If I ran for President

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlunae

LOL! @ leftists who think they understand liberty.

No Sharia is not in any meaningful way comparable to Christian theonomy.

In this case, your idea of "liberty" involves revoking my citizenship, censoring my speech, and killing me if I don't accept my dhimmitude. That has to be one of the most eccentric notions of liberty ever invented.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Please share, starting with the most recent (of supposed Christian atrocities).

Try again, as Interahamwe and the Lord's Resistance Army are anything but Christian.
(theft, rape, kidnapping and murder aren't a Christian value).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interahamwe

http://www.charismanews.com/world/32167-ird-lords-resistance-army-not-christian

Dan Emanuel

If I ran for President, I would ensure that religious liberty is protected and enforced in public school's.

They're are too many violation's of the religious liberty of Christian's, while every other identified religion is protected in our school's. And I think this is because Christian's as a rule don't identify themselve's, especially as a body. They're are this type of Christian, and that type of Christian, and that other type of Christian --we're not united. If we were united, then we could have the protection's that we require under the law, that is formed around the acknowledgement of the freedom of religion.

Our school's essentially rape our youngster's into leaving there childhood faith, and this is completely illegal. Young Christian's ought to be protected just as much as young Muslim's, Jew's, Hindu's, et al. are protected. If they're is a lesson that militate's against Christian faith, then it ought to be suppressed until the child is old enough to comprehend it's conflict with there faith; and legally, people cannot enter into contract's until they are 18 if not 21 in some case's, so until this age, I think its reasonable to restrict any lesson's or textbook's that are hostile to the Church.

DJ

TrakeM

If I ran for President, I would ensure that religious liberty is protected and enforced in public school's.

They're are too many violation's of the religious liberty of Christian's, while every other identified religion is protected in our school's. And I think this is because Christian's as a rule don't identify themselve's, especially as a body. They're are this type of Christian, and that type of Christian, and that other type of Christian --we're not united. If we were united, then we could have the protection's that we require under the law, that is formed around the acknowledgement of the freedom of religion.

Our school's essentially rape our youngster's into leaving there childhood faith, and this is completely illegal. Young Christian's ought to be protected just as much as young Muslim's, Jew's, Hindu's, et al. are protected. If they're is a lesson that militate's against Christian faith, then it ought to be suppressed until the child is old enough to comprehend it's conflict with there faith; and legally, people cannot enter into contract's until they are 18 if not 21 in some case's, so until this age, I think its reasonable to restrict any lesson's or textbook's that are hostile to the Church.

DJ
So, if all text books must never disagree with anyone's beliefs, how are we going to have an education system? It just winds up being a place where people go to be told that everything they think is true is true no matter what the scientific evidence shows. That's not an education. We teach science even if it goes against the magic based system you believe in much the same way as we will teach you that 1 + 1 = 2 even if you believe it equals cat. Welcome to science. It's not based on magic and it will and should be in schools even if you have a student who was raised to believe that 1 + 1 = cat.

HisServant

Dan Emanuel

So, if all text books must never disagree with anyone's beliefs, how are we going to have an education system? It just winds up being a place where people go to be told that everything they think is true is true no matter what the scientific evidence shows. That's not an education. We teach science even if it goes against the magic based system you believe in much the same way as we will teach you that 1 + 1 = 2 even if you believe it equals cat. Welcome to science. It's not based on magic and it will and should be in schools even if you have a student who was raised to believe that 1 + 1 = cat.
You're hyperbole aside, we already are doing what I'm proposing with other identified religion's. Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, et al., youth, are already protected from formal education that militate's against there faith's. Beyond this, these children are protected from schoolyard bullying especially based on there religion's. Everybody else know's to not utter or draw or paint religiously intolerant thing's --in all case's except Christian faith. Its fine to be hostile and bellicose toward's Christian faith, and toward's no other.

And its illegal. We violate the right's of just those children who are of the Christian faith. We act as if Christian faith alone is malleable and reversible in children, and Christian faith alone is destroyed in school curricula, while every other faith is protected and celebrated even. Christian faith is treated as a disease, alone. Every other faith is a badge of honor.

DJ

drbrumley

1.) Eliminate all taxes

:up:

2.) Term limits, 2 for Senators, 4 for representatives.

Ok, start the feeding frenzy. You think it's bad now, wait till you get term limits.

3.) Elected officials should not get a permanent salary or any benefits whatsoever when they leave office.

Then neither should you from your employer? Why or why not?

