Criticizing Lawyers, Teachers & Dating

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Anyone genuinely interested will appreciate your clarifications and knowledge on the matter. Those not will listen only to what they want to hear.
I'm less concerned with Stripe who can't be expected to understand the ins and outs of a system he isn't actually a participant in and our discussion was more generally philosophical. But pretending that the other gentleman entered to criticize the system, that's the sort of distortion and willful mischaracterization that has to be met with the calm, deliberate reason it lacks...and I mean to, whoever advances it.

As to his complaint about being spoken to, it was in response to his general post not directed to Stripe and insulting the profession. Regarding his don't talk to me nonsense, I direct you to this bit elsewhere: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3388942&postcount=85

That was his introductory post in the thread where he hadn't been so much as inferentially noted by me when it was made.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Anyone genuinely interested will appreciate your clarifications and knowledge on the matter. Those not will listen only to what they want to hear.

Town is offering his opinions, nothing more. I have no interest in Town's opinions.

Meanwhile, because of the attorney who was "just doing his job", a mother has been stabbed to death and a ten year old girl has been raped and scarred for life.

What do you think artie?

Last edited:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
* Aurora Killer’s Judge Mocks Justice: The judge in the Aurora Theatre Massacre case has entered a plea of “not guilty” on behalf of the killer. Find out why that judge, Blackstone and all the other lawyers are mostly wrong when it comes to justice.

:think:

Hey Jeff - Bob's still running a call-in radio show, right?

We've got a fellow here on the site who appears to strongly disagree with Bob when it comes to his views on the legal system and the current state of "justice". This fellow likes to posture as being an expert on the law and he uses lots of convoluted words and phrasings - sounds like he'd be a natural for the show.

I don't know if if he'd have the fortitude to actually defend his viewpoint on the show or not - I remember the last time I encouraged somebody to do this they tucked tail and ran squalling like a scared little girl with a skinned knee. :chuckle:

Do you suppose you could provide the call-in number again?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Do you mean in theory? If so, I'd agree. However in the real world I think there is a different story.

Are you suggesting that it should be expected that, with a flawed imperfect world, the dishonest and corrupt should be expected to appear to take advantage of it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We've got a fellow here on the site who appears to strongly disagree with Bob when it comes to his views on the legal system and the current state of "justice".
I don't know Bob's views on the subject. I know he isn't a lawyer. I haven't seen him discuss it in the forum.

This fellow likes to posture as being an expert on the law
No, I don't posture. I am an expert on some aspects of the law and generally trained and particularly experienced in its practice. I've worked at both the trial and appellate levels and in both criminal defense and civil litigation. I also did a stint for the Attorney General's office.

and he uses lots of convoluted words and phrasings - sounds like he'd be a natural for the show.
Not particularly true. Words aren't convoluted just because they aren't part of your vocabulary. And I mostly don't use terms of art without an explanation of what they mean. So there's really no reason for anyone to be confused on a point I raise relating to the subject.

I don't know if if he'd have the fortitude to actually defend his viewpoint on the show or not
You mean interest. I'd forgotten you like to do this, try to get other people you feel more confident in to fight your battles. I recall it from the thread you're about to reference. You did a little, "So and so would get you" nonsense and coupled it with a declaration that you had an argument but you never made it...then you "challenged" me to make one for you and declared what follows when I didn't.

If Bob or anyone wants to talk about the law here I'm interested. This is the medium I've chosen. I'm not interested in radio, or television or a formal debate at the town hall of your choosing. Characterize that any way you want to. Here is where we are and here I've been, willing to discuss with anyone who steps in.

- I remember the last time I encouraged somebody to do this they tucked tail and ran squalling like a scared little girl with a skinned knee. :chuckle:
That's what you said all right. It was as silly then too.

Oh, and I noted prior that the post/conversation you declared me interrupting was actually generally a summary without particular address and that your asking me to not address you is funny given you started that in the personal insult thread. Want the link?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Are you suggesting that it should be expected that, with a flawed imperfect world, the dishonest and corrupt should be expected to appear to take advantage of it?

Not exactly. :eek: No. And I don't agree with your blanket characterization of lawyers as being dishonest and corrupt that take advantage of an imperfect world.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Not exactly. :eek: No. And I don't agree with your blanket characterization of lawyers as being dishonest and corrupt that take advantage of an imperfect world.

I don't believe I made a blanket characterization :think:

What do you think of the lawyer who arranged for the pedophile to murder the mother and rape her ten year old daughter? **

**not all lawyers arrange for pedophiles to rape and murder

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...What do you think of the lawyer who arranged for the pedophile to murder the mother and rape her ten year old daughter? **
I think it is at best a grotesque misstatement of fact and at worst defamation.

In the same sense that not all members of the clergy abuse children.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't believe I made a blanket characterization :think:

What do you think of the lawyer who arranged for the pedophile to murder the mother and rape her ten year old daughter? **

What happened is tragic. But it isn't accurate to say the lawyer arranged it to happen. Even if he did, what would you propose? What is your point?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can't imagine why Town's responding to a post I made to Jeff :idunno:
Because it was made about me. Were there any reasonable doubt your misstep with the little girl reference, one you made previously to anna in discussing your purported challenge on concocting a secular argument against homosexual unions being recognized, calculated as it was establishes that as it does the trolling nature of why you're here.

Please stop responding to my posts
I think I will, because it's self evident that the opposite is what you want.

Kmo, it's all yours. I'm unsubscribing. :e4e:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
What happened is tragic.

Indeed it is.

But not unexpected, given the current state of our failed "justice" system.

But it isn't accurate to say the lawyer arranged it to happen.

It would be more accurate to say that he arranged the circumstances that allowed it to happen.

Even if he did, what would you propose? What is your point?

Well, as I said to Stripe many posts ago, do you see any reason why that attorney shouldn't be sitting right next to Renz when they throw the switch?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I can't imagine why you're still responding to my posts after stating that you would stop.

It's as if you're determined to prove how childish you are.

Please stop responding to me or the posts I make.

kmo - what do you think?

Should that lawyer have to answer for the results of his actions or was he just "doing his job"?

Arthur Brain

Town is offering his opinions, nothing more. I have no interest in Town's opinions.

No, he's rebutting the ignorance of those who don't know how the law works from the perspective of one who's been actively involved in the legal profession. If his 'opinion' means nothing to you on the basis of that then you're simply not interested in objective discussion.

Meanwhile, because of the attorney who was "just doing his job", a mother has been stabbed to death and a ten year old girl has been raped and scarred for life.

What do you think artie?

I think you have no idea how the process works to attach sole blame to the lawyer for a start. I'm no expert in law myself but I know enough that your premise is just plain daft. As to what happened it's tragic obviously and nobody denies that. No system gets things right 100% of the time unfortunately.

Arthur Brain

I can't imagine why you're still responding to my posts after stating that you would stop.

It's as if you're determined to prove how childish you are.

Please stop responding to me or the posts I make.

Then stop defaming the legal profession, quit referring to him in any guise including indirectly and that should happen.

:e4e: