If God wants to make laws, He needs to run for office just like everyone else

Tinark

To all you Christians who want to use "God's Law" to govern the country:

God isn't President, Obama is. God isn't on the Supreme Court, 9 men and women are. God was never authorized to represent my interests and make policy on my behalf as a senator or representative. If God wants to make laws, He needs to run for office like everybody else.

Quetzal

God isn't President, Obama is. God isn't on the Supreme Court, 9 men and women are. God was never authorized to represent my interests and make policy on my behalf as a senator or representative. If God wants to make laws, He needs to run for office like everybody else.
I wish he would enter the race, make it a real nail biter.

Jose Fly

To all you Christians who want to use "God's Law" to govern the country

It's funny how often conservative Christians say things like that, but when it's put back to them as something like, "Oh, so you want to overturn our current government and replace it with a theocracy", they're like "Oh my goodness, no!"

Pretty strong cognitive dissonance there.

Quetzal

It's funny how often conservative Christians say things like that, but when it's put back to them as something like, "Oh, so you want to overturn our current government and replace it with a theocracy", they're like "Oh my goodness, no!"

Pretty strong cognitive dissonance there.
They would be equally upset if God were to align closer to liberal politics. Could you imagine?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

The supreme court members didnt run for office, they have no right to create law.

drbrumley

The SCOTUS didn't "create a law" last week any more than they did in Loving v. Virginia.

Um, let's see. Some states had homo marriage illegal. Some states didn't. The new law made it mandatory every state shall recognize same sex marriage and grant license for it. That's new.

glorydaz

Daniel 4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:darwinsm:

When Jesus returns, He is not going to wait for you to give Him the thumbs up. You'll have to vote with your feet, not to mention your arms and the rest of your body. Oh, and you'll probably be made to carry a weapon.

gcthomas

:darwinsm:

When Jesus returns, He is not going to wait for you to give Him the thumbs up. You'll have to vote with your feet, not to mention your arms and the rest of your body. Oh, and you'll probably be made to carry a weapon.

I'll believe that only when I see it.

What was good enough for Doubting Thomas...

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

So when human governance and human institutions collapse and fail what complaint can you have?

fool

Hall of Fame
Um, let's see. Some states had homo marriage illegal. Some states didn't. The new law made it mandatory every state shall recognize same sex marriage and grant license for it. That's new.
No, marriage is not new.

yes, the correct one, congress is who makes law. 5 justices overstepped their bounds which is to interpret law, not create it.
They didn't create marriage.

SCOTUS didn't make the drinking fountain, they just said that you have to let the gays drink from it.

shagster01

God would never win the conservative vote. Too little hate and corporate greed.

Jose Fly

And by the same token, some states had interracial marriage illegal, some states didn't. The "new law" made it mandatory for every state to recognize interracial marriage and grant license for it.

So either you object to Loving v. Virginia on the same grounds, or you are laughably hypocritical.