Doctrine of Unconditional Election

beloved57

Scriptures that set forth election unto salvation:

Jn 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

2 Thess 2:13

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Election is the blessed reality that God the Father, before the foundation of the world, from the very beginning, chose a specific number of depraved sinners out of Adam's sinful lineage and obligated all of their salvation on their surety, His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Eph 1:3-4

Blessed the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Nothing in the sinner, real or foreseen, nothing outside of God Himself, motivated or persuaded God's choice of sinners unto salvation. God justifies the ungodly, and all whom God elected unto salvation are and were, before being born again and conversion, ungodly and by nature children of wrath as other, deserving nothing but Gods wrath ! Eph 2:1-3

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Hoping

Banned
Excellent speech Brother !

Just as you have shown, and as can be clearly seen in scripture, Salvation by Grace has nothing to do with a person's choosing it by his freewill; or works of the flesh he / she may perform, but is solely based upon Sovereign God's Discriminate Good Pleasure; His Unconditional Election of certain Blessed individuals to be partakers of His Grace and Mercy through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus Rom. 3:24; and not by any conditions they can meet, or any performance of works by them !
How does a man know he has been "elected"?

beloved57

What is the doctrine of divine election unto salvation? It is that Biblical truth that God, in sovereign mercy, before the world began and without any consideration of the actions of any man, decreed a specific number of people to be the objects of His great salvation in Christ Jesus. “...And as many as were ordained unto eternal life believed” (Acts 13:48). These would be reconciled, redeemed, justified, sanctified and gloried to “the praise of the glory of His grace” (Ephesians 1:3-6). “For He saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom Iwill have compassion” (Romans 9:15). It is obvious from the language of Scripture that God has an elect or chosen people. “Who shall lay anything to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth” (Romans 8:33). “...Ye are a chosen generation” (1 Peter 2:9). “God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation” (2 Thessalonians 2:13). If the Holy Spirit ever shows a man his sinfulness and what abundant mercy God has showered upon him in choosing him to be an object of saving grace, such a sight will have definite effects Authored by Jim Byrd

Hoping

Banned
What is the doctrine of divine election unto salvation? It is that Biblical truth that God, in sovereign mercy, before the world began and without any consideration of the actions of any man, decreed a specific number of people to be the objects of His great salvation in Christ Jesus. “...And as many as were ordained unto eternal life believed” (Acts 13:48). These would be reconciled, redeemed, justified, sanctified and gloried to “the praise of the glory of His grace” (Ephesians 1:3-6). “For He saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom Iwill have compassion” (Romans 9:15). It is obvious from the language of Scripture that God has an elect or chosen people. “Who shall lay anything to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth” (Romans 8:33). “...Ye are a chosen generation” (1 Peter 2:9). “God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation” (2 Thessalonians 2:13). If the Holy Spirit ever shows a man his sinfulness and what abundant mercy God has showered upon him in choosing him to be an object of saving grace, such a sight will have definite effects Authored by Jim Byrd
As no man can know if he is indeed among the "elect", doesn't it behoove us all to act as if we were?
As God has allowed all men to know how to act in accordance to His will, any one we meet may be of the "elect", so we should be treating them all as the sons of God, with love and charity of heart, as we also love God with all our might.
Thus satisfying the law of Christ, we may all be of the elect.

beloved57

As no man can know if he is indeed among the "elect", doesn't it behoove us all to act as if we were?
As God has allowed all men to know how to act in accordance to His will, any one we meet may be of the "elect", so we should be treating them all as the sons of God, with love and charity of heart, as we also love God with all our might.
Thus satisfying the law of Christ, we may all be of the elect.
This thread isnt about christian living. Its about Gods action of unconditional election !

beloved57

The Cause of Electionby John Gill
These maxims are certainly true and indisputable: (1) That nothing in time can be the cause of what was done in eternity. To believe, to do good works, and persevere in them are acts in time, and so cannot be causes of election, which was done in eternity. And (2) That nothing out of God can be the cause of any decree or will in him. He is no passive Being, to be wrought upon by motives and inducements outside of himself. If his will is moved by anything outside of him, that must be superior to him, and his will must become dependent on that; which to say of God is to speak very unworthily of him. God wills things because it so pleases him. Predestination is according to the good pleasure of his will. Election is according to his foreknowledge, which is no other than his free favor and good will to men (Eph.1:5; 1 Pet. 1:2). No other reason can be given of God's will or decree to bestow grace and glory on men, for his own glory, and of his actual donation of them, but what our Lord gives: "Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in thy sight" (Matt. 11:25-26).

