ECT Holy Laughter: Christian Behavior or Something Else

God's Truth

oh come on

please be real. If someone came in your church acting like king david or naked or not able to stand like the priests, or acting like they were drunk
you ((WOULD)) feel comfortable.

I would not think the priests were drunk, and it would not make me uncomfortable about a chosen of God walking around naked.
i would find it uncomfortable if someone came into my church naked and dancing saying they have a word from God

You should feel more uncomfortable if everyone in the church started a new doctrine to where they all stripped naked and danced around just because they heard David did so.

or acting drunk because they said that God baptized them..

you are saying you wouldn't.?

i never said anything about justifying anything.

i said do you have elders to discern and judge???

I do not rely on what other people think about the truth.

revpete

We need to be careful; holy laughter may not be biblical but joy most certainly is! In His presence etc... Extreme joy must manifest somehow. However, the flesh must be kept in check at all times. There's no doubt that much of it is just emotionalism but maybe we shouldn't be too quick to dismiss all of it.

Peter 👤

God's Truth

We need to be careful; holy laughter may not be biblical but joy most certainly is! In His presence etc... Extreme joy must manifest somehow. However, the flesh must be kept in check at all times. There's no doubt that much of it is just emotionalism but maybe we shouldn't be too quick to dismiss all of it.

Peter 👤

It is against God what those who made a doctrine out of it are doing.

There is not even anymore speaking in tongues as it was in the Bible times.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's in the Bible somewhere. Do you own one?

I find no reference to King David wearing a loin cloth.
He wore a priestly ephod when he danced before the LORD.
It was not nakedness.

"The white ephod was, strictly speaking, a priestly costume, although in the law it is not prescribed as the dress to be worn by them when performing their official duties, but rather as the dress which denoted the priestly character of the wearer (see at 1Sa_22:18); and for this reason it was worn by David in connection with these festivities in honour of the Lord, as the head of the priestly nation of Israel (see at 1Sa_2:18)."- Keil and Delitzsch

Word based mystic

It was not nakedness.

"The white ephod was, strictly speaking, a priestly costume, although in the law it is not prescribed as the dress to be worn by them when performing their official duties, but rather as the dress which denoted the priestly character of the wearer (see at 1Sa_22:18); and for this reason it was worn by David in connection with these festivities in honour of the Lord, as the head of the priestly nation of Israel (see at 1Sa_2:18)."- Keil and Delitzsch

2 samuel 6:20 and Michol the daughter of Saul coming out to meet David, said: How glorious was the king of Israel to day, uncovering himself before the handmaids of his servants, and was naked, as if one of the buffoons should be naked.

Cross Reference

It was not nakedness.

What does this say to you that you would split hairs over?

"Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!" 2 Samuel 6:20 (KJV)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What does this say to you that you would split hairs over?

"Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!" 2 Samuel 6:20 (KJV)

It says to me and to the many commentators which I've read, that Michal greeted David with a proud and sarcastic exageration of the case and as a result her intimate relationship with her husband was terminated by the King.

Cross Reference

It says to me and to the many commentators which I've read, that Michal greeted David with a proud and sarcastic exageration of the case and as a result her intimate relationship with her husband was terminated by the King.

OK. I said I will yield you the "loin" cloth part as being incorrect from me, however, is not this from the verse, "uncovered himself", a nakedness simply by using the word, "uncovered" which intimates a covering of something meant to be held outside a public viewing as in, private?

You mentioned commentators that guide you to your conclusions in spiritual matters. FWIW, Throw them out, read your Bible and write your own. Why? Because much of what they contribute to our thinking is philosophical interpretation guided by a religious bent __ not the Holy Spirit. Many are obvious about it and their intent to draw away from the spiritual while others are not so obvious. Others don't know what they believe.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK. I said I will yield you the "loin" cloth part as being incorrect from me, however, is not this from the verse, "uncovered himself", a nakedness simply by using the word, "uncovered" which intimates a covering of something meant to be held outside a public viewing as in, private?

You mentioned commentators that guide you to your conclusions in spiritual matters. FWIW, Throw them out, read your Bible and write your own. Why? Because much of what they contribute to our thinking is philosophical interpretation guided by a religious bent __ not the Holy Spirit. Many are obvious about it and their intent to draw away from the spiritual while others are not so obvious. Others don't know what they believe.

We are all commentators. Why should I reject them and learn from you?
I don't take any as having the final word, but one can learn something from everybody.
I've been reading my Bibles everyday as a believer for thirty-five years.

My reason for entering this discussion came as a result of the possible assumption that David was dancing naked.
I don't believe he was.
That's all.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
[/YELLOW][/B]

I didn't say learn from me, did I?

Now you know why I don't have much regard for you.

<ignore button hit>

Ordinarily, when someone writes words to another person it is to impart some level of information to that person. If that person reads and understands the message then he has learned something.

If I were to take your advice to not read commentators then I would be receiving instruction from you.
I have no objection to learning something from you, but it's up to me to determine the truth of it, as it is for you.

Of course, you can't see this, therefore, commentary and the exchange of ideas has come to a halt.

Best regards!

Cross Reference

Ordinarily, when someone writes words to another person it is to impart some level of information to that person. If that person reads and understands the message then he has learned something.

If I were to take your advice to not read commentators then I would be receiving instruction from you.
I have no objection to learning something from you, but it's up to me to determine the truth of it, as it is for you.

Of course, you can't see this, therefore, commentary and the exchange of ideas has come to a halt.

Best regards!

You don't seem to be able to read for the truth from anyone that you then misrepresent what they say in your reply. If you were to take my advise you already know that I said, throwout your commentaries, read your Bible and write you own __ learn from the Holy Spirit.

But you can't leave that alone to further argue over what I didn't say.

< Forget you>

revpete

Holy Laughter: Christian Behavior or Something Else

It is against God what those who made a doctrine out of it are doing.

There is not even anymore speaking in tongues as it was in the Bible times.

I've never
Heard of anyone making a doctrine out of holy laughter before. How do they justify that?

Blessings: Pete 👤

God's Truth

Where do YOU get from the scriptures that David and Michal no longer had husband and wife relations?

God's Truth

Michal never had a child from David because she judged a chosen of the Lord. That does not mean they never had marriage relations.