Gay Mass Murder Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry Stripe, I missed the post and just saw this.

I can't argue over the validity of salvation in the sense that I would have to actually be convinced your God exists.

However, using the criteria of OSAS, I can observe others who do not claim to be saved as well as those who do. I don't see a united front in the way *some* Christians act and think.

The change is supposedly because of people accepting a loving force into their life (Jesus). That is certainly NOT apparent in all of those who claim to be Christian.

This is not just about Christians despising nonbelievers, but even *some* believers accusing their fellow brothers/sisters in Christ of not really being saved.

If you have ever read my posts in the Evoken's Catholic social group, you would know that the one reason I have more respect for Catholics is because they believe that their *salvation* means actually living up to a higher standard.

Also, the church I attended for most of my childhood did not believe believe in OSAS.

Bottomline, IF I were to come to believing in your deity, it would be extremely hard to not base my opinion of him on the actions of his followers.

Anyways, this is completely off-topic, and if you have further questions, I have no problem answering them via PM.
No, no. Your answer suffices. It seems you are willing to judge someone by their actions except when the possibility exists that they might have claimed to be a Christian and yet are actually a rapist and murderer.

Understandable. Hypocritical, but understandable...

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Luke 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
So the people you were arguing with said that a rapist and murderer would be forgiven their crimes under certain circumstances then? What were they?

Aimiel

I thought this was something I didn't know about because I don't watch much TV news: some kook gunning down queers, like the kooks that used to murder abortion clinic employees. It is revealing though, to see the mass-murderers that are queer in a list together.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, no. Your answer suffices. It seems you are willing to judge someone by their actions except when the possibility exists that they might have claimed to be a Christian and yet are actually a rapist and murderer.

Understandable. Hypocritical, but understandable...

I have no idea what you mean. I don't judge rapists or murderers based on their religion, but rather on their actions.

In other words, I don't care if someone who commits one of those actions declares themselves to be an Atheist or Christian ... the action makes them deserving of the death penalty.

It would only be hypocritical if I were to advocate that Christians be given a HARSHER penalty for their crimes and that is not the case.

elohiym

So the people you were arguing with said that a rapist and murderer would be forgiven their crimes under certain circumstances then? What were they?
No. They are claiming that a rapist and murderer can be saved while committing their crimes.

I have no doubt that a murderer or rapist can repent and believe the gospel, and be forgiven for their sins. That's not the issue.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no idea what you mean. I don't judge rapists or murderers based on their religion, but rather on their actions.

In other words, I don't care if someone who commits one of those actions declares themselves to be an Atheist or Christian ... the action makes them deserving of the death penalty.

It would only be hypocritical if I were to advocate that Christians be given a HARSHER penalty for their crimes and that is not the case.
I see. So you didn't understand what you were talking about then ...

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I understand very well what *I* am talking about,
I'm sure you do...

Mr. One-Liner Twister of Words.
Not at all. If you understood what we were talking about you might be interested in following along....

And I am capable of showing you up with two lines as well... :)

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Under the circumstances that he embraces your religious creeds and doctrines as he commits his crimes - it's not too hard to imagine...
My creeds and doctrines are limited to:
Accepting in his heart that Jesus died for his sins and accepting that sacrifice.

So, the two of you, on what basis are you going to judge, according to my "creeds and doctrines", who is and is not a Christian?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, the two of you, on what basis are you going to judge, according to my "creeds and doctrines", who is and is not a Christian?

Are you really this dense? I am NOT judging who or who is not Christian ... unlike you, I am not presumptuous enough to tell others who or what they believe in.

IF someone states they are a Christian and goes out and beats their wife or cheats on them, my only comment will be it only proves that those who subscribe to your religion are NOT morally superior.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you really this dense? I am NOT judging who or who is not Christian ... unlike you, I am not presumptuous enough to tell others who or what they believe in.

IF someone states they are a Christian and goes out and beats their wife or cheats on them, my only comment will be it only proves that those who subscribe to your religion are NOT morally superior.
Then I was right. You are not interested in discussing this topic.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then I was right. You are not interested in discussing this topic.

YOU are not discussing the topic at hand ... which is suppose to be about "Gay Mass Murder Trend".

Straight up, when it comes to mass murder, I don't care WHO the offender is, I want to see them dead via the death penalty.

Now if YOU want to bring a person's *salvation status* into account who has committed a DP offense, then you are free to do so.

elohiym

Under what circumstances could this happen?
Under no circumstances. That's why I don't accept their position.

If you are asking under what circumstances they believe that could happen, I don't see why it matters if it could not happen under any circumstances.

1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are asking under what circumstances they believe that could happen, I don't see why it matters if it could not happen under any circumstances.
I would tend to agree. But what circumstances would they give?

elohiym

I would tend to agree. But what circumstances would they give?
I'm not going to speak for them in that detail.

Start a thread and ask the question you asked me:

"What sort of weirdo would believe that a rapist/murderer was secure in his salvation and doing his deeds at the same time?"

That's a great thread starter, and it will draw out those who believe it. Post it and see what happens.

pozzolane

BANNED
Banned
In the gross effort for dehumanization of the gay community in the OP, I would say that only an ignoramus would make the error that forced sexual activity with one of the same sex is equivalent to being a homosexual.

A homosexual is not defined solely by a sexual act. But by a loving ones too. Homosexuals see others of the same sex the same way a heterosexual sees one of the opposite sex. In other words, there is an attraction between the two that goes beyond the purely physical.

Has anyone here heard of Ted Haggart? Psychology shows that in the majority of cases, fear and hatred of homosexuals comes from repression of it in the individual expressing the contempt. It's self hatred. And the Christian belief promotes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.