4.) Make passing laws that are known to be unconstitutional illegal and those that vote for them go to prison. (abortion restrictions, campaign finance reform, etc.. etc.. etc.) If we want to change these things, they must go through the constitutional amendment process.

Seems subjective to me. Now we are talking about voting as to what the Constitution means.

5.) Make any violation of the constitution by elected officials be subject to capital punishment.... they swore to uphold the constitution.. if the violate it, it is treason.

and so on.

Seems subjective to me. Now we are talking about voting as to what the Constitution means.

Christian Liberty

In this case, your idea of "liberty" involves revoking my citizenship, censoring my speech, and killing me if I don't accept my dhimmitude. That has to be one of the most eccentric notions of liberty ever invented.

Your idea of "liberty" entails taxing and regulating every part of life, and murdering unborn babies, so why the heck should I care what you think about this?

Citizenship wouldn't mean nearly as much in theonomy because the State is much smaller. But you blaspheme God and yes, the State should execute you.

Christian Liberty

DJ

Just curious, where exactly do you see liberty to worship a false god in scripture, how far do you think that goes, and why?

Christian Liberty

This isn't Israel.

Its interesting because I've seen you use the same argument regarding homosexuality. Why does that one still apply but the blasphemy law doesn't?

I suspect at some point dispensationalism is going to be the key difference. You believe in dispensationalism (I think) while I believe in covenant theology.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Please tell me, WHO determines which things people say or write are to be considered blasphemy . This is highly subjective .
Such laws are common in Muslim countries .

drbrumley

Its interesting because I've seen you use the same argument regarding homosexuality. Why does that one still apply but the blasphemy law doesn't?

Blasphemy is subjective. Homosexuality isn't. So under this system of yours, you will execute all non trins? They firmly believe as the Jews. They can quote scripture in the attempt to justify what they believe. Yet it is blasphemy. Or is just those that use a crucifix inside a jar of urine. Kill all atheists too?

I suspect at some point dispensationalism is going to be the key difference. You believe in dispensationalism (I think) while I believe in covenant theology.

I don't think dispensationalism has any bearing on this discussion. But then again, maybe it does.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Just a "for fun" thread as I would of course never get elected with this platform, but what the heck:

I would do everything in my power to amend the 1st amendment so as to add an explicit mention of Jesus Christ to the national constitution.

I would do everything in my power to also add a basic statement of faith that generally covers reformation-ish Protestantism (at the very least requiring affirmation of the Nicene Creed and the 5 solas) as a prerequesite for holding public office.

Those who would not take an oath that they believe such would be denied citizenship. They could still live and work in the land, and do anything else a citizen can do but vote or hold office, but are bound by the laws of the land.

Those who do take the oath but subversively break it (by preaching false gospels or false gods) would suffer execution. This would not apply to those who did not take the oath to begin with, though as mentioned they would be sojurners in the land.

Furthermore, blasphemy of the one true God would be a capital crime whether one is a citizen or not.

Adulterers, those who engage in homosexual sex, murderers, rapists, incorrigible rebels who cannot be brought to repentance by any other fashion, those who falsely accuse others of capital crimes, and violators of any other Old Covenant death penalty law not specifically repealed in the New would be executed.

Thieves would always pay resitution. No prisons.

Those who commit assault could suffer flogging or pay resitution to the victims. No prisons.

Government would have no legislature. Only local courts to apply the law to specific situations.

Reactive police force only. Call them up like the fire department, and they will come to help you. No patrol cops allowed.

No standing army. navy and air force supported by armed citizenry.

Destroy graven images that are publicly displayed, including pictures of any person of the trinity, or idols, no matter who owns them.

Taxes strictly limited to 9% or less. I'd also like to have a further limiter, say 3-5%, during peacetime.

Other than that I pretty much want to leave everyone alone. Repeal all laws not justified by the laws in God's Word. This includes most economic regulation, drug laws, gun control, etc. Government can repress grave evil but it cannot fix all of our social problems. Families, churches, and markets need to pick up the slack as the State shrinks back to a manageable size.

Well, that's what I would do if I were President, if possible.

So you'd be a dictator. You guys really seem to hate democracy whenever the subject comes up. Constitution, too, for that matter. This whole bit's a little funny--unintentionally; I mean the "other than that" part was a heck of a punchline--but also very depressing.

HisServant

It bother me that some 'Christians' think that government can fix their perceived problems.

The best course of action is to vote for someone that will get out of our way and give us the freedom to worship and abide by our interpretation of scripture, providing it does not physically harm anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.