I'm taking a weather spotter course...

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A friend of mine suggested I take it because I've always been interested in weather and I live in a rural area. If I become a certified spotter, I will be reporting to NOAA and the county sheriff when we have bad weather (t-storms, tornadoes, flash floods, and winter weather). This sounds interesting to me. I won't be getting paid (that I know of). I've done most of the course already. Now, all I need to do is take the test.

bybee

A friend of mine suggested I take it because I've always been interested in weather and I live in a rural area. If I become a certified spotter, I will be reporting to NOAA and the county sheriff when we have bad weather (t-storms, tornadoes, flash floods, and winter weather). This sounds interesting to me. I won't be getting paid (that I know of). I've done most of the course already. Now, all I need to do is take the test.

How exciting! I wish you success with the test! Do you have to understand any complicated equipment to do this?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How exciting! I wish you success with the test! Do you have to understand any complicated equipment to do this?

Not that I know of. But, I'm going to get a compass, a weather radio, an indoor/outdoor thermometer, and something to measure rainfall just because I want them. I will need the compass to be able to tell what direction any funnels/tornadoes are from my house.

theophilus

Our local weather spotters get a blurb on the evening weather portions of the local news via Skype.

It's pretty cool.

:D

Good for you!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It would be nice to know a weather spotter, so to avoid as much bad weather as possible. Weather makes me fell sick. Going back down to Florida tomorrow morning.

ok doser

Not that I know of. But, I'm going to get a compass, a weather radio, an indoor/outdoor thermometer, and something to measure rainfall just because I want them. I will need the compass to be able to tell what direction any funnels/tornadoes are from my house.

they should give you a raincoat