Giving Thanks to God for Salvation !

beloved57

@JudgeRightly

By simply acknowledging that he is a sinner dead in his trespasses and sins, at enmity with God, alienated from God, not able to please God.and that he IS lower than God, that there is nothing he can do do change that, and that only by calling on God to forgive him and show mercy upon him, placing his trust in the One who is gracious and just to forgive that He would do so.

I see you have a lot of confidence in and of the flesh.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
@JudgeRightly

I see you have a lot of confidence in and of the flesh.

Then you need to get your eyes checked.

My confidence is in the gospel of Christ preached being a sufficient means to bring someone to the knowledge of their need for Christ. Maybe you should sit down and watch Ray comfort's videos one of these days and see how easy it is to bring people who would otherwise end up in hell to Christ simply by condemning them with the Law and then showing them what Christ did to save them from eternal punishment under the law!

beloved57

Then you need to get your eyes checked.

My confidence is in the gospel of Christ preached being a sufficient means to bring someone to the knowledge of their need for Christ. Maybe you should sit down and watch Ray comfort's videos one of these days and see how easy it is to bring people who would otherwise end up in hell to Christ simply by condemning them with the Law and then showing them what Christ did to save them from eternal punishment under the law!
Again you have a lot of confidence in the flesh. Man by nature doesnt do the those things you described, for mans mind by nature is at enmity against God and doesnt submit to God Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

marke

Again you have a lot of confidence in the flesh. Man by nature doesnt do the those things you described, for mans mind by nature is at enmity against God and doesnt submit to God Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

God is pleased by the sacrifices of a repentant and humble heart.

Psalm 51

16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

For that reason, God has instructed sinners to humble themselves before God that they might find mercy.

Jeremiah 13

13 Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.

14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

15 Hear ye, and give ear; be not proud: for the Lord hath spoken.

16 Give glory to the Lord your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness.

17 But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the Lord's flock is carried away captive.

18 Say unto the king and to the queen, Humble yourselves, sit down: for your principalities shall come down, eve
n the crown of your glory.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Again you have a lot of confidence in the flesh.

Repeating your claim won't make it come true.

Man by nature doesnt do the those things you described,

I'm talking about someone who has been exposed to the gospel of Christ.

for mans mind by nature is at enmity against God and doesnt submit to God Rom 8:7-8

As I have said and explained to you multiple times before:

This verse applies EQUALLY to believers and unbelievers alike, because it is saying that anyone who is in the flesh (which includes Christians) cannot please God. Or do you naively think that there are no carnal Christians?

beloved57

I'm talking about someone who has been exposed to the gospel of Christ.

As I have said and explained to you multiple times before:

This verse applies EQUALLY to believers and unbelievers alike, because it is saying that anyone who is in the flesh (which includes Christians) cannot please God. Or do you naively think that there are no carnal Christians?
Again you exhibit total confidence in the flesh.

beloved57

My confidence is in Christ and the gospel preached.
Man is his natural state loves darkness Jn 3:19

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

The Gospel is light 2 Cor 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So you loved something, the Gospel, while in the flesh, while in nature. Thats confidence in the flesh

marke

Man is his natural state loves darkness Jn 3:19

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So you loved something, the Gospel, while in the flesh, while in nature. Thats confidence in the flesh
Calvinists read a verse or two about the sinful condition of men but don't understand other verses in the Bible that clearly demonstrate that God communicates with sinners and encourages them to turn from their sin so they will not be damned.

Ezekiel 33:11
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Romans 1:19-21

King James Version

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.​

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:​

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.​

A sinner's heart and mind are never so dark as they become if they reject the truth God clearly shows them.

beloved57

Bello writes:

“And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in Heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God” (Rev. 19:1).

