If we have to shut down the government to defund Planned Parenthood, so be it

republicanchick

YES!

Some Republicans are talking about shutting down the government (read: behemoth resource-stealing, bloated beast)

in order to defund Planned Barren-head

I am SOOO proud of my party

Heck, about half of the government should have been shut down decades ago... and shut down for GOOD

who needs such agencies as the IRS? (after we get a REASONABLE tax code, that is)

who needs the Dept of Education?

Education, like so many other things, should be LOCAL (read: more easily accessed and controlled by WE THE PEOPLE not the Almighty Washington BEAST)

++

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The authorities should be executing murderers, not refusing to give them money.

republicanchick

Which is 100 percent the fault of pansies in charge who think things like defunding are justice.

I never said it was perfect justice and no one else is saying that.. We are only trying to do what we actually CAN do... As long as Roe v Wade is not overturned.. there aren't an abundance of options

++++

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
YES!

Some Republicans are talking about shutting down the government (read: behemoth resource-stealing, bloated beast)

in order to defund Planned Barren-head

I am SOOO proud of my party

Heck, about half of the government should have been shut down decades ago... and shut down for GOOD

who needs such agencies as the IRS? (after we get a REASONABLE tax code, that is)

who needs the Dept of Education?

Education, like so many other things, should be LOCAL (read: more easily accessed and controlled by WE THE PEOPLE not the Almighty Washington BEAST)

++
And your suggesting this because shutting down government has always worked so well for Republicans in the past?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

didn't know "worked so well" was always the moral equivalent of

doing the right thing

___
So doing the right things includes stopping paychecks for our military and their families. Doing the right thing includes stopping social security payments to those who worked hard for them and live off of them. Doing the right thing includes stopping medical services for our veterans. Doing the right thing includes shutting down meat packing because the government inspectors are not allowed to work. Interesting.