Fox News gets it so wrong ...........

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you think Sharia law does not say to beat disobedient women that do not dress according to their law?

This Charming Manc

I think there is no Sharia law in the UK

Birmingham is not a Muslim only city

There are not Muslim religious police beating people on the streets of London in London.

So you think Sharia law does not say to beat disobedient women that do not dress according to their law?

This Charming Manc

A Balti us a good curry, but it varies a lot. Most curries do.

Its tomato based and quite hot, I tend to prefer my curries more spicy and flavorful than hot, so haven't had a Balti in a while.

On the salient point yes we do have issues with Islam in the UK, but they are not as profound or all in compassing as some would like to believe.

Foe example one of the prominent building in Birmingham is Birmingham central mosque, but is know as 'allahs bottom' by many of the locals due to visual effect created by the way light shines on its dome in the evening. Not something that would be acceptable in a muslim only city :)

That guy did over step, yikes.

But is there absolutely no truth then about the Muslim Community there?

http://www.balti-birmingham.co.uk/

I would like to try to make the Balti recipe here, it looked very good to me - have you had any Man from Manchester?

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

:rotfl:

Oh wow, that's hysterical. How could this guy make such an enormous gaffe?! He's clearly never been to the UK...

For anyone interested, Birmingham is part of the 'Midlands' and having lived in Nottingham for a number of years I can testify to the amount of cultural and racial diversity there is in such cities, and it's a good thing. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think there is no Sharia law in the UK

Not relevant. And you will have it in time. Answer my question about Sharia law. Do they or do they not say it is ok for a husband to beat his wife if she does not dress how he says to dress?

This Charming Manc

hmmm ...

Nottingham rock city a wasted youth

:rotfl:

Oh wow, that's hysterical. How could this guy make such an enormous gaffe?! He's clearly never been to the UK...

For anyone interested, Birmingham is part of the 'Midlands' and having lived in Nottingham for a number of years I can testify to the amount of cultural and racial diversity there is in such cities, and it's a good thing. :)

Spitfire

BBC is pretty horrible too.

And don't even get me started on Austrian media.

Does anyone actually watch Fox News while under the impression that it is informative, however? Sometimes it seems like if it weren't for all the people who are perpetually enraged by Fox News nobody would watch it at all.

This Charming Manc

Absolutely relevant as its whats OP was about.

I'm not sure what your question is about

Not relevant. And you will have it in time. Answer my question about Sharia law. Do they or do they not say it is ok for a husband to beat his wife if she does not dress how he says to dress?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Does anyone actually watch Fox News while under the impression that it is informative, however? Sometimes it seems like if it weren't for all the people who are perpetually enraged by Fox News nobody would watch it at all.

how would you know that?
does it make you mad?
maybe you should be mad
maybe you should do something about it
at least try

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

I quit all TV/Mainstream News a long time ago....I noticed waaaay to many inaccuracies and outright fallacies in their reporting (Some, more than others, admittedly.). It occurred to me that if I was finding this many errors in things which I knew about then how many things were they getting wrong regarding the things I know nothing about?

TV journalism is more concerned with ratings than accuracy IMHO. :idunno:

This Charming Manc

I like the Beeb

I get concerned because its almost an exclusive media source for me, and we should all really use multiple sources.

whats the beeb done to anoy you?

Spitfire

how would you know that?
does it make you mad?
maybe you should be mad
maybe you should do something about it
at least try
Why should I be mad? It doesn't even affect me. Imagine if everyone else felt the same way? Fox news would run out of money and collapse in less than one year.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Why should I be mad? It doesn't even affect me. Imagine if everyone else felt the same way? Fox news would run out of money and collapse in less than one year.

sounds like you are mad at fox
the messenger
go back to what you were doing
does tol make you mad?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Great tweet, mocking the fool:
"Croyden is an entirely Catholic city. Any non-Catholics are beaten by squads of nuns, armed with rulers."

Love it. Emerson isn't the dumbest guy on FOX, but he's certainly moved up a few notches.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/...-declaring-birmingham-england-totally-muslim/

interesting

not only is he not an employee of fox news, the fox news anchor disbelieved him

furthermore, he acknowledged his error and apologized:

Emerson later apologized for his comments in a statement sent to the Huffington Post, writing, “I have clearly made a terrible error for which I am deeply sorry. My comments about Birmingham were totally in error. And I am issuing an apology and correction on my website immediately for having made this comment about the beautiful city of Birmingham.”

He added, “I am not going to make any excuses. I made an inexcusable error. And I am obligated to openly acknowledge that mistake.”

but hey, you retards keep on blaming fox news if it makes you feel better :idunno:

Spitfire

whats the beeb done to anoy you?
The same annoying thing practically every other mainstream media outlet does. They gloss over the real complexity of the matter they are reporting on. They reduce everything to a sound byte that will be easy for their audience to swallow according to what they already generally believe. Probably, it wouldn't annoy me as much if people in the UK (and other countries) didn't have the completely trusting, uncritical attitude towards BBC that they do.

For example, they describe Steven Emerson's comments as a "Fox News claim" when he doesn't even work for Fox News. Fox News was interviewing him. It was a claim made on Fox News, yes, but describing him as a "Fox News expert" is misleading. As far as I can tell from doing a little impromptu research, the only news agency he ever actually worked for was CNN. But why worry about things like that, right? It happened on Fox News and everyone knows Fox News is outrageous, so there's no reason not to simplify and cater to what the audience already believes.