Dont go from house to house

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
DO NOT GO FROM HOUSE TO HOUSE

Matt 10:5-16
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
8 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
9 "Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts,
10 "nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.
11 "Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out.
12 "And when you go into a household, greet it.
13 "If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 "And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.
15 "Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!
16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
Luke 10:1-12
1 After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go.
2 Then He said to them, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.
3 "Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves.
4 "Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road.
5 "But whatever house you enter, first say, 'Peace to this house.'
6 "And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you.
7 "And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house.
8 "Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you.
9 "And heal the sick there, and say to them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.'
10 "But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say,
11 'The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.'
12 "But I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city.
Acts 20:17-21
17 From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called for the elders of the church.
18 And when they had come to him, he said to them: "You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you,
19 "serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews;
20 "how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house,
21 "testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 2:44-47
44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
(NKJ)
xxx Do not go from house to house. Randomly. Go from church to church.

Epoisses

I squeaky, duh! I do this and I don't do that. My Christian experience is on the level of dog training. Someone give me a treat because I do good, durrrrrrrr :kookoo::dizzy::mmph:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Right, it is better to stay home in your own house, then on Sunday, go to church.

I said
You didn't even read it. It says to go from church to church but not house to house.

7 "And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I said
You didn't even read it. It says to go from church to church but not house to house.

Tomorrow will be Friday, then Saturday, then Sunday, church day.

God's Truth

DO NOT GO FROM HOUSE TO HOUSE

Matt 10:5-16
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
8 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
9 "Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts,
10 "nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.
11 "Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out.
13 "If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 "And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.
15 "Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!
16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
Luke 10:1-12
1 After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go.
2 Then He said to them, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.
3 "Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves.
4 "Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road.
5 "But whatever house you enter, first say, 'Peace to this house.'
6 "And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you.
8 "Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you.
9 "And heal the sick there, and say to them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.'
10 "But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say,
11 'The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.'
12 "But I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city.
Acts 20:17-21
17 From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called for the elders of the church.
18 And when they had come to him, he said to them: "You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you,
19 "serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews;
20 "how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house,
21 "testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 2:44-47
44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
(NKJ)
xxx Do not go from house to house. Randomly. Go from church to church.

If they only went church to church as you say and not from house to house, why does Jesus say, "If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If they only went church to church as you say and not from house to house, why does Jesus say, "If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you."

I said
Do you know the definition of church? The buildings are called temples or synagogues. A church is a group of people worshipping God. That can be in a house or a temple. But it must be established believers.

[Mat 18:20
20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

Remember what Jesus told them.

God's Truth

I said
Do you know the definition of church? The buildings are called temples or synagogues. A church is a group of people worshipping God. That can be in a house or a temple. But it must be established believers.

[Mat 18:20
20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

Remember what Jesus told them.

I know what a church is.

You avoided the question.

Truster

The ecclesia (that you erroneously refer to as church) is not something that is attended. A repentant sinner is added to the ecclesia at conversion.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Today is Friday, two days to church day.

I said
some people study the bible daily. Learn daily. Some people have church seven days a week.

Rom 14:5-9
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
(NKJ)

God's Truth

I said
some people study the bible daily. Learn daily. Some people have church seven days a week.

Rom 14:5-9
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
(NKJ)

Church is the body of Christ.

The disciples went to preach about the gospel, to spread the news. They went to towns to spread the news, and they stayed in people's homes to rest, eat, sleep, clean up, etc. The disciples would come in peace but if the people of the house were against them, then their peace would not stay with that household.

The disciples were spreading the good news and people's homes were not made a meeting place for the churches yet. After the saved would meet in homes for church, it was well known who these people were.

God's Truth

I said
If I did it wasn't intentional. Rephrase the question.

You said Jesus did not go house to house but rather church to church. What you said is a false statement. The disciples went house to house of the Jews, and, if the people in the house who invited them in were accepting of the message, the disciple's blessings would remain; if the people who invited them in rejected their message, their blessings would not remain.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Church is the body of Christ.

The disciples went to preach about the gospel, to spread the news. They went to towns to spread the news, and they stayed in people's homes to rest, eat, sleep, clean up, etc. The disciples would come in peace but if the people of the house were against them, then their peace would not stay with that household.

The disciples were spreading the good news and people's homes were not made a meeting place for the churches yet. After the saved would meet in homes for church, it was well known who these people were.

I said
"But whatever house you enter, first say, 'Peace to this house.'

God's Truth

I said
"But whatever house you enter, first say, 'Peace to this house.'

Merely posting scripture does not mean you understand it. What you explained was wrong.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Merely posting scripture does not mean you understand it. What you explained was wrong.

I said
The fact that I had the verses is evidence that I am led by the Holy Spirit. The only guarantee in the whole bible. And that is never wrong. The fact that you don't know that means you don't know the Holy Spirit.
Jhn 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
[2Co 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

And I still don't understand what you think is wrong.

God's Truth

I said
The fact that I had the verses is evidence that I am led by the Holy Spirit. The only guarantee in the whole bible. And that is never wrong. The fact that you don't know that means you don't know the Holy Spirit.
Jhn 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
[2Co 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

And I still don't understand what you think is wrong.

A person who knows God can humble themselves and be reasoned with.