I wonder what its like to be a Christian?

Prizebeatz1

I wonder what its like to be a Christian?

The believer has a new born human spirit that is quickened by God. The unbelievers have only one nature, the natural, physical life, they are spiritually dead. According to the scriptures

People tend to believe the spirit is not already in us. One's unawareness does not mean it is not present. God is infinite so how could he not already be inside of us?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

drbrumley

Before the followers of God were called Christians , they were called "The Way."

http://www.brentcunningham.org/?p=842

So when I ask "I wonder what its like to be a Christian", I really mean those believers who were with Peter in the book of Acts. The one's who really had the Holy Spirit of God.
I wonder what it would be like to really have the Spirit of God living in you.

I mean to be for real!!

What about the apostle Paul?

Mickiel

You already have the spirit of God living in you. You wouldn't be alive without it. It's the personality that stands in the way from you realizing it to the fullest.

No, I don't have God's spirit living in me. And I have no problem admitting that. I go by the description of the fruit of the spirit in Gal. 5:22-23,I don't go by the opinion of others , but I thank you for your view. I don't agree with the infinity of God meaning we all have his Holy Spirit inside of us approach. That is a stage I believe we all are destined for , but have not all been given just yet. In my understanding the Spirit can be" With us' or in us, or neither of the two. It just depends on God where one is at.

Mickiel

What about the apostle Paul?

Paul seemed to have come on the scene around A.D. 60 or somewhere near that time. So he was there when the namesake Christianity was first taking root. I am not sure if Paul considered himself a Christian or not , because he was so different. To my knowledge he never mentioned that he was a Christian , but Christianity began around Paul's conversion . John the Baptist was not a Christian and he never proclaimed Christianity in his preaching.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
People tend to believe the spirit is not already in us. One's unawareness does not mean it is not present. God is infinite so how could he not already be inside of us?

I don't believe that.
Everyone has a spirit but it is dead to God. It cannot know the things of God. It is like a corpse inside a person that only relates to the world, the flesh, and Satan. Which is why one must become born again.

Mickiel

The first Christians really were serious on loving each other and the people. In Romans 13:8-11 that is made clear by Paul; and all the Apostles constantly taught that they are to love one another. Jesus stressed to them to love each other as he had loved them. John 13:34. So the hallmark of true Christianity ,if we go by the original Christians and Jesus teachings , the trademark of Christianity , the fingerprint that we can recognize the true Christian character by , is love. They will love everybody. Now if I use that as the standard here to determine who is true Christian , judging by the way people treat others here , the simple way they talk to you ; it then is obvious to me that many people have simply usurped the name and title of Christian , but not the original true standard.

So if I want to be like those original followers and the Lord Jesus himself , then I must love people no matter how they treat me. I am already past being a Christian , but I am not pass how they truly lived. Its an incredible loving standard.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I agree wholeheartedly. Christianity is supposed to be all about "love".

Christians believe we will be saved from sin through Jesus Christ.

Do you agree with that?

BTW, I don't believe non-believers will be burned in hell for eternity.

Mickiel

I agree wholeheartedly. Christianity is supposed to be all about "love".

Christians believe we will be saved from sin through Jesus Christ.

Do you agree with that?

BTW, I don't believe non-believers will be burned in hell for eternity.

Hello , yes I agree. We will know them by their love. It requires love for a believer to see the salvation of an unbeliever. Those believers who don't see it, they have a problem with loving others unconditionally. They won't like this and are unable to admit it; but love is the key to salvation. God and Jesus saved us , because they love us.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hello , yes I agree. We will know them by their love. It requires love for a believer to see the salvation of an unbeliever. Those believers who don't see it, they have a problem with loving others unconditionally. They won't like this and are unable to admit it; but love is the key to salvation. God and Jesus saved us , because they love us.

So you agree that we will be saved through Jesus Christ?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I meet so many Christians everyday online ; talk with them everyday; examine how they think. If I wrote down how Christians really are , they would close this thread. I mean you can see it for yourself on any Christian message board. The behavior is common; a few are merciful and full of grace; loving , one could say these few are Christ like. To meet these few is rare. Most are very judgmental and hell minded. I mean they will put you in their hell in a slap minute! And think nothing of it. Some are very harsh and cruel. Many are elitist, you know , like their from another planet. Like the bible is theirs to have and to hold , and your just a fool left out. You know the type, like you can't have any of the candy , its all theirs; too bad!

And you wonder why these people seem to think they have the anointing all wrapped up to themselves? Like they walk on water or something? I mean where does this behavior come from? From Christ? Whom they claim to immolate? Is it just human nature?

I wonder what its like to be Christian?

I mean if I use the ones here as an example , would this thread last?
Big whoop.
Everyone falls short.

This part cracked me up!
Most are very judgmental
You came to be judgmental to those you deem judgmental.
Pot kettle.
As if anyone's own righteousness made them a Christian.

Romans 5:18 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.​

HINT: The one is Christ and no one else.
It was His righteousness alone that saves anyone, and not your own righteousness.

Romans 5:8 KJV​
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.​

Well looky there!
One doesn't have to clean up their act first to be saved.

Christ did not die to make bad men better.
He died so dead men could live.

Mickiel

So we don't have to know Jesus' teachings to follow Him?

Well it depends Meshak ; you and I can read and we have access to a bible. There are people on this earth who don't even know what a bible is. And they can't read anyway. They have no churches around them; so how does Jesus deal with these kinds of people? They don't even know how to follow him ; they know nothing about Jesus. God does not ignore these people, they are given salvation anyway.

Mickiel

Big whoop.
Everyone falls short.

This part cracked me up!
You came to be judgmental to those you deem judgmental.
Pot kettle.
As if anyone's own righteousness made them a Christian.

Romans 5:18 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.​

HINT: The one is Christ and no one else.
It was His righteousness alone that saves anyone, and not your own righteousness.

Romans 5:8 KJV​
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.​

Well looky there!
One doesn't have to clean up their act first to be saved.

Christ did not die to make bad men better.
He died so dead men could live.

Welcome to the thread.

Peace.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well it depends Meshak ; you and I can read and we have access to a bible. There are people on this earth who don't even know what a bible is. And they can't read anyway. They have no churches around them; so how does Jesus deal with these kinds of people? They don't even know how to follow him ; they know nothing about Jesus. God does not ignore these people, they are given salvation anyway.

I am sure God has a way to reach them. We don't know how He works.

In the mean time, Jesus commands us to teach the world everything He commanded His followers.

How do you reconcile with this His word?

Mickiel

I am sure God has a way to reach them. We don't know how He works.

In the mean time, Jesus commands us to teach the world everything He commanded His followers.

How do you reconcile with this His word?

Well I think we should bear witness to the word as we understand it ; were doing that here now. And I do it in many places. What is in you will come out of you ;IF that is what God wants you to do. Many believers are passive and remain silent; that is not wrong , its just not for them to do certain things. Bearing witness is not easy. You just learn as you go.