Dear Mr. President...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Have you seriously bought into the non-sense conspiracy that Obama is secretly a Muslim?

Obama is an atheist.

However, he's a Muslim sympathizer.

In Obama's case, an enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine. Obama hates Christians, and so do Muslims. Thus Obama always sides with the Muslims.

Zeke

Good luck with that Q! You voted for a closet, devious Muslim. You and others like you have sown the wind and now the world is reaping the whirlwind! World War Three is now imminent.
And we may thank the President of the United States for this.

Come on Bybee, both parties an oxymoron, and the voter have been responsible for the condition of this nation, The dependent voter being ignorant of its actual "none" impact on who gets appointed as the next CEO.

Platitudes is the name of the political game, go back to any election and they are saying and using the same script, its rigged and wrapped in deception and survives and relies on the emotional instability of the public citizen.

Why are you not wringing you're hands over the lies Skull and Bones Bush told, or why the patriot act was ready to go but just needed some pearl harbor like event, next thing you know ISIS will be blamed for stealing all those weapons of mass distraction etc..........................

Buzzword

Come on Bybee, both parties an oxymoron, and the voter have been responsible for the condition of this nation, The dependent voter being ignorant of its actual "none" impact on who gets appointed as the next CEO.

Platitudes is the name of the political game, go back to any election and they are saying and using the same script, its rigged and wrapped in deception and survives and relies on the emotional instability of the public citizen.

And then there's Bernie...

Why are you not wringing you're hands over the lies Skull and Bones Bush told, or why the patriot act was ready to go but just needed some pearl harbor like event, next thing you know ISIS will be blamed for stealing all those weapons of mass distraction etc..........................

This is the real question.
That, and "Why aren't Bush and company actually being tried for the war crimes with which several countries have charged them?"

bybee

The first time we tried to issue a declaration of war against a militant group in this century, we ended up in Afghanistan.

We're still there, by the way.

Then we invaded Iraq and took out some of their national military, received the military's surrender, and started fighting civilian militant insurgents.

We're still there as well.

In neither case was there apparently a clear-cut goal in mind, and once we started fighting civilians it was like we had put our troops on a treadmill.
A treadmill that they can only fall off of, in body bags or wheelchairs or PTSD pillbottles.
A treadmill they're still on, and one we're not giving them much hope of escaping at the moment.

Our statutes for declaring war were designed with NATIONS in mind, that two or more NATIONS would go to war and fight until one or more was annihilated or conquered, or voluntarily surrendered and its leaders or ambassador brought in to sign a ceasefire or peace treaty.

The NATO treaty was similarly designed, and since the end of the Cold War it has become increasingly obsolete.

What too few people who cry out for militarily-inflicted vengeance realize is that anyone can choose to become a terrorist at any time.

Even if we followed the proposition vehemently supported by too many on TOL and killed every practicing or identifying Muslim on Earth, we could have twice the number of terrorists within two weeks of that atrocity being committed as we do now.

And we likely would, given that people tend to turn to terrorism as a way to fight back against a foreign power which possesses a superior organized military that it uses to inflict death or suffering.

Killing terrorists or advocating a military response to terrorist attacks does nothing if we continue to allow (and in the case of the United States, encourage and applaud) the economic strangulation and military bludgeoning which leads to more people becoming terrorists.

You stated the primary problem: No clear cut goal. And no leader to promulgate the goal and carry it out.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Earlier, on the same day of the attacks, on ABC News, Obama said ISIS was contained.
You can’t contain both anger and resentment with religious fundamentalist fury.

Obama has yet to call ISIS Islamic terrorists.
Why should this matter? Why get behind such politically correct ideas?
Some believers call Jesus the Redeemer, others Son of God or Messiah or Savior.

What difference does it make?

That makes you an idiot.

Once, I could see, but voting for him twice....that's idiot.

You should give some thought as to why you have chosen to react by name-calling. There are a million ways to say “I disagree with you” available in adult discourse. When you call others names, they tend to get defensive and then the discussion will be lost.

rexlunae

Mr President, I would, as a citizen, like you to go before Congress and ask that they declare a state of war against the IS. While I understand this gesture is historically reserved against enemy nations, not militant groups, I beseech you to make an exception. Go through the motions, add strength to your words.

I couldn't disagree more. The President is....well, President of the United States. What more strength do his words require? Daesh is not a state, and it doesn't serve anyone but them to treat them as one. And a declaration of war is a courtesy toward a state. It represents a degree of recognition if you issue one.

If you want to make a symbolic statement, stop calling them ISIS, ISIL, or especially IS. http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/is...at-does-daesh-mean-why-does-isis-hate-n463551

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Obama is an atheist.

However, he's a Muslim sympathizer.

In Obama's case, an enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine. Obama hates Christians, and so do Muslims. Thus Obama always sides with the Muslims.
LOTS of silliness and uninformed paranoia here.

exminister

Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
we know their history
so
we know the future

there will never be a day when we don't have to fight them

The problems are so deep rooted with those people in that part of the world that there's no fixing them and foolish to think we can.

It appears to be the case on both sides with no way out.
Humans....baaaahhhh

If only we had a solution not developed by humans.

exminister

Originally Posted by disturbo

The problems are so deep rooted with those people in that part of the world that there's no fixing them and foolish to think we can.

Americans should never fall back on self-victimization and helpless thinking.

I am not reading what you said in distro's post. It's recognition of a situation about them not us. Simply put we cannot fix them. Enough recent history shows that. We thought we could invade, make the world safe and establish our type of democracy. And we got whack-a-mole terrorism. That is not helpless thinking. That's being where are feet are.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Dear President Mom-Jeans,

I have not voted for you...A decision which I have not regretted. The actions in Paris call for swift and decisive military strikes resulting in the total destruction of the savages of ISIS.

To ensure this outcome; please stay out of Putin's way. :plain:

Thanks a bunch,

TomO

Last edited:

bybee

I have not voted for you...A decision which I have not regretted. The actions in Paris call for swift and decisive military strikes resulting in the total destruction of the savages of ISIS.

Thanks a bunch,

TomO

Very good advice!:rotfl:

drbrumley

Thanks a bunch,

TomO

Putin? The new Hitler according the Republicans? That Putin?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Earlier, on the same day of the attacks, on ABC News, Obama said ISIS was contained.

Obama has yet to call ISIS Islamic terrorists.

That makes you an idiot.

Once, I could see, but voting for him twice....that's idiot.

Good observation.