cowards who run as fast as you can to avoid answering these facts:

beloved57

Give me one instance where any Apostle preached that Christ died for our sins before Paul did.

Just one!

Peter preached it, for it was according to scripture. 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Peter is referring to the same scriptures as Paul Isa 53:5-6

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

The scriptures would have been more familiar to the jews at corinth rather than the gentiles !

So your request is invalid !

beloved57

jerry

Paul preached the same Gospel of Christ to the jew as to the Greek, its right here Rom 1:15-16

beloved57

jerry

To the Jews Paul preached the good news or gospel that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God

Phillip preached it to the gentile ethiopian that Jesus was the Son of God, thats obvious from here Acts 8:35-37

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.