I doubt whether there is any man who would dare say, in so many words, that even some of the glory for salvation belongs to man. Even those who insist that the final decision for salvation belongs to man, without which he remains lost, would not directly claim any glory for themselves, but to the grace of God. However, the inescapable problem they have is in making God’s plan of salvation ultimately hinge on a man’s free will decision, or a man obeying in order to remain saved, they have rejected God's Gospel of salvation by grace alone. Everyone who adheres to these deadly errors is in reality exalting themselves and not God. Thanking God for what you have done is boasting in yourself, it is exalting yourself (see the article ‘The Pharisee and the Publican’ at godsonlygospel.com). The moment you include the word ‘I’ when speaking about salvation you immediately shift the focus from God to yourself. Thanking God that ‘I’, is exalting yourself. Salvation is all about God and what He has done, not what you have done. It is HIS Love, HIS will, HIS purpose, HIS Grace, HIS Mercy, HIS goodness, HIS Forgiveness, HIS Son, HIS Sacrifice, HIS Blood, HIS Obedience, HIS Death, HIS Righteousness that has saved His people from their sins. The saved person only exists by grace. He is a new creature in Christ by grace. Just as with the beneficiary of a last will and testament, the truly saved man is an eternal beneficiary of God’s Will for him, and he is forever grateful and thankful to God and what He has done knowing that he, the man, has never and could never have done anything to make himself saveable, or get himself saved, or keep himself saved. A person does not become a beneficiary of their father’s will by anything they have done, but only because they are their father’s child. No human being ever had anything to do with being the child of their biological father. So too, no saved human being ever had anything to do with their being made children of their spiritual Father.https://www.godsonlygospel.com/by-grace-alone-27

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Man is his natural state loves darkness

Can man in his natural state acknowledge that he loves darkness rather than light, after being confronted by that fact?

Jn 3:19

And how did they become blinded? Was it that they were blind from birth? or was it that they had constantly rejected the light, therefore God took away the light He was showing them, because they rejected it?

So you loved something, the Gospel, while in the flesh,

I don't know what it is you're trying to say, but it sounds like you're asserting that I'm not saved, or at the very least, that I haven't been "enlightened" to your particular understanding.

Are you? If not, please clarify.

while in nature.

Who isn't "in nature"?

Thats confidence in the flesh.

I can assure you, I don't have any confidence in the flesh.

You asked:

how does a sinner . . . humble himself before God ?

I answered:

By simply acknowledging that he is a sinner dead in his trespasses and sins, at enmity with God, alienated from God, not able to please God, and that he IS lower than God, that there is nothing he can do do change that, and that only by calling on God to forgive him and show mercy upon him, placing his trust in the One who is gracious and just to forgive that He would do so.

That's what the Bible teaches.

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!”But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “ Lord, who has believed our report?”So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. - Romans 10:8-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:8-17&version=NKJV

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
@beloved57 the Bible throughout scripture repeatedly tells man to humble himself. It's a response to God. It's not done without Him first telling us to humble ourselves.

The following video is less than 7.5 minutes long. I STRONGLY suggest you watch it.

beloved57

@beloved57 the Bible throughout scripture repeatedly tells man to humble himself. It's a response to God. It's not done without Him first telling us to humble ourselves.

The following video is less than 7.5 minutes long. I STRONGLY suggest you watch it.

Again you have a much confidence in the flesh. Rom 8:8

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Again you have a much confidence in the flesh.

Repeating your straw man won't make it true.

Rom 8:8

And that's why when a man humbles himself, God be gracious and just to forgive them.

beloved57

Repeating your straw man won't make it true.

And that's why when a man humbles himself, God be gracious and just to forgive them.
You have confidence in the flesh as well. Rom 8:8

Notice it says they that are in the flesh CANNOT please God. Do you think God is pleased when a person humbles themselves ?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have confidence in the flesh as well.

Repeating your straw man won't make it come true.

Rom 8:8

Therefore they must humble themselves, so that God can save them. He cannot save someone who does not humble themselves before Him.

Notice it says they that are in the flesh CANNOT please God. Do you think God is pleased when a person humbles themselves?

I think God is gracious enough to forgive those who humble themselves as the Bible says to.

It's not a matter of whether it "pleases" God when a person humbles themselves. It's a matter of a person humbling themselves in response to the gospel, and when they do so, God can then forgive them of their sins, and set them free from their bondage, because it pleases God to be gracious and just!

