Do U agree w/ Jindal RE Trump: narcissist, egomaniac?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Simple - I thought Jindal was telling the truth about Trump. You are welcome to have a differing opinion.

Jindal was just following the lead of his handlers, just like the rest of the pack that is in Trump's rear view mirror. As a group they made a weak attempt at a pile on attack of Trump this week... Really it was so obvious & predictable what the field was doing... it looked rather pathetic to me...Nobody made their self look stupider than Perry with his "poor me I am a big loser & it's all Trump's fault" speech... Now that was a sad spectacle.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Trump's history shows exactly what he is.....

It's all part of the megalomaniac package.

I guess you just prefer your megalomaniacs packaged differently, we have one in office now. :chuckle: Personally I prefer Carson or Cruz but, in the end I don't believe either have the money or backing of the establishment to be able to push the "anointed one" Jeb Bush from the nomination. If this thing comes down to Bush & Trump I will vote for Trump hands down...

RevTestament

I guess you just prefer your megalomaniacs packaged differently, we have one in office now. :chuckle: Personally I prefer Carson or Cruz but, in the end I don't believe either have the money or backing of the establishment to be able to push the "anointed one" Jeb Bush from the nomination. If this thing comes down to Bush & Trump I will vote for Trump hands down...
The establishment just doesn't get W's failed policies will sink Jeb.

rexlunae

Do U agree w/ Jindal RE Trump: Trump is a narcissist, egomaniac?

Yes. Jindahl is right. Trump is a narcissist and an egomaniac and a narcissist, full of "foolishness and nonsense". (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trumps-feud-with-bobby-jindal-escalates/)

Here's the thing though. While he's right about Trump, it's also a problem of his own making. He is personally at fault for it. For years, there has been this movement of ignoramuses in the GOP, people who in addition to being conservatives in some vague and defensible way, are also complete morons full of rage with no basis in truth. And politicians like and including Jindahl have been coddling those idiots rather than standing up to them and setting them straight.

I'll give you an example. Bobby Jindahl has a degree in biology. He has studied at some of the best schools in the country. He served as Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services in the Bush administration. Bobby Jindahl is not an idiot, i.e., he is not a creationist. He specifically must know better. But good luck getting him to admit it. He passed legislation enabling creationism to be introduced into public schools in Louisiana, and he's set up a voucher system that permits private schools to use taxpayer money to teach anti-scientific religious nonsense in place of science (see about 9 minutes in: http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/51522589#51522589). Rather than standing up for real science education that could actually help the children of his state succeed, he panders to his party's moron base and actually refuses to stand firmly on any side.

So, is it any surprise, really, that a reality-tv star who gets up and gives speeches directly from the lizard-brain's xenophobia region finds a receptive audience? Sure, it may not actually be true, what Trump says, but it feels like it should be to the GOP base. And no one has ever conditioned them to expect any further examination of the facts. It's almost a direct and sincere application of Stephen Colbert's concept of Truthiness as you can imagine. This is the monster that Jindahl and others like him have created by their own lack of integrity and courage. Trump has perfected messaging to the GOP voter like no one before him, and there may be nothing they can do to stop him.

The obligatory. And oldie but a goodie:
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/63ite2/the-colbert-report-the-word---truthiness

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
20 million idiots voted for perot in 92
there are even more now
but
not enough to give trump the republican nomination
he will go independent
and
we will know this month
he has a deal with the clintons

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't know. He seems to clear every barrier that people say he can't. And the party has essentially legitimized him, so I think the establishment is actually set up to support him if he continues to dominate.

you can't trust the polls
unless they specifically say known republican primary voters
we are a special breed
we are not idiots
we are just few in number

rexlunae

you can't trust the polls

We'll see. I will be very interested in how he does in Iowa. Polling has been a little off lately, but if I understand the reasons for it, that might actually imply that his support is being underestimated.

unless they specifically say known republican primary voters

I think most of the polls coming out lately have been among likely primary voters. That seems fairly useful.

we are a special breed
we are not idiots
we are just few in number

One bit of basic human nature that comes into play is that perceived legitimacy produces real legitimacy. The fact that he is being treated seriously, and indeed as the front-runner, actually improves his odds. He's been in one debate now at the very center of the stage, dishing it out to all his opponents. And he was treated as the main event. It doesn't matter how clever people are, that kind of treatment is very favorable. And the CNN debate is going to be just exactly the same.

