Fox News gets it so wrong ...........

This Charming Manc

Is it that time of the month nick?

I can read it I just have no idea what it had to do with the matter in hand?

Why, did I write it in Cantonese and you can't read it? You lying pig faced demon. You go to hell with barbie.

:mock: communist murderer and barbie

Arthur Brain

I suppose being around people who merely just wish you'd get it over with and crucify yourself is a lot better then being around those who will try.

You know all those outraged Muslims after every terrorist attack? Me neither. In fact, they like the idea of putting up mosques right where they happen.

Oh get a grip. I've worked and lived among people of all manner of races, creeds, beliefs etc and funnily enough I've got on with most and never had any bother either. In my home town there's a mosque about five minutes from my own street and I walk past it often enough without any fear of being assaulted as an 'infidel' or fear of a bomb going off...

Lon

I like the Beeb

I get concerned because its almost an exclusive media source for me, and we should all really use multiple sources.

whats the beeb done to anoy you?
Alternate spellings occasionally annoy me... That's more in literature, but local slang can be frustrating at times as well. We don't aways use the same words the same way. A bird is just a bird here and a lift is only a verb in the American NW.

We might win the next revolutionary war, though. Canada and Mexico seem more American to me than the U.S. sometimes. Forgive my ramblings, I seem to be caught still trying to secede in my mind.
TV journalism is more concerned with ratings than accuracy IMHO. :idunno:
Which is why we had riots in streets over a thug being shot by a cop. I couldn't agree more on this point.
I might caveat: at least it is obvious when sensationalism is the goal, over and above accurate journalism.
completely overlooking the fact that he was actively involved in banging george zimmerman's head into the concrete sidewalk at the time
Stop making the same points I do. It's creepy. :p

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
I guess the whole thing is an example of the hysterical exaggeration of the Muslim population in Europe, by bigots.

You're not trying to stir the pot a mite here, are you?

Just pointing out the fact. I wasn't even thinking of Nick when I wrote that. He just ends up being "exhibit B."

Barbarian observes:
in fact, Muslims are deeply concerned about the rate at which their fellow Muslims are converting to Christianity, or losing their faith entirely.

And this is a bad thing to you?...

Being Catholic, I don't think that Muslims are necessarily going to Hell. But I do think that one has a much better chance of salvation as a Christian. Don't see that it has much to do with the fact that a lot of Muslims in Europe are converting to Christianity, or that bigots are trying to suppress that fact.

I mean, their conversion.

Me, too. That's one reason why the hysteria about Muslims in Europe is such a woofer.

You are a Christian, are you not?

Yep. The only difference is, I'm serious about Jesus as Savior, and the bigots seem to think it's all political.

Maybe you should clarify.

Better?

republicanchick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30773297

This us why us Brits think Fox is a joke.

this is so stupid and so dishonest

for one thing, how is Fox responsible for having someone on who said something false?

but what he said is NOT entirely false. There are parts of certain countries where Mulsims essentially "rule" and the cops are afraid to go into those parts of the city/country.

I think libs are a joke

by the way, it is PIRO, not Pirro

+

republicanchick

do you even realize how obsessed you are with bigotry and racism?

racists are always obsessed w/ racism... b/c they are disturbed (and rightly so) by the racism they see within, so they feel they just HAVE to go overboard in their efforts to convince the world they are not racist. Only over kill will work...

you know... that thing about "I do believe she protesteth too much"

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
As you see, paranoia and denial go hand in hand with bigotry. So when someone points out that Muslims are rapidly converting to Christianity (and not just in Europe; they fell from majority to minority in Africa as Christianity grows in that Contintent), the response from bigots is to blame the people who point it out to them.

These days, racism and religious bigotry is so despised, no one will openly admit it. Fortunately, they usually aren't smart enough to hide it well.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
As you see, paranoia and denial go hand in hand with bigotry.

we see that with you all the time

are you really unaware of it, or is it just part of your clown act?

So when someone points out that Muslims are rapidly converting to Christianity (and not just in Europe; they fell from majority to minority in Africa as Christianity grows in that Contintent), the response from bigots is to blame the people who point it out to them.

nobody's blaming you

that's your paranoia at work

These days, racism and religious bigotry is so despised, no one will openly admit it. Fortunately, they usually aren't smart enough to hide it well.

and this is your denial

we're all well acquainted with your bigotry

thanks for the demonstration! :thumb:

shagster01

completely overlooking the fact that he was actively involved in banging his stalker who was disobeying dispatch order to stand down's head into the concrete sidewalk at the time

Fixed it to include the whole "not glossing over things" idea that you were talking about.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Fixed it to include the whole "not glossing over things" idea that you were talking about.

the dispatcher had no authority to order zimmerman to do anything

the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" and zimmerman said "ok" and returned to his truck, where martin, instead of heading directly to his father's girlfriend's townhouse, circled back and met him

at the truck

and, not to put too fine a point on it, but if i'm followed by someone, the law does not allow me to assault them, regardless of how "disrespected" i might feel

resodko

BANNED
Banned
wiki said:
Sean Noffke, the dispatcher who was on the phone during Zimmerman's non-emergency call, testified regarding his own statements at that time. Noffke said that when he told Zimmerman "We don't need you to do that," he was making a suggestion, not giving an order. He said that dispatchers do not give orders because of liability issues. During cross-examination, Noffke testified that Zimmerman did not seem angry during the call, and that he wanted the police to come to his location. Noffke also testified that he asked Zimmerman which way Martin was going, and that his question could be interpreted as a request to go and see which way he was going. He clarified his statement that dispatchers do not give orders, but suggestions for the safety of the caller.

shagster01

the dispatcher had no authority to order zimmerman to do anything

the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" and zimmerman said "ok" and returned to his truck, where martin, instead of heading directly to his father's girlfriend's townhouse, circled back and met him

at the truck

and, not to put too fine a point on it, but if i'm followed by someone, the law does not allow me to assault them, regardless of how "disrespected" i might feel

I understand that. However, it was advice that Zimmerman disregarded that would have put an end to the situation. Bad judgement on his part.

It was not an incident between an idiot and a hero. It was an incident between two idiots.

Lexington'96

Being Catholic, I don't think that Muslims are necessarily going to Hell. But I do think that one has a much better chance of salvation as a Christian. Don't see that it has much to do with the fact that a lot of Muslims in Europe are converting to Christianity, or that bigots are trying to suppress that fact.

I'm not doubting this but I'd like to see a source.