For You will save the humble people, But will bring down haughty looks. - Psalm 18:27 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm18:27&version=NKJV

Surely He scorns the scornful, But gives grace to the humble. - Proverbs 3:34 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs3:34&version=NKJV

For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word. - Isaiah 66:2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah66:2&version=NKJV

Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:5-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Peter5:5-7&version=NKJV

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. - James 4:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James4:10&version=NKJV

beloved57

Repeating your straw man won't make it come true.

Therefore they must humble themselves, so that God can save them. He cannot save someone who does not humble themselves before Him.

I think God is gracious enough to forgive those who humble themselves as the Bible says to.

It's not a matter of whether it "pleases" God when a person humbles themselves. It's a matter of a person humbling themselves in response to the gospel, and when they do so, God can then forgive them of their sins, and set them free from their bondage, because it pleases God to be gracious and just!

For You will save the humble people, But will bring down haughty looks. - Psalm 18:27 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm18:27&version=NKJV

Surely He scorns the scornful, But gives grace to the humble. - Proverbs 3:34 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs3:34&version=NKJV

For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word. - Isaiah 66:2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah66:2&version=NKJV

Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:5-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Peter5:5-7&version=NKJV

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. - James 4:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James4:10&version=NKJV
Its worth repeating myself since you repeat yourself. You have said you can do things in the flesh, as an unregenerate that pleases God, whereas Gods word says Rom 8:8

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Its worth repeating myself since you repeat yourself. You have said you can do things in the flesh, as an unregenerate that pleases God,

It's not me saying it though. The Bible repeatedly tells men to humble themselves, and it says repeatedly that men humble themselves, and it's ALWAYS in response to something God has done.

So Moses and Aaron came in to Pharaoh and said to him, “Thus says the Lord God of the Hebrews: ‘How long will you refuse to humble yourself before Me? Let My people go, that they may serve Me. - Exodus 10:3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus10:3&version=NKJV

So do this, my son, and deliver yourself; For you have come into the hand of your friend: Go and humble yourself; Plead with your friend. - Proverbs 6:3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs6:3&version=NKJV

Then I proclaimed a fast there at the river of Ahava, that we might humble ourselves before our God, to seek from Him the right way for us and our little ones and all our possessions. - Ezra 8:21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezra8:21&version=NKJV

Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. - Daniel 10:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel10:12&version=NKJV

When they cast you down, and you say, ‘Exaltation will come!’ Then He will save the humble person.He will even deliver one who is not innocent; Yes, he will be delivered by the purity of your hands.” - Job 22:29-30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job22:29-30&version=NKJV

When He avenges blood, He remembers them; He does not forget the cry of the humble. - Psalm 9:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm9:12&version=NKJV

Say to the king and to the queen mother, “Humble yourselves; Sit down, For your rule shall collapse, the crown of your glory.” - Jeremiah 13:18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah13:18&version=NKJV

whereas Gods word says Rom 8:8

Repeating the verse isn't going to magically make me disagree with it, b57. I have already responded to your attempt to make a point with it, but you have ignored it.

beloved57

Salvation is of God !

by that declaration, I mean that the triune God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all active in the salvation of lost depraved sinners, in that the Father purposed salvation 2 Tim 1:9, the Son secured salvation Heb 9:12 and the Holy Spirit applies that same salvation 2 Thess 2:13 ! The Triune God works in accord to bring about the Salvation of His Chosen People. The Fathers purpose of Salvation in His Mind equates to Election, His choice to save a people He chose in Christ before the foundation ! Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

marke

Salvation is of God !

by that declaration, I mean that the triune God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all active in the salvation of lost depraved sinners, in that the Father purposed salvation 2 Tim 1:9, the Son secured salvation Heb 9:12 and the Holy Spirit applies that same salvation 2 Thess 2:13 ! The Triune God works in accord to bring about the Salvation of His Chosen People. The Fathers purpose of Salvation in His Mind equates to Election, His choice to save a people He chose in Christ before the foundation ! Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Of course God saves His people and of course God offers the gift of salvation to those who reject it and end up in hell for that.