Giving Thanks to God for Salvation !

beloved57

True Believers have a lot to be Thankful to God for because according to Eph 1:3-7

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Because God hath #1 Blessed them with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Vs 3

Because God hath chosen them in Christ before the foundation of the world. Vs 4

Because God has predestinated them unto the adoption of children/sons Vs 5

Because God hath made them accepted in the beloved Vs 6

Because God has given them redemption and forgiveness of sins through Christs Blood Vs 7

All to the praise and glory of His Grace Vs 6 a

All according to the good pleasure of His will Vs 5 b

marke

True Believers have a lot to be Thankful to God for because according to Eph 1:3-7

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Unlike the unsaved, God is good to all men, and so also are Christians who are seeking to please God.

1 Thessalonians 5:15
See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

beloved57

We thank God for Salvation because its resultive of Gods Election of us 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Salvation here has to do with now and eternally here after, Salvation from Spiritual and Eternal Death !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We thank God for Salvation because its resultive of Gods Election of us

Do you not hear how haughty you sound?

"I thank thee Lord that you elected me and not them to salvation!"

You sound exactly like the Pharisee in Luke 18!

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ - Luke 18:11-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke18:11-12&version=NKJV

marke

We thank God for Salvation because its resultive of Gods Election of us 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Salvation here has to do with now and eternally here after, Salvation from Spiritual and Eternal Death !
Calvinists teach love for Calvinists and hatred toward everyone else. No wonder Calvin had Servetus murdered in cold blood.

beloved57

Rom 9:16, , So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

What is it in this verse ?

Lets look at the context Rom 9 11-23

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

I believe the it is Salvation as it pertains to Election !

Hence " Giving Thanks to God for Salvation"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Rom 9:16, , So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

What is it in this verse ?

Lets look at the context Rom 9 11-23

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

I believe the it is Salvation as it pertains to Election !

Hence " Giving Thanks to God for Salvation"

Nope. The "it" of verse 16 at best refers to "the purpose of God."

"Election" is part of a modifying phrase to "might stand."

In other words, that part of the verse could be read like this:

"that the purpose of God might stand according to election"

Oh, and reminder, that this isn't talking about the two boys in the womb, but the nations that arose from their lineage.

marke

Nope. The "it" of verse 16 at best refers to "the purpose of God."

"Election" is part of a modifying phrase to "might stand."

In other words, that part of the verse could be read like this:

"that the purpose of God might stand according to election"

Oh, and reminder, that this isn't talking about the two boys in the womb, but the nations that arose from their lineage.
Whether men want to be saved or not God does not want sinners to reject God and end up in hell.

beloved57

God only deserves the Thanks for Salvation, for all of Salvation is conditioned on God , the Triune God even. God the Father should be Thanked for Salvation is of His Eternal Purpose, to include who shall be saved 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Eph 1:3-4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

God the Son, or the Son of God should be Thanked for His Redemptive Role Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

God the Holy Spirit should be Thanked for His Sanctifying Role unto Faith 2 Thess 2:13

Which coincides with the New Birth Jn 3:6-8

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.