beloved57

Don't you figure the elect will live the way God wants them to live?
The Creator isn't going to "elect" child molesters, adulterers, liars, and murderers...is He?
This thread isnt about christian living. They had no physical life when they were chosen in Christ.

beloved57

. The Elect’s Salvation Jesus Christ by His death did purchase salvation for the elect that God gave unto Him before the foundation of the world. The free gift of eternal life is given to them and none else. Only these have interest in Him, and fellowship with Him. He makes intercession for these to His Father in their behalf, and to them alone does God by His Spirit apply this redemption Eph.1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

John 6:37-40

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

In Vs 37 the giving denotes election, and it occured before the coming !

beloved57

Paul teaches clearly that Election, which is a ground from an Eternal perspective, of Salvation by Grace, is unconditional, observe in quoting Gospe writer Moreno Dal Bello:

Election "...is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy" (Rom. 9:16). “‘of him that runneth’ is a metaphor taken from the foot-races as Paul may very possibly have seen them practised at Corinth. (see 1 Cor. 9:24,26; Gal. 2:2; 5:7; Phil. 2:16; 3:14). The meaning is that the prize does not depend on human will or human effort, but on the grace of God. By ‘willeth’ he means the thought and strenuously active endeavour of heart, and by ‘runneth’, good works, to neither of which he gives the praise, but only to the mercy of God. The idea is of one actively moving in the path of right. His energy may tempt him to think that he originated the motion; but he did not. It depends not on the striving and urgent endeavour of man, but on the will of the merciful God. Not that human willing and running are illusions, but they are not the cause of mercy. They follow it, but they are not the cause of it. Its origin is not of them. The experience of God’s mercy does not depend on man’s resolve or effort, but on God’s merciful act (see 1 Cor. 9:24 ff.).This, of course, merely repeats Romans 9:12,13, buttressing the principle of God’s Sovereign freedom in the exercise of mercy by reference to His own word in Exodus 33:19: ‘And He said, I will make all My goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy’”. Salvation by grace and mercy means, “God is laid under no obligation by a human will, or a human work”. Salvation is not God responding to a human will, or human work, salvation is God acting according to His will by His grace and mercy in order to save His people from their sins. If election is not of the will of man, if man cannot, and so, does not elect himself to be saved via his free will and works, then it is clearly not conditioned or reliant upon man, not on works, but on grace alone. It is not man who makes the first move, for election and salvation would then not be according to God's will and grace, but a man's will and works. It would no longer be a gift but a reward, and man would have reason to boast. The fact that there is no boasting which a man can engage in, is a testament to the fact that prior to being made alive a man is lifeless and hopeless in sins.

marke

Its crystal clear that the scriptures teach election, even unconditional election in salvation. Most people will agree that election is taught in scripture, but very few agree that its unconditional, and totally by grace and Gods sovereign good pleasure, not outside of Himself. Even the OT scripture indicates Gods sovereign prerogative in election and having mercy on whomever He will Ex 33:19

And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. In this discriminatory fashion God exhibits His Glory

Now Paul alludes to this scripture in his treatise on unconditional election in Rom 9:11-16

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

We learn that there is what Paul terms "the purpose of God according to election" This is a salvaic purpose,. its answering the seeming dilema as to why so many jews in national israel are being lost Rom 9:1-6

Its from this background that Paul develops his treatise on the doctirne of unconditional election, or "the purpose of God according to election"

Now let us look at what Rom 9 tells us: By writer of godsonlygospel.com "election is just not fair.

I do differ with the author regarding his statement "The saved are those who are elected by grace through faith, "

I believe the saved are those who are elected by Grace, minus the faith, but Faith being the consequent of election by grace.

However the main point is, the elect are not elected based upon any foreseen actions or deeds , good or bad, that man has done or will do, because the election of grace was made before they were born to do any actions whatsoever, thats the Apostles point.

This treatise by Paul should forever eliminate the false idea that election is based upon anything foreseen in or of the sinner. Its totally unconditional ! Its totally of Sovereign prerogative !
The ignorant foolishly believe God does not care whether a person humbles himself or not because He intends to show mercy equally to the proud as well as to the humble for reasons that have nothing to do with pride or humility.