The Republicans would probably have a better chance of beating Trump if they could cull the field a bit. Having 15 barely-known candidates all fighting for airtime against The Donald suffocates the whole field. Trump is going to get the lion's share of airtime because that's good for ratings, and the rest are going to seem peripheral by comparison. The bar should really be about 3% in recent polls to stay in the race.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I think most of the polls coming out lately have been among likely primary voters.

even you might lie about being a likely primary voter
just to say you support trump
because
you know it would hurt the republican party

rexlunae

even you might lie about being a likely primary voter
just to say you support trump

Na, I really dislike Trump. And I know you don't think so, but I don't want to hurt the GOP. I'd rather see it become a party of rational and reasonable people again. Trump does nothing for that. If anything, he makes the fever worse.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Na, I really dislike Trump. And I know you don't think so, but I don't want to hurt the GOP. I'd rather see it become a party of rational and reasonable people again. Trump does nothing for that. If anything, he makes the fever worse.

well that is really swell of you
but
I am sure you can imagine those who hate republicans so much they will lie
if
it makes them look bad
and
I am sure you can imagine a clinton calling trump to get him is the race

rexlunae

well that is really swell of you
but
I am sure you can imagine those who hate republicans so much they will lie
if
it makes them look bad

It's hard for me to imagine that being a statistically significant number of people in these polls. I think you're underestimating the number of people who like him. He is (was) on TV for a reasons.

There's a deep white resentment movement in the GOP, that long ago learned to mostly be quiet and not say what they really want to. Trump is ignoring those rules, and still rising to the top, and I think there are people who really like that. It legitimizes a whole host of things that some white people have been holding back because they're afraid of being justly called racists, sexists, misogynists, etc. It's not good for the country, or the Republican party, but it's there, and the time is coming now where the mainstream party is going to have to confront it or double-down on it.

and
I am sure you can imagine a clinton calling trump to get him is the race

If it were anyone but the Clintons, I'd say that's crazy. But, while I think it's far-fetched, I have to admit that I can't call it totally bonkers.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Do U agree w/ Jindal RE Trump: Trump is a narcissist, egomaniac?

I think a lot of people know this about Trump. Even those who support Trump see this narcissism, etc.. But they are blinded by... well, frankly, I would say they are blinded by emotion.

It's like this: Human beings.. seeing as how we live in an imperfect world where there are massive injustices and problems and ... etc.. well, they develop anger. And they can't take that anger out on just anyone (boss at work... co-workers) b/c there are consequences to doing so. So they have all this pent up anger and here comes someone like Trump who SHOWS his anger... Just about every picture we have of him and every video shows a very ANGRY face... Children probably run from the TV when close ups are shown...

Heck I myself run...

Yes, we all have anger and anyone paying attn. to world events.. is VERY angry (assuming the person CARES... which.. you probably wouldn't watch the news or read the news if you didn't care..)

So anyway, Louisiana Governor Jindal says that Trump is a narcissist and egomaniac, which is verified by Trump's own words. He can't say 2 sentneces without saying "I" or "me"

I am rich

I have the answers

I'm ahead in the polls

they apologized [for disagreeing w/ ME]..

I'm ahead in the polls
etc... etc...

Someone on CNN called him a misogynist

So, do you agree with Jindal? CNN? both?

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...=92a17368d8c4333c12913c72f0783840&action=view

+

Don't you have to have just a tad bit of an ego to want to be the most powerful man in the world???