Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
From http://www.familyresearchinst.org/FRI_EduPamphlet4.html#refs

The top six U.S. male serial killers were all gay:

• Donald Harvey claimed 37 victims in Kentucky;

• John Wayne Gacy raped and killed 33 boys in Chicago, burying them under his house and in his yard;

• Patrick Kearney accounted for 32, cutting his victims into small pieces after sex and leaving them in trash bags along the Los Angeles freeways;

• Bruce Davis molested and killed 27 young men and boys in Illinois;

• A gay sex-murder-torture ring (Corll-Henley-Brooks) sent 27 Texas men and boys to their grave; and

• Juan Corona was convicted of murdering 25 migrant workers (he "made love" with their corpses).

A study of 518 sexually-tinged mass murders in the U.S. from 1966 to 1983 determined that 350 (68%) of the victims were killed by those who practiced homosexuality and that 19 (44%) of the 43 murderers were bisexuals or homosexuals.[The study was from a paper presented at "Midwestern Psychological Assn, Chicago, 1983]

Given that the homosexual population was, at most, 3% of the population at that time, that would mean that a homosexual is X(?) times more likely to commit such crimes. You do the math.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't need to, considering it's been done already...

http://books.google.com/books?id=4H...&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=6&ct=result

Geberth notes in Practical Homicide Investigation (pp. 471-479) that while serial murderers can be straight, gay, or bi, the vast majority of them are caucasian heterosexual men.

This aside, there's something else worth keeping in mind. Given that two-thirds of victims are women--and given that female serial killers are exceptionally rare--it is easily established that the vast majority of serial murderers fit the most basic profile well-established by the FBI: sexually frustrated heterosexual males.

http://www.deathreference.com/Py-Se/Serial-Killers.html

It's worth remembering that serial murder is in most cases a savage crime perpetrated against women by men.

The 3% figure of the population you reference is a rough guess, at best. There is no statistical evidence indicating homosexual offenders are represented in any disproportionate fashion amongst serial predators.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I don't need to, considering it's been done already...

http://books.google.com/books?id=4H...&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=6&ct=result

Geberth notes in Practical Homicide Investigation (pp. 471-479) that while serial murderers can be straight, gay, or bi, the vast majority of them are caucasian heterosexual men.

This aside, there's something else worth keeping in mind. Given that two-thirds of victims are women--and given that female serial killers are exceptionally rare--it is easily established that the vast majority of serial murderers fit the most basic profile well-established by the FBI: sexually frustrated heterosexual males.

http://www.deathreference.com/Py-Se/Serial-Killers.html

It's worth remembering that serial murder is in most cases a savage crime perpetrated against women by men.
Considering that heterosexuals make up roughly 95% of the population, I don't doubt there are more heterosexual serial killers. But that's not what we're discussing. We're discussing whether homosexuals have a greater tendency to become serial killers.

The 3% figure of the population you reference is a rough guess, at best. There is no statistical evidence indicating homosexual offenders are represented in any disproportionate fashion amongst serial predators.
From Wikipedia (hardly a fundamentalist Christian propoganda outfit)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuals

"The exact proportion of the population that is homosexual is difficult to estimate reliably, but studies place it at 2–7%."

Finally, true or false: "The top six U.S. male serial killers were all gay"

True or false Granite?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Considering that heterosexuals make up roughly 95% of the population, I don't doubt there are more heterosexual serial killers. But that's not what we're discussing. We're discussing whether homosexuals have a greater tendency to become serial killers.

From Wikipedia (hardly a fundamentalist Christian propoganda outfit)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuals

"The exact proportion of the population that is homosexual is difficult to estimate reliably, but studies place it at 2–7%."

Finally, true or false: "The top six U.S. male serial killers were all gay"

True or false Granite?

From the looks of it, false.

By the way, although most serial killers are American, this is not an exclusively American aberration. The claim that the "top" American murderers were gay a) doesn't appear accurate or demonstrable, and b) even if true is completely moot considering serial killers are found worldwide. Hardly a "trend." Citing information from 1983 doesn't indicate a "trend," either. I should also point out that mass and serial murderers aren't the same thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
six o' one, thirty of another...

six o' one, thirty of another...

I've only read a handful of the posts in this thread.
For those who object to the OP, I have this question (it doesn't get to my main point, but gets to an intermediary point):

If homosexual men make up 6% of the general adult population
and 30% of the population of mass murderers, would that be a relevant statistic that an FBI crime profiler should take into account?

-Bob Enyart
KGOV.com

Granite

Hall of Fame
I've only read a handful of the posts in this thread.
For those who object to the OP, I have this question (it doesn't get to my main point, but gets to an intermediary point):

If homosexual men make up 6% of the general adult population
and 30% of the population of mass murderers, would that be a relevant statistic that an FBI crime profiler should take into account?

-Bob Enyart
KGOV.com

Perhaps you should ask the FBI and not laymen.

Sitamun

From http://www.familyresearchinst.org/FRI_EduPamphlet4.html#refs

Given that the homosexual population was, at most, 3% of the population at that time, that would mean that a homosexual is X(?) times more likely to commit such crimes. You do the math.
Gee I don't see Ted Bundy on that list... He killed more then Gacy.
Check out this list.
It seems your playing fast and loose here.

And Persephone do I need to send you a copy of my edition of the "Gay Agenda"?:rotfl:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Gee I don't see Ted Bundy on that list... He killed more then Gacy.
Check out this list.
It seems your playing fast and loose here.

And Persephone do I need to send you a copy of my edition of the "Gay Agenda"?:rotfl:

Personally I find this macabre in the extreme, rather like comparing batting averages.

Granite

Hall of Fame
True, but I just don't like people fudging with the numbers to try and make them fit their own agenda.

The only possible agenda I see this serving is a kind of self-congratulatory self-insulated confirmation, yet again, as to the depravity of homosexual people. And if you need to grope this far to justify your hatred of a group while wallowing amongst corpses and psychopaths, I'd submit you really should get out more.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Check out this list.
I did. I read through the first 10 male serial killers and, sure enough, 3 of them were either homosexual or bisexual.

So the question still stands. If homosexuals are only 6% of the population but make up 30% of serial killers, what does that tell you?

Sitamun

Read and researched the whole list.
90 total names.
13 of which were either homosexual or bisexual. That's 6.9%. What's most interesting is that of the 13 homosexuals, 7 were from the US.

P.S. I can't believe I spent my night doing that btw.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Sitamun, you calculated your percentage backward. It's not 90 divided by 13; it's 13 divided by 90. The percent according to your
research is 14%, not 7%.

Read and researched the whole list.
90 total names.
13 of which were either homosexual or bisexual. That's 6.9%.

Does even your own count indicate that homosexual men are more than twice as likely as straight men to become serial murderers?

-Bob Enyart

Zeus

BANNED
Banned
Keep in mind that the actual percentage of homosexuals in the population is unknown. All we can do is estimate. What is the best estimate? I would say that it is the one that centers on primary attractions NOT behavior and NOT self-identification. About 4% admit to being exclusively gay, another 4 % at least somewhat bisexual. I would say another 4% deny that they are gay but actually have predomonantly same sex attractions.

What percentage of homosexually oriented serial killers self-identify as gay versus live the straight life except for their killings?

Sitamun

Ok, I made a math error. It still stands that it's hardly a trend. Have you compared hair color? Eye Color? That's the trouble with identifying "trends". I think a much more important "trend" is why so many serial killers are American. Americans are 4.54% of the worlds population, but 56% of serial killers are American. What's important is what MOTIVATES the act. WHY are things like this done.

Status
Not open for further replies.