Fascists impose gag order againt homo "marriage" opposers

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You do realise that not being able to say "We'd do it again" and not being able to talk about the case and it's aftermath are two different things?

Do you understand that they have a right under the constitution to say they would do it again a billion times over if they wanted to?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If by liquidated you mean converted to mobile assets (cash?) then recovery might be easier now.

Paid in attorney fees, and nothing left, good luck, i hope those poor lesbians will be able to live through the trauma of getting no money after paying their own attorneys. :)

noguru

If by liquidated you mean converted to mobile assets (cash?) then recovery might be easier now.

If they sued the business, and the funds were transferred to another business, no it would not be easier. I do not think the law allows for a law suit against personal assets.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If they sued the business, and the funds were transferred to another business, no it would not be easier. I do not think the law allows for a law suit against personal assets.
You can move to recapture assets transferred to avoid liability. It's a form of fraud, depending on the circumstance. Now if the business was an LLC the liability would extend only to the assets of the business.

Interplanner

The Samaritans' Purse at Graham Ministries might be able to help the Christians. I believe I read where they helped one already. Otherwise they are a disaster-type Christian charity.

noguru

You can move to recapture assets transferred to avoid liability. It's a form of fraud, depending on the circumstance. Now if the business was an LLC the liability would extend only to the assets of the business.

A wise owner would have made an LLC, right?

gcthomas

Re: Fascists impose gag order againt homo "marriage" opposers

Re: Fascists impose gag order againt homo "marriage" opposers

A wise owner would have made an LLC, right?

Although if the owners could therefore claim not to be personally liable for the acts and debts of the business, it would be harder to claim their freedom of personal faith is hindered.

noguru

Although if the owners could therefore claim not to be personally liable for the acts and debts of the business, it would be harder to claim their freedom of personal faith is hindered.

I think there is a lesson for all of us to learn in this. Of course some will not learn that lesson.

"A wise man learns more from a fool, than a fool learns from a wise man."

We all know the story of the Hatfields and the McCoys. How wise is an ongoing feud where acts of revenge are traded indefinitely.

Harboring resentments is a quagmire. Although the anger that can be dredged up seems like a very powerful feeling, it is only a feeling. How much can we trust that feeling in the face of contradicting evidence from objective reality

Musterion started this thread because he was campaigning his resentment for the far left. And it was a battle cry to those on the far right. They all lined up to express their discontent for the actions of the left. Thereby confirming, in their subjective perspective, how "right" they all are. Many will continue on that path in the name of "righteous indignation", finding all sorts of perceived justifications for their resentments.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

You list all of the places and ways they are forbidden to speak about the case, and than you say they can talk about the case, whenever and wherever they want.

No, there's only one thing they can't do, i.e., publicly declare that they will continue to discriminate against gays. That's it.

Jose Fly

Thank you for posting the facts.

I realize that most of the posters here will ignore this and continue with their much spewing but it is still important to confront false claims with truth

A blogger I read from time to time likes to say "Nothing in modern conservatism makes sense except in light of creationism".

Basically, if you've dealt with creationists, this whole "ignore the facts and continually restate your position" thing is hardly surprising....expected, actually.

Jose Fly

You're comparing baking a cake to being forced to go to scientology training in order to keep one's job?

No, I'm talking about the amount of the monetary award. The Christian in the dentist office was awarded 4 times more money than the lesbian in OP. No one seems to be complaining about that amount, do they?

Jose Fly

Hey Stripe, do you adhere to this political position?

"the belief that it is the aim of politics to preserve individual rights and to maximize freedom of choice"

I ask, because you seem to want to restrict the choices of everyone with whom you disagree, whilst wanting to have unfettered freedom for your own in-group.

It's called a theocracy, and it's really what a lot of fundamentalists want.

genuineoriginal

False

blatant lie

blatant lie
You are projecting, again.

Discrimination is not a first amendment right.
Are you trying to reboot the Wizard of Oz with that strawman?

Of course, you will object to the truth that the business owners are not allowed to freely practice their religion by not taking part in a "ceremony" that celebrates the kind of sexual immorality that is explicitly prohibited in the Bible.

And, yes Virginia, baking a WEDDING cake is taking part in the "ceremony" but baking doughnuts is not.