2 Samuel 22:26
With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful, and with the upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright.

beloved57

Many oppose election and state that its not unto Salvation, but only to service, which is ridiculous. A key passage on election shows how election of God is unto Salvation, Justification Eph 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Within this passage Paul shows us one of the purposes why God chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world:

" that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:"

Notice the words "without blame" What is it to be without blame ?

The words mean:

1. without blemish
    1. as a sacrifice without spot or blemish
  2. morally: without blemish, faultless, unblameable,

without rebuke, without fault,

Basically its to be perfectly righteous, guilt free !

This purpose is fulfilled in the death of Christ for us, by which by it we are perfected forever Heb 10:14

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

His Death for the Chosen speaks to both their sanctification[ being holy] and Justification being made perfectly righteous and without blame before God in Love.

So Election is unto Salvation, being made righteous, blameless, holy are Salvation Blessings ! 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

marke

Many oppose election and state that its not unto Salvation, but only to service, which is ridiculous. A key passage on election shows how election of God is unto Salvation, Justification Eph 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Within this passage Paul shows us one of the purposes why God chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world:

" that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:"

Notice the words "without blame" What is it to be without blame ?

The words mean:

1. without blemish
    1. as a sacrifice without spot or blemish
  2. morally: without blemish, faultless, unblameable,

without rebuke, without fault,

Basically its to be perfectly righteous, guilt free !

This purpose is fulfilled in the death of Christ for us, by which by it we are perfected forever Heb 10:14

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

His Death for the Chosen speaks to both their sanctification[ being holy] and Justification being made perfectly righteous and without blame before God in Love.

So Election is unto Salvation, being made righteous, blameless, holy are Salvation Blessings ! 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
Contrary to Calvinistic foolishness God did not create billions of sinners to sin and not be able to repent so He could burn them in hell forever for displeasing Him.

beloved57

Is there a corporate election ?

Yes it is, the totality of the Body of Christ, men and women chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4, all chosen together at the same time. For the word corporate simply means:

of, for, or belonging to a corporation or corporations:a corporate executive;She considers the new federal subsidy just corporate welfare.
forming a corporation.
pertaining to a united group, as of persons :the corporate good.
united or combined into one. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/corporate
This corporate election is signified here in Ps 139 :16

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

All my members is a corporate idea in union to one body.

Also 1 Cor 12:12

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

However a many membered corporation is composed of specific individuals, one member each 1 Cor 12:18

But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

So we cant talk about an corporate election without discussing and including an Individual election. When the members names are written in the book, it was one members name at a time Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Lk 10:20

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Now individual election refers to God's unconditionally choosing in eternity past specific individuals to receive saving grace both in eternity and in time 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

beloved57

Yet Individual election refers to God's unconditionally choosing in eternity past particular persons to receive saving grace and mercy in time. 1 Tim 1:13

Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1 Pet 2:10

Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

marke

Yet Individual election refers to God's unconditionally choosing in eternity past particular persons to receive saving grace and mercy in time. 1 Tim 1:13

Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1 Pet 2:10

Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
How sad you don't quote verses showing God's deliberate creation of sinners without any hope of salvation of any sort so He could burn them in hell in wrathful anger for eternity for their sin.

beloved57

There is a people in this world called the elect and the ransomed of the Lord, These folks are such a huge multitude that no man can number them yet they are a specific number.

· They are termed “the elect” because they were chosen of God unto eternal life in Christ before the world began.

· These chosen ones are called “the ransomed of the Lord” because they are redeemed by the precious blood of Christ and redeemed from the curse of the law by the blood of God’s dear Son.

Rom 8:33

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Isa 35:10

And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Rev 7:9

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

marke

There is a people in this world called the elect and the ransomed of the Lord, These folks are such a huge multitude that no man can number them yet they are a specific number.

· They are termed “the elect” because they were chosen of God unto eternal life in Christ before the world began.

· These chosen ones are called “the ransomed of the Lord” because they are redeemed by the precious blood of Christ and redeemed from the curse of the law by the blood of God’s dear Son.

God chose the elect from the foundation of the world and did not choose others, according to His foreknowledge of all people.

1 Peter 1:2
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Furthermore, God's selection of the elect never violated the fact that He appealed to the whole world to come to Christ for salvation because He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked.

Ezekiel 18:32
For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.