Dodged Questions

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Has anna been banned for this? Because if so, she shouldn't have been. I've mentioned Musterion's college admission on occasions but anna hasn't to any recollection of mine, nor to Musty I'd bet if he were honest.
I don't get this one either. I think there's some confusion on the point about who said what and anna is paying the freight.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Has anna been banned for this? Because if so, she shouldn't have been. I've mentioned Musterion's college admission on occasions but anna hasn't to any recollection of mine, nor to Musty I'd bet if he were honest.
He's being attacked can called a liar. He isn't backing down on his history. He saying he's forgiven in Christ for his past sins, all of them. And you keep debating with him on this because you do not believe in forgiveness. Anna has been particularly nasty and accusing him of lying. That kind of thing will not be tolerated on TOL.

You folks are forgetting TOL is a Christian conservative board. Yes it does have a bias in that direction. Accusing Christians of lying for expressing that they have been forgiven of past sin will not be tolerated.

Reactions: Lon

Arthur Brain

He's being attacked can called a liar. He isn't backing down on his history. He saying he's forgiven in Christ for his past sins, all of them. And you keep debating with him on this because you do not believe in forgiveness. Anna has been particularly nasty and accusing him of lying. That kind of thing will not be tolerated on TOL.

Nobody's accusing Musterion of backing down on his history, on that score he was honest enough to recount that particular event. Where it comes to 'forgiveness' then I was trying to ascertain whether it was faith itself that stopped his own criteria for being a homosexual still being applied to himself, something he could have easily answered on this thread without the need for another. I'd disagree with his criteria regardless for sure but then that's why he was called on it and several noticed the disconnect. Where it comes to accusations of lying, then anna is the one being accused of it as I don't recall her ever bringing up his college day escapades and he hasn't provided any quotes of her doing so to maintain it, so she's more than justified in calling him out on that.

FTR, my reasons for debating him on the issue aren't what you might presume them to be either.

You folks are forgetting TOL is a Christian conservative board. Yes it does have a bias in that direction. Accusing Christians of lying for expressing that they have been forgiven of past sin will not be tolerated.

No, not at all. I've been a member here for years and I know how the land lies in these parts and that's fair enough. What I'm not sure is where you're getting the notion that anna accused anybody of lying for claiming to be forgiven of past sin. She was accusing Musterion of lying in regards to her supposedly bringing up the event above. She challenged him on that and he failed to meet it. That's it.

musterion

Artie is less than clear here. He kept waffling back and forth. At one point he affirmed that he does not think I'm homosexual, but then he kept referring to the incident with the sense of, "Well, by YOUR OWN DEFINITION..." implying (imo) that I have to be a homosexual according to my own standard. He then disregarded all further explanation. Anyone who read those threads can decide for themselves which he actually believes because I neither know nor care. Goes double for Anna's opinions. On anything.

Reactions: Lon

musterion

Nobody's accusing Musterion of backing down on his history, on that score he was honest enough to recount that particular event. Where it comes to 'forgiveness' then I was trying to ascertain whether it was faith itself that stopped his own criteria for being a homosexual STILL being applied to himself

See what he did there? It NEVER applied to me for reasons I repeatedly explained, but he keeps implying I was/am homosexual.

FTR, my reasons for debating him on the issue aren't what you might presume them to be either.

You had no intention of debating, much less discussing it. You won't stop lying by implying I was/am a homosexual. It's all you are about in this discussion (such as it is). You think you're clever enough not to get spotted but you've always been clumsy and crude in your "cleverness."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
This isn't overly complicated. Musterion was a homosexual based on the criteria Musterion offered. He fit the label by the definition he made up.

well, no

he gave two criteria - artie ignored one and assumed by what musty had said that the other applied

why?

because artie's a retard

you're not a retard WoO - how come you don't understand?

Arthur Brain

See what he did there? It NEVER applied to me for reasons I repeatedly explained, but he keeps implying I was/am homosexual.

You couldn't even answer whether the faith aspect did away with your own criteria on this thread itself, even after I expressly asked you to address that after answering your own questions. You started another one that was pretty much troll posting and snide innuendo. I already told you I wouldn't have considered you a homosexual regardless, so now you're lying about me to boot?

You had no intention of debating, much less discussing it. You won't stop lying by implying I was/am a homosexual. It's all you are about in this discussion (such as it is). You think you're clever enough not to get spotted but you've always been clumsy and crude in your "cleverness."

I had every intention of debating/discussing it and you are absolutely lying now if you think I consider you a homosexual based on some fleeting thing from years ago back in college. Your subsequent faith or lack thereof wouldn't make me regard you as one either way. Your own criteria was called on and nobody else made you type the words you did or coerce you into defending such nonsense.

Nobody made you accuse anna of doing something she didn't do either by the same margin.

Grow up.

Arthur Brain

well, no

he gave two criteria - artie ignored one and assumed by what musty had said that the other applied

why?

because artie's a retard

He does. You're just the usual sycophant to the nearest bridge is all...

Arthur Brain

Artie is less than clear here. He kept waffling back and forth. At one point he affirmed that he does not think I'm homosexual, but then he kept referring to the incident with the sense of, "Well, by YOUR OWN DEFINITION..." implying (imo) that I have to be a homosexual according to my own standard. He then disregarded all further explanation. Anyone who read those threads can decide for themselves which he actually believes because I neither know nor care. Goes double for Anna's opinions. On anything.

It's pretty straightforward. I wouldn't classify you as a homosexual simply because of a brief flirtation with a same sex encounter that you didn't go through with. You then provide a descriptor of what constitutes a homosexual so that criteria then applies to you and when put on the spot you avoided answering as to whether it was only faith that would dismiss that. Anna did not go on about your college experience so you owe her an apology either for lying about her or just mistakenly believing that she did.

WizardofOz

well, no

why?

because artie's a retard

Musterion conceded the point quite a while ago:
If AB wants to argue that, by my own definition, that incident made me a homosexual, then I was a homosexual for the 2 minutes I'd considered it.

So I think we're past the semantic aspect of the discussion.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't want any complaining PM's about being removed from this thread. Yes this stuff is trolling. Banning from the thread should be sufficient. This topic needs to be dropped. Time to move on to something else.